f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: f*** off..

Post by ealesy »

Someone needs to tell Vlad to shut the f*** up.

I'm getting sick of his comments in the media the last couple of days about concerning new information that he is privy to that is not in the public domain.

If it is not in the public domain, don't go f****** mentioning anything to do with it in the public realm dickhead. Now I know it must be really hard for you to not big note yourself and make it apparent to everyone that as AFL CEO you are privy to more information about the ongoing investigations than you average punter, but please try dickhead.

Oh and if you want James Hird to stand down, surely as the AFL CEO (or at least with the backing of the AFL commission) you would have the power to make him do so, so either do that, or either at least have the balls to ask him to voluntarily stand down, instead of getting into the media and suggesting that it is an option that he might want to consider.

It is one thing for the media to engage in speculation, innuenado and character assination, it is expected from the likes of Caro, Fatprick and Ralph and co. It is not something the AFL CEO should be getting involved in.

If you are privy to facts in your role that you are not able to release, then don't going making snide, roundabout comments in the media about these apparent 'facts' you are aware of!!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

So now Vlad is calling for James Hird to stand down. What happened to innocent until proven guilty ? The gutter press of The Age have conducted a despicable character assassination campaign against James Hird and all of a sudden this.

Dank does NOT have to front ASADA BUT his allegations are plastered all over the media as if only truth spouts from this bloke's mouth. Its like the Salem witch hunts. "I saw Goody Hird dancing with the devil" cries the hysterical Wilson and the entire town believe him and calls for him to burnt at the stake with no recourse to justice.

Dank has been removed from a number of sporting clubs for untoward practices. He is clearly deflecting his own guilt onto Hird.

Even IF and that is massive IF Hird did take supplements THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL. Get a grip media rat pack and AFL.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

The CEO of the AFL says a coach should consider stepping down because you may have taken a legal substance. If you are a player though you can take illegal drugs and not get named or suspended until you are caught for the 3rd time.

Makes sense.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:Caro going all out now...

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rig ... 2hlvg.html
What do you mean "now"?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:I think James is being a bit "pig headed"

:P
Pig's arse.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

j-mac31 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:Caro going all out now...

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rig ... 2hlvg.html
What do you mean "now"?
Yes, fair point.

There is so much going through my head not sure where to start.
Anyone find it odd that you would leak a texted conversation that incriminates yourself if you are trying to say you've done nothing wrong? Dank knows that IV administration is a banned method in some contexts, why would you keep such messages on your phone - surely it would be the first thing you deleted when accusations against you started to come out?

As for Vlad, he is a media whore.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

billyduckworth wrote:For all Sam can come across as a moron, he actually did get a good education at Geelong Grammar and therefore knows basic things like "innocent until proven guilty" whereas these so-called journalists just make up rumours and (and Sam so eloquently called it) CRAP.
Sam is a bully and a pig who's stuck in the 60s, but he's not a moron.
tonysoprano wrote:now we're in trouble - bolt is on our side!
Oh no!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Just on Hird being allowed to take illegal drugs - I don't think that's entirely true. Coaches may not be subject to WADA/ASADA rules, but I think there's a thing in their contracts with the AFL that says they can't take drugs and even if there's not, I'm sure if this is proven they'll get Hird under the disrepute stuff.

But of course, this will not be proven.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I think James is being a bit "pig headed"

Pig's arse.
Did he have those injections too?

Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Caro tomorrow: "This just in: James Hird sleeps nude in an oxygen tent that he believes gives him sexual powers."

Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

but again just like the Txt's where Hirdy allegedly said "just not as good as ours !!!!" where as that doesn't sound like him to txt that.... would Hirdy actually end his emails with "Hirdy"

not sure i believe any of these are legitimate
Kakadu Kangaroos
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

Jazz_84 wrote:but again just like the Txt's where Hirdy allegedly said "just not as good as ours !!!!" where as that doesn't sound like him to txt that.... would Hirdy actually end his emails with "Hirdy"

not sure i believe any of these are legitimate

But if they are, they are very compelling in their support of a process being outlined that should protect the players

Don't be surprised if Hird signs of "Hirdy" on his emails. As I stated elsewhere, one of Jim's weaknesses is his propensity to want to be one of the lads.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

JockStraps wrote: Don't be surprised if Hird signs of "Hirdy" on his emails. As I stated elsewhere, one of Jim's weaknesses is his propensity to want to be one of the lads.
I've heard that a few times in the past 24 hours and it actually surprised me, didn't think he was that way inclined, but I guess even legends have weaknesses
Kakadu Kangaroos
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

What disturbs me about Vlad's comments in the past 24 hours is that he is clearly aware that EFC will face some sort of penalty - whether that be due to poor governance (and a hefty fine from the AFL) or whether that be for the administration of illegal substances (and the suspension of players and the loss of points) - and yet he insists that nothing will come of the AFL investigation until August......

When does the home-and-away fixture end?
What does the AFL want to protect more than anything else?

I smell a dirty big rat here my friends. Even if he doesn't know what penalty (if any) will be handed down for whatever cause - I suspect he is making damn sure that we play every game of the 22 home-and-away season- with all available players - and without the loss of premiership points - so that we remain competitive and therefore attractive as a spectator and TV commodity.

It doesn't matter if they then suspend players/coaches at the end of the season - we can rebuild for next - however we will have remained competitve and relevant throughout the current season (unlike the Melbourne Storm a couple of seasons back).

Take premiership points off us at the end of the season - if we are in the 8 then Richmond will move in from 9th and the finals will continue without a loss of revenue.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

hop wrote:What disturbs me about Vlad's comments in the past 24 hours is that he is clearly aware that EFC will face some sort of penalty - whether that be due to poor governance (and a hefty fine from the AFL) or whether that be for the administration of illegal substances (and the suspension of players and the loss of points) - and yet he insists that nothing will come of the AFL investigation until August......

When does the home-and-away fixture end?
What does the AFL want to protect more than anything else?

I smell a dirty big rat here my friends. Even if he doesn't know what penalty (if any) will be handed down for whatever cause - I suspect he is making damn sure that we play every game of the 22 home-and-away season- with all available players - and without the loss of premiership points - so that we remain competitive and therefore attractive as a spectator and TV commodity.

It doesn't matter if they then suspend players/coaches at the end of the season - we can rebuild for next - however we will have remained competitve and relevant throughout the current season (unlike the Melbourne Storm a couple of seasons back).

Take premiership points off us at the end of the season - if we are in the 8 then Richmond will move in from 9th and the finals will continue without a loss of revenue.

I don't believe the penalty will be loss of Premiership Points.

The AFL has only one avenue of prosecution, under the Bringing the Game into Disrepute. I am not sure this can be effectively supported given that there is no code of conduct preventing coaches from using banned supplements (if this is in fact what Goodwin and Hird have done). If the players have been illegally infused of LEGAL supplements, which seems to be the only case to answer for based on media reporting, then I would expect a severe fine and the introduction of clearer guidelines on IV infusion. The AFL's embarrassment here is that the have also been negligent in not addressing the issue. They apparently were aware of the Essendon Drug program last year. So why didn't they simply say to the club at the time, you know what, you better cease and desist until we sort out what is ok and what is not in regards to this issue.

Vlad is running for cover on this big time. His sycophantic praise of The Age in supporting their investigation screams of hypocrisy as they have, as the governing body of the league, failed to draw up clear guidelines. Allowing the media to apportion all blame on Essendon is simply a clever smokescreen for their own ineptitude.

I have no problem with Essendon pushing the envelope to seek a competitive edge. As long as its done within the rules. The fact that no rules seem to exist or at best, are vague, is not Essendon's fault. That fault lies with the AFL and Vlad damn well knows this.

No Essendon player has tested positive to an illegal substance. The coaching staff may be guilty of accepting Illegal substances. The club officials in Dank and Robinson may have overstepped the mark in utilizing IV infusions to a level that contradicts the spirit of the WADA/ASADA guidelines. However, this again will not cause any player to face a suspension if the substances were on the Legal List.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Barrett 5 minutes ago on Triple M.

"The media have handled this whole thing very responsibly"

Give me a mother f****** break.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

dom_105 wrote:Barrett 5 minutes ago on Triple M.

For the past two days all we have heard is the media commenting on the media making comments.

In lieu of evidence, and the 2 inquiries findings, it will remain media speculation. This is where the bottom feeders dwell.

I understand how investigative journalism works - however the pious and self-rightious posturing of many in the media is staggering and outrageous. Wilson and Smith in particular.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

hop wrote:
dom_105 wrote:Barrett 5 minutes ago on Triple M.

For the past two days all we have heard is the media commenting on the media making comments.

In lieu of evidence, and the 2 inquiries findings, it will remain media speculation. This is where the bottom feeders dwell.

I understand how investigative journalism works - however the pious and self-rightious posturing of many in the media is staggering and outrageous. Wilson and Smith in particular.

As I said before
Vlad is running for cover on this big time. His sycophantic praise of The Age in supporting their investigation screams of hypocrisy as they have, as the governing body of the league, failed to draw up clear guidelines. Allowing the media to apportion all blame on Essendon is simply a clever smokescreen for their own ineptitude.

The culprits are in arse covering mode
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:So now Vlad is calling for James Hird to stand down. What happened to innocent until proven guilty ? The gutter press of The Age have conducted a despicable character assassination campaign against James Hird and all of a sudden this.

Dank does NOT have to front ASADA BUT his allegations are plastered all over the media as if only truth spouts from this bloke's mouth. Its like the Salem witch hunts. "I saw Goody Hird dancing with the devil" cries the hysterical Wilson and the entire town believe him and calls for him to burnt at the stake with no recourse to justice.

Dank has been removed from a number of sporting clubs for untoward practices. He is clearly deflecting his own guilt onto Hird.

Even IF and that is massive IF Hird did take supplements THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL. Get a grip media rat pack and AFL.
It's fantastic isn't it. A guy refuses to cooperate with the investigators but decides to "leak" info to the media. And the public are meant to take this shit as gospel? The unfortunate problem is, most people do.

So lets see, even if Hird did take a banned WADA substance (which becomes irrelevant if he is a non player), he may face sanctions by the AFL (or be requested to stand down by the CEO). Why aren't coaches drug tested if this is the case? I mean, are all coaches who take Sudafed expected to resign? The idiocy of this competition that allows players to take illicit drugs without sanction on 3 separate occasions, and then expects a non playing coach to resign if he takes a perfectly legal substance is staggering.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Essendunny