Should There Be a Spill of The EFC Board?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.

Should there be a spill of the EFC Board?

Yes
7%
No
91%
Undecided
2%

Total votes: 46

Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Doctor Fish wrote:Silly question. Does anyone know what sort of percentage of the vote these clownfarts need to achieve to spill the board? I expect a full BT turn out at the meeting boys and girls (whenever it is...). This has gone on too long already...

[-(
This would be considered a special resolution and would need 75% of votes to pass. Of course, I haven't seen the EFC Constitution, but that's the standard statutory limitation.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

75% vote for Save Essendon? Tell 'im his dreamin'...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:A group of disenchanted supporters has served the club with a petition for the removal of chief executive Peter Jackson from the board and the replacement of president Ray Horsburgh. If they don't get their wish there will be a move on the board at an extraordinary general meeting.
He forgot to add "led by me"

He also forgot to add that they got 108 signatures out of a possible 32,000 minimum of people who were pissed. I wonder how many of them are still pissed at the decision?
tom9779 wrote: Supporters are right to make the board and the president accountable for sacrificing a coach, the players and ultimately the season. [/i]
I think the coach (ex coach now) should be made accountable for the poor drafting for 4 years. Oh wait, he has now been made accountable for it. His contract wasnt renewed. Sheedy brought this upon himself, maybe next time he wont pick players based on race (McAlister) or pick prject players, instead go for players that are actually required.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

BomberinJapan wrote:Tom and AndrewB - I respect that you`re willing to go against the majority and give your opinions, but you still haven`t given a decent reason for explaining why we need to waste time and money and bring all this extra attention onto the club with an EGM, rather than just waiting a couple of months longer for the AGM.
The question is "should there be a spill of the EFC board?" It doesn't mention anything about EGMs or AGMs.

I think the proposed EGM is ridiculous and destabilising. I think the saveessendon group are rudderless fools and in a general sense I think boards are hired to make tough decisions.

However, I need to be confident that all members of the board have acted in a measured fashion before I'm comfortable with them remaining in control and at this stage everything I've read and heard seems to indicate the opposite.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

andrewb wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Tom and AndrewB - I respect that you`re willing to go against the majority and give your opinions, but you still haven`t given a decent reason for explaining why we need to waste time and money and bring all this extra attention onto the club with an EGM, rather than just waiting a couple of months longer for the AGM.
The question is "should there be a spill of the EFC board?" It doesn't mention anything about EGMs or AGMs.

I think the proposed EGM is ridiculous and destabilising. I think the saveessendon group are rudderless fools and in a general sense I think boards are hired to make tough decisions.
Ok, fair call...consider what I said taken back :wink:

I still don`t 100% agree with what you said about the board, but I would agree that they do deserve a fair grilling at the AGM.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

At first I supported the right of this group to go the route they have choosen. However it is no just utter stupitity. It is too late to try and get Sheed's back. They need to accept it and create a good environment for our playing group and the new coaching staff.