Official: Lovett GAWN. Burgoyne?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Official: Lovett GAWN. Burgoyne?

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:Jetta is looking for a house in melbourne so I don't think he is planning to leave there...his manager has been talking to other clubs though (source...one of his aunties who I work with)
So what's he been living in the past 3 years?
that is such a leading question?

so I'll answer it...he's been living in a house but it's gone missing and he's trying to find it :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He obviously left his heart there
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:Jetta is looking for a house in melbourne so I don't think he is planning to leave there...his manager has been talking to other clubs though (source...one of his aunties who I work with)
So what's he been living in the past 3 years?
that is such a leading question?

so I'll answer it...he's been living in a house but it's gone missing and he's trying to find it :lol:
Think he's been living in that Samsung-Skipworth bachelor pad.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Seems that Jetta isnt going anywhere now that Lovett has walked out... he was under contract anyway.

I was watching some visions of Lovey ripping apart Carlton with some brilliant goals... i wont be able to watch him do that against us next year... :(

LEROY JETTA YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Reported today that Port want a high draft pick and an experienced player.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
LEROY JETTA YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!!
well, to a degree lovett did stand up this year, leroy has a chance to do the same if hes not going. although i hope we trade him as he still has some currency
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:Reported today that Port want a high draft pick and an experienced player.
Lovett and pick 10... is that giving them too much? Burgoyne is out of contract so they can't play too hard ball with him you'd think
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Reported today that Port want a high draft pick and an experienced player.
Lovett and pick 10... is that giving them too much? Burgoyne is out of contract so they can't play too hard ball with him you'd think
Nick Stevens.

Lovett and 10 sounds like a bit much for Burgoyne, but if we HAVE to do that, then so be it. We NEED Burgoyne to replace Lovett and we have plenty of good kids anyway. Plus this draft is supposed to be shit.

Might be worth shopping Lovett around to get a different player and pick and then trading with Port.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

First round pick and Lovett may be too much but Hawthorn have said they are willing to give their first round pick and an experienced player (Hmmm can only see them giving up Dew or Taylor)

Would want a big sweetener in return apart from Burgoyne

Cheers
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Dew has already retired so the Hawks wont be giving him back to Port...

PA cant drive too much of a hard bargain or they will lose Burgoyne to Melb for nothing. I think we should still trade Lovett to Freo for say their pick 4... then give pick 10 along with Jay Nash maybe to Port for Burgoyne.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Nick Stevens.

I'm not sure Port would want Nash that badly. He didn't play a game this year.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Expierienced player AND a draft pick? haha, those ******* bogans live in la la land.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

robrulz5 wrote:We will end up getting nothing. Lovett has said he is happy to go anywhere so anyone who wants him will let him go into the pre-season draft.
How the f*** do you figure...if a club wants him, they'll have to offer some at least approcahing his value or he will slid into the PSD here Melbourne will undoubtedly get him for nothing.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Can't remember where I heard it, but I did hear that Lovett's attitude really wasn't much better this year, and he was still shitting the senior players off. Only this time is wasn't because he wasn't putting in, or behaving unprofessionally, it as because he was acting like king shit, spouting crap about the gameplan revolving around him and him being the most important player in the team.

We've now got a massive job to convince Burgoyne to come to us, as it appears he would prefer to go to the Hawks seeing he has told them he would be willing to play for them for $600K, whereas it has been reported he has told us and Melbourne $750K. I'd be interested to see hat the AFL has to say about this, it would seem to be some kind of manipulation of the draft/trade rules.

If he comes to us, I would say Lovett, plus 26 would be a fair deal, although I reckon Port would be after pick 10, instead of 26. It will be a question of who blinks first.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I wouldnt give Lovett and 26 for Burgoyne... either Port throw in a third rounder or something or its a straight swap.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Must admit to knowing Jack Sh#t about how the draft works.

What are the critical dates for Lovett and Burgoyne. ??

What do we need to do to get Burgoyne.??
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Lovett + #10 for Burgoyne and their 2nd rounder is fair providing that Burgoyne's medical goes alright.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

j-mac31 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
Nick Stevens.

Lovett and 10 sounds like a bit much for Burgoyne, but if we HAVE to do that, then so be it. We NEED Burgoyne to replace Lovett and we have plenty of good kids anyway. Plus this draft is supposed to be shit.

Might be worth shopping Lovett around to get a different player and pick and then trading with Port.
I like retaining draft picks, come on draft gurus, surely pick 10 is likely to still offer a player ?/. Port can't dictate the deal. Melbourne beckons, so a straight swap for Loveless would be a much better outcome than many of the possible altenatives.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I am not sure how it is all going to work out with Lovey and Burgoyne, but I posted elsewhere that we should involve Freeo who could use Lovett.

We upgrade our first pick and trade our current first pick to Port for Burgoyne...if we have to put a player on the table I would chuck Monfries in...