Cousins Sacked!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Filthy wrote:
F111 wrote:The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
Possession.

Refusing a blood test still stands....begging the question, if he was clean, why refuse? :roll:
I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

so cops can approach anyone on the street and ask them if they can test them for drugs?

if he was actually driving a vehicle, yes I can understand it...but from the very limited footage i saw, it appeared he may havegot out of the back seat.

if thats the case, he has every right to tell the cops to shove it.

ben did a pretty good thing by admitting a drug problem, despite NEVER turning up for his work under the influence, never testing positive for drug use etc.

from what I understand his whole debacle came about because of his infidelity....ie the bird he was dating found him taking drugs with various other naked cheap women.

I hope cousins goes away, gets sober, then presents at an AFL club maybe a year out of the game. if he is good enough, he should really be allowed to play.

NEVER tested postive for drug use, has to count for something. he is ruining his life, but must be given a chance to set it right again.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tom9779 wrote:I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

so cops can approach anyone on the street and ask them if they can test them for drugs?

if he was actually driving a vehicle, yes I can understand it...but from the very limited footage i saw, it appeared he may havegot out of the back seat.

ben did a pretty good thing by admitting a drug problem, despite NEVER turning up for his work under the influence, never testing positive for drug use etc.

from what I understand his whole debacle came about because of his infidelity....ie the bird he was dating found him taking drugs with various other naked cheap women.
Amazing. I think every single paragraph there is factually incorrect. E4E would be jealous.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
F111 wrote:The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
Possession.

Refusing a blood test still stands....begging the question, if he was clean, why refuse? :roll:
I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

I hope cousins goes away, gets sober, then presents at an AFL club maybe a year out of the game. if he is good enough, he should really be allowed to play.

NEVER tested postive for drug use, has to count for something. he is ruining his life, but must be given a chance to set it right again.
Soon, you will get facts correct. Keep trying.

On topic, they have probably dropped the charges on the account that he will talk. They were obviously following him, had him under surveillance. They probably made a deal that if he talks on who his dealer is, they will drop the charges.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
tom9779 wrote:I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

Amazing. I think every single paragraph there is factually incorrect. E4E would be jealous.

How can the first sentence be factually incorrect? He's offering his opinion.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

gringo wrote:How can the first sentence be factually incorrect? He's offering his opinion.
Perhaps, but it's such an inane opinion that it may as well be factually incorrect. It's clearly not "fine to refuse a blood test" if doing so, assuming the request from authority was legitimately made, can result in charges being laid.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
gringo wrote:How can the first sentence be factually incorrect? He's offering his opinion.
Perhaps, but it's such an inane opinion that it may as well be factually incorrect. It's clearly not "fine to refuse a blood test" if doing so, assuming the request from authority was legitimately made, can result in charges being laid.
True.

If Cousins was clean at the time, he should have no reason to refuse the test.

While he might have had some sort of moral objection to it, he must be stupid if he didn't anticipate the reaction to him refusing a drug test given his past history, weather clean or not.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What penalty is Ben Cousins facing for refusing to provide a saliva or blood sample? According to the Road Traffic Amendment (Drugs) Act 2007 in WA, he faced a maximum penalty of $200 and 3 demerit points for a first time offender found with illicit drugs in their system. If he failed to provide a sample he was facing a penalty of $200 only! F****** ludicrous!!!!

However, I am of the understanding that he is actually charged with one count of failing to "comply with a requirement to undergo a driver assessment." By looking at the penalty chart, and the wording of his charge, it seems he is facing a maximum penalty of $2500 and 6 month disqualification - a far more realistic penalty for his non compliance. However, I am a little confused at the structure of penalties within the document.

http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov.au ... 07_000.pdf
Essendunny