GREAT SCOTT!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The administration has not installed a spell checker. They only just learnt how to delete an entire thread.

Your right my eotion did get the best of me, because instead of people just discussing the issue, I was flooded with insults. This is the problem with this board and most likley one of the reason we are not affiliated with the official Essendon website. Instead of talking about my point, I got Doolan and robbie amoung others flinging insults.

This happens consistantly here and the Administration doesn't give a shit, because I'm not in their little circle.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did he not have presence? How many times did he destroy us? How many full forward could be isolotaed against Fletcher and have fans be not confident in Fletcher to get a fist on it? Every time he player us, with brute stregth would take the over head mark or chest mark. He may not be a icon of the game or anything like that but he had presnce. His presence was such when the ball was put to the contest everyone knew he had the best chacne to take the strong mark.
Depends. How do you define destroy?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Are you serious?

"How many full forwards could be isolotaed against Fletcher and have fans be not confident in Fletcher to get a fist on it? Every time he played us, with brute stregth would take the over head mark or chest mark"
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:The administration has not installed a spell checker. They only just learnt how to delete an entire thread.
Your right my eotion did get the best of me, because instead of people just discussing the issue, I was flooded with insults. This is the problem with this board and most likley one of the reason we are not affiliated with the official Essendon website. Instead of talking about my point, I got Doolan and robbie amoung others flinging insults.

This happens consistantly here and the Administration doesn't give a shit, because I'm not in their little circle.
Incorrect.
They haven't had reason to do so untill recently.

Your not always flooded with insults, atm I'd say its roughly 50/50 both ways.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Are you serious?

"How many full forwards could be isolotaed against Fletcher and have fans be not confident in Fletcher to get a fist on it? Every time he played us, with brute stregth would take the over head mark or chest mark"
I was meaning in terms of goals kicked against us, possesions wise if you please.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Bullshit I'm not. And it is only 50/50, becasue I aint a pussy who will let these guys walk all over me. You all know who incite the insults.

Bro, if you start a phpBB discussing forum it should be one of the first things you learn.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

It's actually Bradshaw that owns us...not Lynch that I can really remember. He'd always pop up with his 2-3, but it was Bradshaw that would kick the bags against us.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:

I was meaning in terms of goals kicked against us, possesions wise if you please.
That is what you define as killing us. You asked what I define and I answer you. You were not doubting what I said but questions, eventhough the answer was in the exact same post.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

That is what you define as killing us. You asked what I define and I answer you. You were not doubting what I said but questions, eventhough the answer was in the exact same post.
I'm now asking you to define what destroy means in terms of possesion. Which was my original intention.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Effectivness. He might not do teh Richo adn get 25 possesion, but would get 15 or so and kick 5 or so goals. And from what I remember if the game was in the balance or we were making the comeback, he would be the guy up forward.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Effectivness. He might not do teh Richo adn get 25 possesion, but would get 15 or so and kick 5 or so goals. And from what I remember if the game was in the balance or we were making the comeback, he would be the guy up forward.
He actually only ever did that once against us.
He never got 5 goals in any other game but he did get 22 touches in one other game. Care to take a guess when that happened?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Your getting me off track anyway. This is about presence, not posessions.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Your getting me off track anyway. This is about presence, not posessions.
:lol: Cant have presence if you dont go get the pill. Something Lynch struggled to do against us.

Not going to guess when he did what you said was destroying us possesion wise? I'll tell you then.
It was for the Brisbane Bears back in 1994.

Another interesting one is that 2002 Lynch kicked 7 in Round 15 against Richmond.
7 again against Sydney in Round 16 and 5 against Hawthorn in Round 17.

He was running well and headed into the clash with Essendon with a head of steam. Now seeing as though he destroyed us you could only imagine with that sort of form he'd have kicked at least 3 goals, easily have 10 touches and take probably about 7 marks? Yes? Remembering of course he destroyed us.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

He's gone quiet.

Just for those waiting for the answer to the question despite being able to destroy Essendon and having such good form Lynch had 6 touches no marks and kicked 1 goal
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think that now closes the argument, boncer34. Well done.

Now let's lock this thread and get on with talking about something else more interesting. I say.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sav Rocca always owned Fletcher. Lynch was just a side show. In fact just to prove how dumb your argument is idiot, Brisbane's plan against us was always to keep Fletcher away from the play. He'd go to Lynch, and Lynch would go nowhere near the football. That's why Bradshaw had so much success against us. So waht Lynch had against was actually "a lack of precence". But hey dick, dont let the facts get in the way of an average story.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:That presence allows you to be a superstar. And I do not through that term around as loosley as people like yourself do.

Naming them all has nothing to do with the statement moron. Naming a few allows people to understand what I mean by presence with an example. You have the arguments mixed up dickhead.
Scott Lucas is an outstanding player. I did not say he was a superstar. Read MY post. Without "presence" he couldn't be an outstanding player.

Naming a few eh? Hird and Carey. You added etcetera after them. NAME THEM.
And I said presence makes a player a superstar not just outstanding.
Out of the players I have seen.
Hirdy, Ablett, Plugger, Carey, Lynch, Voss. Just off the top of my head.
Why don't you compare apples with apples? You've just selectively chosen champions who have played in different positions. The only one who comes close to Scotty's role is Wayne Carey. Why don't you compare him to the likes of Tredrea, Brown, Hall, Richardson or Neitz? Even then, these guys have been the main focal point for their respective clubs over the years while Scotty has played 2nd fiddle to Lloyd for most of his. Don't forget he also played CHB for a couple of seasons where he also won a B & F. 247 Games, 431 Goals and 2 B & F's suggests he has "presence".
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

andrewb wrote:Please Essendon4Eva. Scott Lucas has been an absolute champion for this club. There is no debating that. He has presence, he has class, he is a gun. He is also probably the most underrated player in the last 30 years of football, mainly due to the fact that we've got Lloyd as well. If he had been playing at Geelong for the last 10 years he would have a Brownless like profile.
Not the physical profile though I hope :wink:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Well that was fun, twenty minutes of my life I wont get back cleaning up this thread. I would apologise for it reading funny now half the comments are omitted, but it isn't my damn fault.

E4E. Attaboy. Slag off the admin and mods and expect us to defend you.

*I* am the one who couldn't delete a whole thread. The rest of the admin and mods probably could, I haven't discussed it with them. Don't bother lumping us all together just because you're in a sulk with me because I wont give you your own way.

Robbie. FFS. You're like a cat with a friggen mouse. Leave it alone already.

You pair are really beginning to shit me off.

If you need to continue your little schoolboy squabble, do it via PM or something. Unless you NEED an audience to make you feel clever, in which case the powers that collectively be - aka not just me - might feel the urge to make people formally known as BTers.

For Christ's sake. Hirdy retired! I'm a woman on the edge! Don't push me! ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Meh, it's not like I'm upsetting a human.