Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lloyd

Post by grassy1 »

OK Ben,have it your way.He leaves,KICKS A BAG Elsewhere,we FLOUNDER in the meantime,because NEAGLE can't get the Job done,.......KNIGHT has NO ONE to FALL BACK ON,including MATHEW LLOYD.Opposition fans won't only be doing this when they see us,....... :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= They'll also be doing this,........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: after treating him like SHIT and having it BLOW UP in our Face.

I'm POINTING THE FINGER ALREADY if that's what KNIGHTS wants! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if Lloyd goes to another club ill be deeply disappointed in Lloyd and truly gutted!!! simple as that. this is a terrible position Essendon and everything associated with Essendon is facing
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Question. If Lloyd does go and play elsewhere, do we put Fletch on him???
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Crazyman wrote:Question. If Lloyd does go and play elsewhere, do we put Fletch on him???
oh god didn't even think about that :shock: id say pears but Fletcher would be better for Lloyd making leads....
Kakadu Kangaroos
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:if Lloyd goes to another club ill be deeply disappointed in Lloyd and truly gutted!!! simple as that. this is a terrible position Essendon and everything associated with Essendon is facing
I would hate seeing Lloydy in any other colours but red and black.... i would also be very disappointed in him as well. Surely he knows he is past his best and should put the club before the individual. I would be kinda disappointed in Knighta as well, he has sort of pushed Lucas and now it seems Lloyd out the door, they has to be some respect given to these older players, whether they are seemingly past it or not.

I just want a decision to be made sooner rather than later.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I reckon Lloydy will play on. He will play as the third tall and be comfortable with that. Lloyd played a fair bit of this year at FF and was quite ordinary, and played a fair bit of last year as a HFF and came 2nd in the B&F. Next year, he will play deeper and take probably the 2nd defender and chip in with 2-3 goals a game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:I reckon Lloydy will play on. He will play as the third tall and be comfortable with that. Lloyd played a fair bit of this year at FF and was quite ordinary, and played a fair bit of last year as a HFF and came 2nd in the B&F. Next year, he will play deeper and take probably the 2nd defender and chip in with 2-3 goals a game.
I wish i had your optimism Rosso! :D
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:if Lloyd goes to another club ill be deeply disappointed in Lloyd and truly gutted!!! simple as that. this is a terrible position Essendon and everything associated with Essendon is facing
I would hate seeing Lloydy in any other colours but red and black.... i would also be very disappointed in him as well. Surely he knows he is past his best and should put the club before the individual. I would be kinda disappointed in Knighta as well, he has sort of pushed Lucas and now it seems Lloyd out the door, they has to be some respect given to these older players, whether they are seemingly past it or not.

Harsh call Mrs M...Scotty said that he knew early to mid season that he was finished so I don't think that any blame should be apportioned to Knights. As for Lloyd, Knights has told him he wants him to play on but has (correctly & honestly) told him that it won't be as full forward. If Lloyd goes, it will his decision.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Lloyd won't play for another club. It'll be us or no one.

He could with dignity finish his career with EFC, add to his 270 games and be loved no matter what by all and sundry at Bomberland and be a one club player.

Or risk on the CV as having played 270 games with Essendon plus 10 or so games with whoever FC and potentially finishing his stellar career with a crappy year at a strange club getting bagged by us and them.

He's worrying about an inglorious finish, it won't happen here at EFC and let me tell you and I reckon he knows that too.

If he's not wearing red and black he'll be wearing a mic and a suit sitting next to Denis Cometti on 7 or Jason Dunstall on Fox or even Robert Walls on 10.
Last edited by bombercol on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:OK Ben,have it your way.He leaves,KICKS A BAG Elsewhere,we FLOUNDER in the meantime,because NEAGLE can't get the Job done,.......KNIGHT has NO ONE to FALL BACK ON,including MATHEW LLOYD.Opposition fans won't only be doing this when they see us,....... :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= They'll also be doing this,........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: after treating him like SHIT and having it BLOW UP in our Face.

I'm POINTING THE FINGER ALREADY if that's what KNIGHTS wants! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Treating him like shit is to say "you are a required player and we have a specific role for you" :?:

If Lloyd leaves it is because he can't hack it. He can't hack the thought of playing 2nd fiddle. During his captaincy, he ruled the roost with an iron fist - demanding strong discipline from his players. If only this strong minded ethic extended to embracing the future of the club and its cause.

I'm just curious to know one thing. Last year Lloyd was copping plenty of flak halfway through the season. There was a fair bit of media speculation that he was "finished". After the split round, Knights had Lloyd playing a different role where he roamed in between the two 50 metre arcs and then drifted deep. This released him from the No.1 defender and he was suddenly playing on guys who were no match for him (height wise or strength wise). It resulted in him having an extremely strong finish to the year. Lloyd seemed rejuvenated, and a more dangerous player than what he was suddenly becoming. Finished 2nd in the best & fairest - and he WASN'T PLAYING FULL FORWARD.

So he has the ability to play further up the ground - as last year proves. So why can't he accept a similar role for next year?

FFS, we made the finals this year with very little assistance from ANY of our senior blokes. Imagine if they all lifted a cog next year! Lloyd should be looking for the team to make next year more successful - even if it means he plays further up the ground. IMO, he would be abandoning his young team mates just because he can't get his way. And that is a very poor example to be setting a young list - especially when you are still club captain.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

swoodley wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Harsh call Mrs M...Scotty said that he knew early to mid season that he was finished so I don't think that any blame should be apportioned to Knights. As for Lloyd, Knights has told him he wants him to play on but has (correctly & honestly) told him that it won't be as full forward. If Lloyd goes, it will his decision.
Yeh i guess i was a little harsh.... im just sick of this whole circus surrounding Lloydy and will he stay will he go..... i think im a little sad that its the end of an era with no Lucas and possibly no Lloyd in our forward line. They have been there ever since i started following the Bombers. :(
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Lloyd is making unreasonable demands. Its like he cant accept that his captaincy is at an end and thinks the club must dance to his tune. As BD points out, he said he loved playing up the ground as it unleashed him from FF. Now, he is virtually demanding to play FF.

I am very disappointed with his attitude. Hird, possibly the greatest Essendon captain, knew when to hand the reins over to him. So why cant he do the same and fulfil a mentoring role. Surely thats what a true champion would do ?

I also think part of his problem is these weird outbursts he continued to make throughout his captaincy about club discipline. It always came across as a back handed swipe on Hird and the discipline problems at the club during the end of the Sheedy's era. I saw Hird outright say on "On The Couch" the best form of leadership was on the ground It came across he was never happy with Lloyd hamfisted media utterances on this subject.

He was one of the players that wanted to see the back of Sheedy and he fully embraced MK as the coach. Now he wont toe the very line he always talks about. He has to realise that the club will back the coach over any player. He is putting the club into a corner where it will have to choose between him and the coach and there can only be one answer to that one.

I will never him forgive if he leaves. It will always say to me he put himself above the club he supposedly loved.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

MH_Bomber wrote: I will never him forgive if he leaves. It will always say to me he put himself above the club he supposedly loved.
exactly!

he is saying he feels he has 2 years left in him, in turn i think he is thinking if 2010 will be a follow up act to Neagle what would 2011 be? thats maybe what he is thinking.....
Kakadu Kangaroos
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Funny a few weeks ago he was saying that if he does play on next year, it would definitely be his last year.

Now he reckons he's got 2 years left, watch out guys he is going to jump ship to whoever will play him out of the goalsquare.

Even the clubs challenging for a flag who need a key forward and would be possibly interested in Lloyd, probably wouldn't be interested in a bloke who is only going to be around 1 year.

He's gone folks, the guy is hypocritical jackass, who has just made his entire captaincy a complete joke, constantly crapping on about what is best for the team. Well you've been told what is best for the team, have crack the sads and are going to walk, to whichever club will let you get your own pathetic way.

You might have made constant swipes at Hird about his captaincy and the off field discipline issues the club supposedly had, but he will be remembered by all and sundry as an all time great of the club and a far better captain than you. If you leave you will simply further taint your own legacy, either way you will never be remembered as a great captain of this club.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

It is a disgrace that people are willing hang a champion of the club based on some extremely sketchy articles in the Herald Sun.

He is deciding his future and based on f*** and all you are questioning his integrity and commitment to this club.

From what i can see he is simply asking for more time to weigh his shit up. I would have thought he had earned that at the very least.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

If he wanted to play at Essendon, then the decision would already be made. He has been told by the coach that he wants him to play on and what his role will be.

He is deciding between retiring and moving to another club. He has said he wants more time because I'm sure his manager is putting feelers out behind the scenes to see who is interested in picking him up to play out of the goalsquare.

That is the only rational explanation as to why he has gone from if I play on next year, it will definitely be my last year, to I reckon I have at least two years of football left.
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

I thought Knights made a good point in his press conference when he said that Fletch had taken on a similar role to that being asked of Lloyd, and that he has responded graciously and enthusiastically.

Fletch has been copping stupid criticism in the press about not taking the best forward (i.e. not being the king pin key defender), but he nonethless keeps putting in magnificently. Moreover, he really is seen as the "father figure" by the young boys in the back line, who repeatedly say how much he has helped them in their development.

I might be wrong, but I don't really see Lloyd taking on this mentoring role for our young developing forwards - when was the last time you heard one of them say he was learning heaps from Lloydy? This is kind of disappointing (esp. from a captain) and consistent with his sooky line about being played out of his fav position. He should take a leaf out of Fletch's book and think more about the team (as a captain should!).
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

ealesy wrote:If he wanted to play at Essendon, then the decision would already be made. He has been told by the coach that he wants him to play on and what his role will be.

He is deciding between retiring and moving to another club. He has said he wants more time because I'm sure his manager is putting feelers out behind the scenes to see who is interested in picking him up to play out of the goalsquare.

That is the only rational explanation as to why he has gone from if I play on next year, it will definitely be my last year, to I reckon I have at least two years of football left.
The only rational explanation? there is not a single fact in it. It is all speculation.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

juff wrote:I thought Knights made a good point in his press conference when he said that Fletch had taken on a similar role to that being asked of Lloyd, and that he has responded graciously and enthusiastically.

Fletch has been copping stupid criticism in the press about not taking the best forward (i.e. not being the king pin key defender), but he nonethless keeps putting in magnificently. Moreover, he really is seen as the "father figure" by the young boys in the back line, who repeatedly say how much he has helped them in their development.

I might be wrong, but I don't really see Lloyd taking on this mentoring role for our young developing forwards - when was the last time you heard one of them say he was learning heaps from Lloydy? This is kind of disappointing (esp. from a captain) and consistent with his sooky line about being played out of his fav position. He should take a leaf out of Fletch's book and think more about the team (as a captain should!).
You mean as he has done the past 2 years?
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

juff wrote:I thought Knights made a good point in his press conference when he said that Fletch had taken on a similar role to that being asked of Lloyd, and that he has responded graciously and enthusiastically.

Right, because he has come out and said that :roll:

As Sismis said, it's all speculation and I look forward to an official announcement so we can end all of it.