Spike's Out!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Emska
Top Up Player

Re: Spike's Out!

Post by Emska »

ealesy wrote:Jesus f****** Christ.

Over reaction much.

He f***** up, he f***** up royally, we know it, the club knows and he sure as f*** knows.

Talk about him being Essendon's Barry Hall or that he lost his desire and wants to go to GC17 is complete an utter crap!!

He has had a shit season ruined by injured and then a stupid suspension, he probably went out Sunday night to blow of some stem and tom deal with some of the frustration that would obviously be building up for him because he hasn't been able to get on the ground. Obviously he took it too far and is now paying the consequences, but for people to change their opinion on him so drastically (from I thought he bled red and black to maybe he wants out and to go to the Gold Coast) is nothing short of laughable.

He has cuked up, he has damaged his standing at the club, the playing group and coaching staff well have lost some of their respect for him, but one thing I know about Mark McVeigh, he ain't no Brendon Fevola type, who would crack the sads if he had be discplined in such a way.

He will come back breathing fire and busting his absolute gut to get the team into the finals and win back some of the respect he has lost.

So can we put all the half baked comparisons and conspiracy theories to rest?
About him being our Barry Hall, no way Jose. Not yet anyway. I certinaly hope it doesn't come to that.
For he's a jolly good fellow, (Scotty!)
For he's a jolly good fellow. (Scotty!)
For he's a jolly good fellow, (Scotty!)
Which no one can deny. (Essendon!!)
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

The guy is 27 or 28 - not 17 or 18.

It was a selfish, stupid action and the consequences will be far reaching:

1/ - Spike aint gunna be captain any time soon. But his performance for the next 9 or more weeks will be outstanding........or else.

2/ - Matthew Knights has turned the screw another rotation - no one is getting his job any time soon - his response was exemplary =D>

3/ - Everyone on the list - and more particularly the kids - have tangible standards and benchmarks to work with. This football club will not, and does not, tolerate dick-heads and dick-head behaviour. You wear the red and black - whether you're the Captain or a Rookie - you carry yourself with integrity and act like the role model that you are.

4/ - How hard will places in the senior 22 be now? How hard will his replacement work on Friday night? How much will our kids grow knowing that their efforts are not only recognised but rewarded because of their fine efforts and examples. You watch how F***ing hard we will be at the ball and the opposition for the rest of this season.

5- - Spike's contribution this year has been negligible. In a twist of irony - this may be his best contribution yet.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Apparently he was out on the sauce with Solly. Just a couple of lads having a catch up.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:Jesus f****** Christ.

Over reaction much.

He f***** up, he f***** up royally, we know it, the club knows and he sure as f*** knows.

Talk about him being Essendon's Barry Hall or that he lost his desire and wants to go to GC17 is complete an utter crap!!

He has had a shit season ruined by injured and then a stupid suspension, he probably went out Sunday night to blow of some stem and tom deal with some of the frustration that would obviously be building up for him because he hasn't been able to get on the ground. Obviously he took it too far and is now paying the consequences, but for people to change their opinion on him so drastically (from I thought he bled red and black to maybe he wants out and to go to the Gold Coast) is nothing short of laughable.

He has cuked up, he has damaged his standing at the club, the playing group and coaching staff well have lost some of their respect for him, but one thing I know about Mark McVeigh, he ain't no Brendon Fevola type, who would crack the sads if he had be discplined in such a way.

He will come back breathing fire and busting his absolute gut to get the team into the finals and win back some of the respect he has lost.

So can we put all the half baked comparisons and conspiracy theories to rest?
At least Barry has an excuse, he is a brainless dimwit, but McVeigh should know better which makes his brain snaps even worse.

What he has done to his teammates is exactly what Barry Hall does to his - lets them down when he is most needed

Sorry, its an apt comparison
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

What I dont get is that yes he might have wanted to catch up with Solly for a few but he does that with the full knowledge that there is a training session on Monday ? After his brain snap suspension being served and the injury to Jobe, he was virtually the instant inclusion. How could he be out on the turps to the extent that he was incapable of training. I think if you are a professional footballer and you have to attend training sessions in a week that is arguably the biggest home and away game of the season, you make sure you are cherry ripe.

I basically dont get it ! He better get his mind right from now on in.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

reimers_37 wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... public_rss

the article above reveals that it was dean soloman who was spikes bad influence!
geez i luv solly but honestly dont take yor m8 out drinkin wen his got training the nxt morning!
also spike shuld have known way better!
Last time I checked, Spike was big enough and old enough to make decisions for himself.

Don't go blaming Solly for what was a piece of poor decision making by Spike.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
reimers_37
Top Up Player

Post by reimers_37 »

swoodley wrote:
reimers_37 wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... public_rss

the article above reveals that it was dean soloman who was spikes bad influence!
geez i luv solly but honestly dont take yor m8 out drinkin wen his got training the nxt morning!
also spike shuld have known way better!
Last time I checked, Spike was big enough and old enough to make decisions for himself.

Don't go blaming Solly for what was a piece of poor decision making by Spike.
yeah, spikes only got himself 2 blame 4 the incident.
all i'm saying is that solly arranged 2 spend an extra day in melbourne so they culd catch up, and is obviously a bad influence on spike being able 2 convince him 2 go out drinkin all night.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

In a bizarre twist of fate, Freo have also suspended Dean Solomon for the episode.

WTF?

Freo granted him an extra day in Melb, he boarded the plane as scheduled, and turned up to Freo on time :? :? :?
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:In a bizarre twist of fate, Freo have also suspended Dean Solomon for the episode.

WTF?

Freo granted him an extra day in Melb, he boarded the plane as scheduled, and turned up to Freo on time :? :? :?
They've also confirmed that Solly hadn't been pissed or done anything wrong.

Totally ridiculous overreaction by Harvey #-o
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:In a bizarre twist of fate, Freo have also suspended Dean Solomon for the episode.

WTF?

They've also confirmed that Solly hadn't been pissed or done anything wrong.

Totally ridiculous overreaction by Harvey #-o
FMD!

What on earth is going on? Image
Essendunny
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Blame Kevin 0.07!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Agreed Swood.But NO Reason why he shouldn't play for PERTH this week.We sure could do with his Experience if Only for a Week.JOHNNO was FANTASTIC for us,for just 3 games last year.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

There are rumours starting to surface which state that Spike and Solly were not alone at the Star Hotel and that Sammy Lonegan was there also with his girlfriend. It appears that when Sam and his girlfriend left, she was driving and they hit a parked car. They then did a runner. She later when to the cops and spilt the beans. Possibly others where at the pub also.

Only rumours at this stage but doesn't look to good. More to follow.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

rockhole wrote:There are rumours starting to surface which state that Spike and Solly were not alone at the Star Hotel and that Sammy Lonegan was there also with his girlfriend. It appears that when Sam and his girlfriend left, she was driving and they hit a parked car. They then did a runner. She later when to the cops and spilt the beans. Possibly others where at the pub also.

Any source on this? Haven't heard it anywhere else, even on BB.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Only word of mouth at this stage, so not prepared to state as gospel. Comes from close sources.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

From BB

"There is a rumour floating around that another EFC player was there as well, and that there was an incident involving his car on the way home. Anyone else heard this?

Nlot saying that's its true, I'm sure its probably bullshit, but just wondering whether anyone else had heard the same thing, or where the rumour is coming from. "
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

rockhole wrote:From BB

"There is a rumour floating around that another EFC player was there as well, and that there was an incident involving his car on the way home. Anyone else heard this?

Nlot saying that's its true, I'm sure its probably bullshit, but just wondering whether anyone else had heard the same thing, or where the rumour is coming from. "
This might be the key part of that sentence!

I'd be interested to know any more details Rocky.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/mc ... 34918.html
"I got caught up with a teammate, an ex-teammate, and did the wrong thing."
Slip of the tongue or adding substance to the rumour?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

rockhole wrote:There are rumours starting to surface which state that Spike and Solly were not alone at the Star Hotel and that Sammy Lonegan was there also with his girlfriend. It appears that when Sam and his girlfriend left, she was driving and they hit a parked car. They then did a runner. She later when to the cops and spilt the beans. Possibly others where at the pub also.

Was she driving his car?

How many kids do we have from Tasmania? Reason being, there was a Suburu with Tassie plates in the players parking lot where McVeigh was ambushed by Hutchy last night.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Lonegan, Bellchambers, Laycock are all Tassie boys. Laycock and Lonegan have well and truely been over there long enough to change plates so my money is on Bellchambers - did it have provisional plates up? :mrgreen:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.