Dyson SIGNS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I am pleased. I have faith in you Vacuum, now don't let me down!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Little surprised that Dyson has signed for two years, i would have thought that now was the time to trade him for another second round pick.

I have a feeling that MJ will get the chop as no one seemed interested in him and Pev deserves another year on the list. Bradley will probably remain uncontracted and end up in the PSD.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I am surprised at 2 years, but now that he is on board, let's see what he has got.

We have seen flashes but nothing substantial and yet he has been given every opportunity.

If nothing else, he need to bulk up. Too easily pushed off the ball.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

JUST COME OUT AND SMASH THE CRITICS MATE!!!
YOU HAVE THE SKILL, A DEADLY LEFT FOOT
YOU HAVE THE SPEED

2008 IS THE YEAR RICKY DYSON ARRIVES (YOU 2 ANGUS)
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Megan wrote:I am pleased. I have faith in you Vacuum, now don't let me down!
Ha ha, i've got one of those.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Little surprised that Dyson has signed for two years, i would have thought that now was the time to trade him for another second round pick.
OH MY GOD....I'M SURE IF ANYONE OFFERED US A 2ND ROUND PICK....WE WOULD'VE JUMPED AT IT.

THE BEST WE GOT OFFERED WAS A 4TH ROUND PICK!!!

CAN'T TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING NO ONE IS WILLING TO OFFER US!!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
keri wrote:And if he only gets that much game time, why isn't he using that as an opportunity to REALLY show the coaching staff what he's made of? He doesn't fight for it, he should be all the more hungry for that ball if he only gets that little chance to get at it.
Because its hard coming on and off the bench every 5 minutes. You need to pick up the speed of the game.
The guy has speed when he has the ball, and is one of the slowest when he's without it. That's why he doesn't get game time, and that's why he's dropped more often than not. He simply doesn't chase (and he's got the pace to do so), and he doesn't want to get dirty. He needs to earn a spot in the team and not just be gifted games. That's what Knights says he's gonna do with this list, and I hope he carries through with it.
That's my problem with him - he DOESN'T chase. I would understand if chased and came up short - but he doesn't even bother. What does that say about him?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
keri wrote:And if he only gets that much game time, why isn't he using that as an opportunity to REALLY show the coaching staff what he's made of? He doesn't fight for it, he should be all the more hungry for that ball if he only gets that little chance to get at it.
Because its hard coming on and off the bench every 5 minutes. You need to pick up the speed of the game.
The guy has speed when he has the ball, and is one of the slowest when he's without it. That's why he doesn't get game time, and that's why he's dropped more often than not. He simply doesn't chase (and he's got the pace to do so), and he doesn't want to get dirty. He needs to earn a spot in the team and not just be gifted games. That's what Knights says he's gonna do with this list, and I hope he carries through with it.
That's my problem with him - he DOESN'T chase. I would understand if chased and came up short - but he doesn't even bother. What does that say about him?
There was a couple of times this season where I cringed. I held back my criticisms in regard to Dyson in here because I think he's still developing. But, there were instances where he was in a position to tackle i.e the opposition player was running past him with the ball and he attempted to lay a tackle that was so soft and feeble that the player just brushed him off like a speck of dust. He just gave up the ghost and didn't bother chasing either. Dyson looks quite good in open space, running with the ball. No doubt that he has pace and better than average skills. But it's his insipid work rate when he doesn't have it that needs serious work. Hopefully that's what the new coaching team concentrate on to help him become a better "rounded" player.
Essendunny
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

You need a body to tackle effectively.

Most of our team need to hit the gym.

CJ can be the weights coach.

Got to be fast and strong like Geelong.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

doogle wrote:You need a body to tackle effectively.

Most of our team need to hit the gym.

CJ can be the weights coach.

Got to be fast and strong like Geelong.
Doesn't seem to bother Alwyn Davey though, who is the shortest and lightest at the club (171cm & 70kg).
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Alwyn is actually the shortest player in the AFL, not just our club, and he still gets in their every time and lays the tackle.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"