5 official games...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: 5 official games...

Post by Sismis »

Have a look at the third quarter V West coast. We dominated the play and had nothing happening up forward.

Stats from (http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp? ... d09a13fc83)

Scoring Shots:
WC:26 Us:23

Disposals per goal
WC:23.8 Us:32.4

Per Scoring shot:
WC:13.7 Us:15.5

Have a look at the difference when Hooker went forward. He simply presented, ran back and presented again. It was then that we started to make an impact, although the game was well and truly gone.

When our forward structure improves we will look a completely different team.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:Agets got to be up there for them score Sis :roll:
We actually had one more F50 entry than West Coast. That says we are getting it up there, but are doing jack shit once it's there - either because of poor disposal into it, or by our forwards not winning the contests. We also won the clearances - surprisingly....considering we were absolutely SMASHED in the ruck.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
We actually had one more F50 entry than West Coast. That says we are getting it up there, but are doing jack shit once it's there - either because of poor disposal into it, or by our forwards not winning the contests. We also won the clearances - surprisingly....considering we were absolutely SMASHED in the ruck.
We have a forward line that comprises two guys who have played about 17 games between them (one having been out of the game for 2 years, the other having missed the first 3 weeks and is probably just finding his bearings). We are missing the goal scoring option of Monfries and Williams is probably also trying to work out where he fits in the structure? I watched the West Coast game and when you couple the above with appaling disposal into the F50, I am not surprised we are struggling.

I think our forward line is a work in progress. However, the disposal coming into the F50 has ot be addressed and I believe the frenetic ball carry, short hand ball style is only putting pressure on the guy who ends up being the one responsible for kicking to a leading forward. More often than not, he is kicking under pressure and not hitting the target
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
We have a forward line that comprises two guys who have played about 17 games between them (one having been out of the game for 2 years, the other having missed the first 3 weeks and is probably just finding his bearings). We are missing the goal scoring option of Monfries and Williams is probably also trying to work out where he fits in the structure? I watched the West Coast game and when you couple the above with appaling disposal into the F50, I am not surprised we are struggling.

I think our forward line is a work in progress. However, the disposal coming into the F50 has ot be addressed and I believe the frenetic ball carry, short hand ball style is only putting pressure on the guy who ends up being the one responsible for kicking to a leading forward. More often than not, he is kicking under pressure and not hitting the target
We have to have faith in the 'premiership' spine :shock: