Commentators

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Commentators

Post by Windy_Hill »

Megan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:The first game Kelly Underwood called I tuned in after half time and had forgotten it was happening and was surprised at first.
Anyhoo, I reckon she is too nasal and my sister (16) walked in, heard a couple of seconds of her and goes: "If they were going to get a woman commentator, could they at least have got one that didn't sound so much like a bogan?"
Oh heck yes. Bogan is the word. She seems to have the brainless banter down pat but I can't get past the voice. It isn't the fact it's female - doesn't fuss me - it's the actual voice that just gets up my arse.

Its like a drill bit being pushed into the very core of your brain. I love being an Aussie but gee, our bogans do have just the most whiney, irritaing accent known to mankind. A nasally, upward inflecting abomination of the English language
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Tony Leonard is easily the best caller in football at the moment, and I can't believe no-one has mentioned him already.

Huddo is good, BT is getting better (and will get better on AW where he will be forced to tone down the bogan-ness a bit). Bruce used to be an outstanding caller but has lost his knack a bit. Special comments wise, I thought that Buckley was outstanding, Blight was insightful (sometimes), and that Healy is the best all-rounder (apart from when he is banging on about ruckmen).

The worst? Quartermain, Cometti (he has become a parody of himself now, and his performance in the final v Adelaide re Quinn was disgraceful), Walls (has made a career out of stating the bleeding obvious), Brereton, Whateley, Lane, etc etc etc.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Staggy wrote:Cometti (he has become a parody of himself now, and his performance in the final v Adelaide re Quinn was disgraceful)
I agree, Staggy. Can't understand why so many people still rate Cometti as one of the best. I reckon he is now just one cliche after another.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

billyduckworth wrote:
Staggy wrote:Cometti (he has become a parody of himself now, and his performance in the final v Adelaide re Quinn was disgraceful)
I agree, Staggy. Can't understand why so many people still rate Cometti as one of the best. I reckon he is now just one cliche after another.
To steal a line form Rod Stewart "His adlib lines are well rehersed"
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.