Hille must be dropped

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Hille must be dropped

Post by Rossoneri »

The rucks went well, and Hille was better in the ruck this week compared to last week. If he plays like that most games then we will win alot more games than we lose. Paddy has to be the first ruck and Hille his back up, simple. And the notion of dropping Hille for Bellchambers is one of the funniest things I have heard for a while.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:With great respect to his 4 goal haul yesterday, his role in the team is to ruck.

Again, with Paddy having a poor 1st half, we LOST the hitouts overall with 4 St Faildya mids having more than 25 touches which is what Watto had...ie the clearances.

His job, and the job Paddy did so well against the Ferals, is to feed our mids the ball. He is not doing that and that is a fact beyond argument. And I am still fuming we lost that Feral game.

4-4 is much better than 3-5 with the Tiggers next week.

Your locked in the past on this one Filth. Not even 15% of taps go to a clearence these days. Tap rucking being important has been gone for years. As long as you give a contest, and dont let the other bloke have an armchair ride it's no problem. You have to be a target around the ground or even better, dangerous up forward. With all due respect, your miles off on this one old mate.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Drop Hille... wtf, is that some sort of shit attempt at a joke?
We always look better with Hille in the team. He is no Sandilands, but he always puts in a solid effort, and is a good on field leader.

Do you reckon we would have beaten the saints if we had done what you wanted and dropped him for chook or bellchambers? f****** dreaming.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Wasn't Belly in the team that beat the saints last year?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:
Filthy wrote:With great respect to his 4 goal haul yesterday, his role in the team is to ruck.

Again, with Paddy having a poor 1st half, we LOST the hitouts overall with 4 St Faildya mids having more than 25 touches which is what Watto had...ie the clearances.

His job, and the job Paddy did so well against the Ferals, is to feed our mids the ball. He is not doing that and that is a fact beyond argument. And I am still fuming we lost that Feral game.

4-4 is much better than 3-5 with the Tiggers next week.

Your locked in the past on this one Filth. Not even 15% of taps go to a clearence these days. Tap rucking being important has been gone for years. As long as you give a contest, and dont let the other bloke have an armchair ride it's no problem. You have to be a target around the ground or even better, dangerous up forward. With all due respect, your miles off on this one old mate.
But get just 2 or 3 taps straight to our guys for easy clearances and we can get quick, easy goals.

Not saying I disagree with you, but good tapwork can still be very handy.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Another game to rub your nose in it Filthy vingertje
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He is going alright today
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BOG at the moment....

25 possies... 14 marks and 3 goals!! vingertje
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Gimps wrote:Another game to rub your nose in it Filthy vingertje

Not your best created thread here Filth.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:
nomolos wrote:

Perspective please.

The thread was created 3-4 weeks ago as a result of his shocking game against the Ferals.

It could be argued his extremely poor game cost us a win. Please refer to the ladder. A win that day would have us 8th today.....in place of the Ferals :roll:

Yes he has played very well since but if you think he didn't get some form of a rocket after the Feral game, you're all dreaming.

Whatever it was it worked.
Maybe you could start one of these threads for a few other players each week Filth (and play them back into form) :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Filthy wrote:
nomolos wrote:

Perspective please.

The thread was created 3-4 weeks ago as a result of his shocking game against the Ferals.

It could be argued his extremely poor game cost us a win. Please refer to the ladder. A win that day would have us 8th today.....in place of the Ferals :roll:

Yes he has played very well since but if you think he didn't get some form of a rocket after the Feral game, you're all dreaming.

Whatever it was it worked.
A two year contract extension. :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

That's 2 best on ground performances from Hille in a row. I think the call for him to be dropped was a bit harsh but after the Port game asking questions about his form was fair enough.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Yeah, but do you drop a player for one shit game? And can you ever blame one player for losing a game? Last I checked there were 21 other guys on the field at any one time. If one player having a bad game screws us that much, we should be taking a long, hard look at our team structure.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:Jesus H. Christ! :evil:

If it was good enough for the great Simon Madden, the best ruckman i have seen, to get dropped, sulked, arrived late and started on the bench for the 2's, at the Junction Oval one day, and if Hille plays a shocker then it was good enough for him. Simon came back and won everything under the sun except the Midfielders Award.

That he didn't, has starred in the past 2 games, shows a lot about his character.....positively.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda......sheeesh.

But Filth old boy, the fact remains, if the club had done what you asked them to do we lose to StKilda. haha, sorry mate, I couldnt help myself. :lol: