Andrew Lovett alleged sex charge

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Re: Andrew Lovett alleged sex charge

Post by 5Alive »

Megs... thats not very team playerish of you :P
Thanks for info tho I looked it up all by myself
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... ection=all
I bleed black with a red sash
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

No matter what happens, I am afraid to say that Andrew Lovett's football career is Gone Daddy Gone
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Yes well he has been a stuupid stuupid boy shame his actions may lead to jail time...what a waste

And with above I mean now because he has not pulled his head in he has gone too far, if he has done what we think yes rot in jail, just such a shame really :x
I bleed black with a red sash
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Will be a while before he is actually charged.

Given the nature of the crime it will eventually be heard in the County Court, hence prosecuted by the Department of Public Prosecutions not the Police, who prosecute the vast majority of matters in the Magistrates' Court.

I imagine the Police have decided they want to charge him, but given it is the DPP who will prosecute them, the coppers will have submitted a brief of evidence to the DPP, who will review the evidence and determine if the is a credible chance of the charge being proven in court. If so they will tell the coppers to charge Lovett by way of a Charge and Summons.

All in all if he is charged, and has a contested trial, it will be a good 2-3 years most likely before he sees a jail sentence if found guilty. Doubt bail would be refused. Of course if bail is refused and he is remanded in custody, he could also then spend a good 2-3 years in jail, awaiting trial, only to then be found not guilty.

Anyway, the only time this matter will be resolved anytime soon is if Lovett isn't charged, or he is charged but they are struckout/withdrawn shortly afterwards.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Being charged does not necessarily imply someone is guilty. Even so, Lovett I am sure will remain suspended pending the outcome of any trial that may take place in relation to the charges. If such a trial takes the sort of time to happen as outlined by Ealesy, then Lovett will miss so much footy that even if he is cleared, will he ever be the same player again.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

This could drag on for years?

Where does that leave the Saints - at what stage could they remove his indefinete suspension without copping too much fall out? That boy will get scragged within an inch of his life... he copped enough after the restraining order incident.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

If the reports are true and senior St Kilda players are refusing to play with him, particularly if they are their top players (Riewoldt, Goddard, Dal Santo etc) then his career at the Saints is already over.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

ealesy wrote:then his career is already over.
Ealesy, unfortunately, I think is closer to what you meant to say....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Will be a while before he is actually charged.

Given the nature of the crime it will eventually be heard in the County Court, hence prosecuted by the Department of Public Prosecutions not the Police, who prosecute the vast majority of matters in the Magistrates' Court.

I imagine the Police have decided they want to charge him, but given it is the DPP who will prosecute them, the coppers will have submitted a brief of evidence to the DPP, who will review the evidence and determine if the is a credible chance of the charge being proven in court. If so they will tell the coppers to charge Lovett by way of a Charge and Summons.

All in all if he is charged, and has a contested trial, it will be a good 2-3 years most likely before he sees a jail sentence if found guilty. Doubt bail would be refused. Of course if bail is refused and he is remanded in custody, he could also then spend a good 2-3 years in jail, awaiting trial, only to then be found not guilty.

Anyway, the only time this matter will be resolved anytime soon is if Lovett isn't charged, or he is charged but they are struckout/withdrawn shortly afterwards.
If he hires Richter he'll get off regardless of guilt/evidence, maybe at committal. :roll:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.