Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Royza
Club Captain

Re: Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Post by Royza »

Love it =D>
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Collingwood outplay Brisbane for 2/3rds of the match, get a match-winning lead in wet conditions in the 4th quarter, then get on the end of a few iffy umpiring decisions and go down by 2 points in what must've broken the hearts of many a Centrelink baby.

Delightful.

No better way to start Round 2. I was gunning it all night for Brisbane. Did anyone notice a certain degree of favouritism towards the Magpies by the commentators. Such as:
- "Name me a player who is better in the wet than Dale Thomas"
- "Collingwood would have to have the best forward line in the competition" Fair enough, they do have Neon Leon, Didak, Medhurst, Rocca, Cloke and a few others floating through, but they are all very "hot" and "cold" type of players.

There were a few other quotes by the commentators, though I can't remember them.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The commentators were praising Roos for his initiative for coaching off the bench. Don't we have a game-day coach on the bench? Also, Sheedy has been doing it for years in patches here and there!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Collingwood don't have anywhere near the best forward line in the league, don't know where they pulled that one from!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Collingwood have a very very even team. They know how to stick to a game plan and know how to execute it to perfection.

They may whinge about the soft free kick to Brown and Corrie, but Brown should have had one earlier in the quarter when Maxwell charged into him in a marking contest front on and wasn't paid. And what about the throw by O'Bree that ended up in a shot at goal by Thomas?

Collingwood may go and speak to Geishan, but perhaps they should speak to Goldsack and Egan and ask them why they kicked across goal in the wet, which resulted in two Brisbane goals.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

sconsey wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Collingwood outplay Brisbane for 2/3rds of the match, get a match-winning lead in wet conditions in the 4th quarter, then get on the end of a few iffy umpiring decisions and go down by 2 points in what must've broken the hearts of many a Centrelink baby.

Delightful.

No better way to start Round 2. I was gunning it all night for Brisbane. Did anyone notice a certain degree of favouritism towards the Magpies by the commentators. Such as:
- "Name me a player who is better in the wet than Dale Thomas"
- "Collingwood would have to have the best forward line in the competition" Fair enough, they do have Neon Leon, Didak, Medhurst, Rocca, Cloke and a few others floating through, but they are all very "hot" and "cold" type of players.

There were a few other quotes by the commentators, though I can't remember them.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The commentators were praising Roos for his initiative for coaching off the bench. Don't we have a game-day coach on the bench? Also, Sheedy has been doing it for years in patches here and there!
Well, i', not sure whether the commentators were necessarily favouring Collingwood per se, but they (Schwarz in particular - this man regularly proffers remarks that are offensively unintelligent) did come up with a few humdingers:
- The Dale Thomas remark you've already mentioned. Shame his brilliant skills in the wet didn't help him with that set shot from 30m out late in the last quarter which, if he had have kicked it, would probably have won Collingwood the game;
- General remarks concerning Jarred Brennan. His flashy stuff looks good when it comes off, but he did a number of things last night that cost his team badly.
- Alan Didak having the 'smartest feet in the league'. What exactly does that mean? I interpret it to mean that, given the anatomy of the human body is such that feet have no cognitive powers of their own, Didak's feet are just as smart as everyone else's.
- Medhurst being a crafty player around goals. Errrr, no, he's a hog with no defensive efforts who tries to pull off miracles too often and regularly fails. At least Didak has the skill to make the hog plays pay off.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:They may whinge about the soft free kick to Brown and Corrie, but Brown should have had one earlier in the quarter when Maxwell charged into him in a marking contest front on and wasn't paid. And what about the throw by O'Bree that ended up in a shot at goal by Thomas?
Collingwood got away with throwing the ball close to half a dozen times last night, i reckon. Not sure whether the umpires made a conscious decision to be lenient on throws given the wet conditions, but they let a lot of Collingwood throws go last night. O'Bree and Burns both got away with a couple each.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

One of the commentators wanted to know the IQ of Alan Didaks feet. What an idiot.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Stupid Collingwood choking and costing me a tip. Apparently Michael Voss was right. :roll:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Melbourne off to a good start. They lead the Bulldogs 2.3.15 to 2.2.14

Sounds like they are having a go this week.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

KaaN10 wrote:One of the commentators wanted to know the IQ of Alan Didaks feet. What an idiot.
That was Cometti - the dumbest thing he has ever said - something more likely to come out of Quartermain's gob than anyone else. But given Dennis is usually pretty entertaining and witty - I'll let it slide.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Adelaide lookig pretty good against West Coast. Leading by 27 at 1/4 time.

The Bulldogs have Melbourne beaten. They lead by 31 points just into the 3rd quarter.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

tonysoprano wrote:
KaaN10 wrote:One of the commentators wanted to know the IQ of Alan Didaks feet. What an idiot.
That was Cometti - the dumbest thing he has ever said - something more likely to come out of Quartermain's gob than anyone else. But given Dennis is usually pretty entertaining and witty - I'll let it slide.

I don't know, I reckon his feet have about the same IQ as the bit above his shoulders.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gee Melbourne are pathetic. The Western Bulldogs lead by 84 points 10 minutes into the last quarter.

Adelaide lead West Coast by 37 at half time.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Too bad we dont play them til round 18. By that stage, who knows how we will be playing.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Would have been a nice percentage boost to have at the start of the season.

A 95 point win for the Western Bulldogs. They had four players kick 3 goals or more.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

The last 10 days have displayed in inglorious fashion why i didn't want Neale Daniher to replace Sheeds - that's 80-90% his list that's been running around for the last two weeks. Melbourne are now where Richmond were at the end of 2004 - worst side in the comp, with most of their best players (Robbo, McDonald, Neitz, White, Yze) going, going, gone.

The best they can hope for is to emulate what Hawthorn have done since the end of 2004 - pretty much make every drafting decision a winner, hope that the kids currently on their list improve, and concoct a couple clever trades along the way.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought they would have gotten rid of Yze at the end of last year. They should just play the kids to give they some experience as it's quite obvious they aren't going to do anything this year
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

To make it even worse for Melbourne they play Geelong at Geelong next week.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robrulz5 wrote:I thought they would have gotten rid of Yze at the end of last year. They should just play the kids to give they some experience as it's quite obvious they aren't going to do anything this year
Funny thing is Rob, they did actually clean out quite aggressively last year - Johnstone, N Brown, Ward, Godfrey, Pickett and Bizzell were all pushed out the door. That's a lot of experience to axe in one year. The fact they've still got quite a backlog of experienced players who are no longer cutting it shows how big the backlog was entering the 2007 season.

If anything, i think Neitz should've gone as well, rather than Yze. He's the oldest player on their list and it was clear that his body was falling apart last year (knees particularly), and he's done nothing in his first two games to suggest that him playing on was the right call.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

robrulz5 wrote:To make it even worse for Melbourne they play Geelong at Geelong next week.
Jesus, that might even be worse than the Richmond vs Geelong massacre.
Last edited by KaaN10 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.