Anzac Day Clash: Essendon vs Collingwood Preview

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Anzac Day Clash: Essendon vs Collingwood Preview

Post by Crazyman »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:if it is wet on Saturday arvo... will that be to our advantage or Coll?
Unfortunately Mrs Merc, I think it will be the Filth's advantage...it will a) slow down the game taking away our run and b) make our turnover and handling errors even more glaring...If it stays dry and the team can produce something close to what we did against the Scum, we are a good shot of winning...
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Knights has indicated that there will be two or three changes.

I'd like to see the following:

In: Houli, Hocking, Lonergan
Out: Skipworth (inj), Dyson, Nash

I'd keep Quinn for another week, and see how he handles the big occassion.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

So who is tipping us this week?

We will really struggle on Saturday, especially if we serve up the tripe we did last sunday.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:So who is tipping us this week?

We will really struggle on Saturday, especially if we serve up the tripe we did last sunday.
It is hard seeing us win.... but i wouldnt write the boys off just yet. We always seems to kill the Pies the second time we play them in a season so it would be nice if we could do it on Anzac Day instead. As long as it a tight contest and not a blowout like last year i will be happy!
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I reakon the wet weather only plays in Collingwoods favour in terms of our game plan which involves over using the ball. Player wise I think we have the edge. Don't think Collingwood actually have a lot of mudrunners... I only rate Swan and Pendlebury in that area the rest are downhill skiers. As for us I don't think they can stop Watson or Hille if they get going..also Lonergan and I reakon Houli would be good if he comes in for someone like McVeigh.

In these conditions we will really miss McVeigh and Welsh. They are hard, skillful and generally find a long target.