Get rid of him!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Get rid of him!

Post by j-mac31 »

Ossie wrote:Thing is though, when a bloke like Stanton does get tagged, the rest of our team does absolutely f*ck all to help him out.
Watch Ablett get tagged - Selwood, Bartel, Corey, etc etc all do little things like bumping and blocking and shepherding to help him.
None of our guys go out of their way to help Stants and that pisses me off as much as anything.
Yes Robert (Walls). :wink:

You're right though, they could help him out.
Although it's probably hard to help out when he's nowhere near the ball trying to beat his tagger in the forward line or trying to trick him by running one direction then switching to the other, but going so that the tagger can run closer to the middle of the ground and cut him off anyway.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

j-mac31 wrote:
Ossie wrote:Thing is though, when a bloke like Stanton does get tagged, the rest of our team does absolutely f*ck all to help him out.
Watch Ablett get tagged - Selwood, Bartel, Corey, etc etc all do little things like bumping and blocking and shepherding to help him.
None of our guys go out of their way to help Stants and that pisses me off as much as anything.
Yes Robert (Walls). :wink:
Now hang on a sec. There are some insults you just don't throw around between Essendon fans. #-o :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
1. Is he anymore???
Not sure. So far this year it is hard to say who is in the top 5 B&F. IMO, Watson, Hocking, Ryder, Hille, Fletcher, NLM, Davey would be ahead of him. Struggling to get any other consistent performers in there though...
2. He isn't putting in the effort required. Someone with his experience in our team and supposedly one of the top players should be leading by example. If he's in a tough situation, ie. a hard tag, play hard and try to beat the tagger. Don't spend the game whinging to the umps and starting little pushing matches with the tagger. When he does that he's beaten before the ball is even bounced.
Yes I agree with this. As a senior player (experience wise), he must work through this and contribute in some way. But even Judd can have a sook and carry on like he did on the weekend. Interestingly, while Stanton was kept quiet (or how Stanton kept Bateman quiet :lol: ), someone else had to step up and produce something similar to his run & carry. Winderlich did this on Friday night. Will he do it again next game?
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: Interestingly, while Stanton was kept quiet (or how Stanton kept Bateman quiet :lol: ), someone else had to step up and produce something similar to his run & carry. Winderlich did this on Friday night. Will he do it again next game?
I think this is a really good point - if guys like Winderlich and Prismall can do their thing as a result of Stanton taking the heat then its all good. I dont think you can realistically expect every key midfielder to have 28+ possession games - someone will have a quiet one. The good thing about the Hawthorn game was despite Stanton having a quiet game, I thought Winderlich and Prismall 'stood up' and delivered pretty strong performances. Watson also had a beauty. I would think these three guys won their duels on the night.

Good teams can still succeed even when a key mid-fielder is being tagged out of the match simply because others will fill the void
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Here's something to ponder....

The formula for compensation picks from the Gold Coast team is based on:

1. Player's age (greater weighting for younger players) - Stanton is 23 or 24
2. Club contract ranking (greater weighting for club key players) - Stanton would be in the top half dozen in terms of compensation
3. Onfield performance (greater weighting for strong B&F performances) - 4th 2006, 6th 2007, 3rd 2008, 3rd 2009
4. Initial draft position (not sure this applies) - Stanton was 1st round

If we're going to lose anyone to the Gold Coast, you'd think Stanton would be the preference from the club's perspective, no? He'd deliver similar compensation based on that model to that which Geelong would get for Ablett or Hawthorn would get for Hodge.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

andrewb wrote:Here's something to ponder....

The formula for compensation picks from the Gold Coast team is based on:

1. Player's age (greater weighting for younger players) - Stanton is 23 or 24
2. Club contract ranking (greater weighting for club key players) - Stanton would be in the top half dozen in terms of compensation
3. Onfield performance (greater weighting for strong B&F performances) - 4th 2006, 6th 2007, 3rd 2008, 3rd 2009
4. Initial draft position (not sure this applies) - Stanton was 1st round

If we're going to lose anyone to the Gold Coast, you'd think Stanton would be the preference from the club's perspective, no? He'd deliver similar compensation based on that model to that which Geelong would get for Ablett or Hawthorn would get for Hodge.
HA! If we get a 1st round pick for him that would be f****** gold (pardon the pun). I reckon he has already signed along with Campbell Brown but who knows? Also, can we use that pick in any of the next 3 drafts?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

any of the next 5 drafts
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bump
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

VERY VERY VERY ordinary again tonight.

Maybe has his mind on Gold Coast meter maids suncream and all that shit.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

He is shit...I'll stand by those words. HE IS SHIT!
It just fell out of the sky
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

another guy that i've defended but he is not only not taking the next step in his career he is infact going backwards, hard decision to trade him getting easier for mine
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

auditor wrote:He is shit...I'll stand by those words. HE IS SHIT!
What he said.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yep.. in a game where our senior midfielders needed to stand up he failed miserably.... lets hope that the GC werent watching, wouldnt want his trade value to drop too far. :P
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe him and Knights can hop on the same plane together!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!