f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: f*** off..

Post by dom_105 »

dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

If the club were to give in to the media bullshit and ask Hird to step aside, even temporary, it will be forever more a blot on the history of this club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Vlad really is a media slut. He just has to let us know that he is privy to "additional information" but of course he is not in a position to share it with us. if that is the case, keep your big fat f****** mouth shut!!

He puts his hand on his heart and pushes the innocent until proven guity line and then starts suggesting the Hirdy steps down in hardly disguised terms.

He sounds like someone who is in to some serious arse covering which suggests that maybe the AFL won't come out of this too rosy as well.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Like all wankers who claim the 'I know something you don't know!' line, he probably knows squat. He's coming across as very unprofessional with those claims.

Deadshits, the lot of them. Christ I wish this was over with already so our legal department can start f****** some shit up.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I reckon the whole thing at the moment is about CYA (cover your arse) and find a scapegoat.

At first, I think the AFL had Dank in mind as the scapegoat, but maybe his legal team have hit back very hard - threatened to sue etc., so they have had to go looking for another sacrificial lamb and the target now is Hird.

Hope Hirdy has a bloody good legal team behind him and can shut them up at the ASADA hearings next week.

Then who will they try to attack? Evans? Robson? Doc Reid? The boot strapper? Who knows!?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Hird in presser after he game, truth will come out soon and both the bombers an him will come out fine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

this is all getting very messy and this Ziggy report can't come fast enough!

But one thing is for damn sure, and that's how strong Essendon are! not in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would come out and beat Adelaide in Adelaide and then smash Melb by 148 and then to come out and do what we did last night over in the west.... WOW

letting the footy do the talking while we can't talk

and Hirdy and the EFC giving the big f*** YOU to VLAD is almost the best thing I've seen in the past 12 hours

No-one f**** with Essendon!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

billyduckworth wrote:I reckon the whole thing at the moment is about CYA (cover your arse) and find a scapegoat.

At first, I think the AFL had Dank in mind as the scapegoat, but maybe his legal team have hit back very hard - threatened to sue etc., so they have had to go looking for another sacrificial lamb and the target now is Hird.

Hope Hirdy has a bloody good legal team behind him and can shut them up at the ASADA hearings next week.

Then who will they try to attack? Evans? Robson? Doc Reid? The boot strapper? Who knows!?

I agree, it seems to me that if no one hangs the AFL will look like idiots.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Jazz_84 wrote:this is all getting very messy and this Ziggy report can't come fast enough!

But one thing is for damn sure, and that's how strong Essendon are! not in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would come out and beat Adelaide in Adelaide and then smash Melb by 148 and then to come out and do what we did last night over in the west.... WOW

letting the footy do the talking while we can't talk

and Hirdy and the EFC giving the big f*** YOU to VLAD is almost the best thing I've seen in the past 12 hours

No-one f**** with Essendon!
+1
Bring on the arrogance I say 8)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Matt Thompson wrote:
Switkowski coy on Bomber investigation

ZIGGY Switkowski won't say whether new public revelations in the Essendon supplements scandal are hindering his investigation.

The former Telstra boss has been hired by the Bombers to conduct an independent investigation into the club's governance, processes and procedures.

Switkowski's report is likely to be finalised in the next few weeks, although when contacted by AFL.com.au on Saturday he was unprepared to commit to a timeframe.

"That's really a question for the board, because I'm working on a report for the board," Switkowski said.

"We had an understanding how long it might take but not a deadline as such."

Emails reveal Hird's supplement guidelines

Essendon chairman David Evans has committed to making details of the report public and to act on its findings.

Switkowski confirmed he was following the story in the media.

"Everybody's interested obviously," he said.

"I'm reading to my surprise in the press that people are speculating."

However, Switkowski wasn't prepared to add to that speculation.

"I'm not talking to the media at all because I haven't completed my work, and every day is bringing new revelations in the media, so really I have nothing to say," he said.

Switkowski wouldn't say whether the new allegations against coach James Hird and constant media speculation were hampering his progress.

"As you can see I'm very reluctant to make comment on the process as it continues to its conclusion which is sometime into the future," he said.
Kakadu Kangaroos
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

IMO - Vlad has overseen the growth of unfettered gambling on the AFL and a massive growth of the 4th estate (there are now more AFL accredited journos than there are AFL listed players). He has overseen the loss of power in the game away from clubs and supporters to vested commercial interests.

As such he is shit scared of ongoing or sustained damage to "the brand" through feral media reporting rather than concepts of due process and natural justice. So - someone will cop a whack.

IMO - Vlad and his minions should pull in those responsible for some of the more obscene and uninformed reportage - and “gently” remind them of the obligations and conditions of their AFL media accreditation ... so at least some of the
* clairvoyant interpretations (reported as fact) of privileged and professionally confidential lawyer/client or doctor/patient conversations/advice/ medical records are not breathlessly reported; and
* the reportage as fact of hypotheticals and possible outcomes or consequences if worst case scenarios or culpable guilt was the ultimate outcome (such as if x occurs then y is possible and z could be the punishment – typically under a guilty as hell by-line).

I’m with Mark Finey on this one – there are some aggressive journos with agendas and a few of these are behaving like rabid dogs.

Cheers – s’d
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Samantha Lane will be the next Caro. What a f****** cock sucking whore. Great to see Darcey, Ling and Richo give her a serve in the pre game for Geelong v Carlton. Darcey and BT put it to her that Asada needs to be looked at in respect to their process and capacity - she had the idiocy to say "we have to believe Asada it's all we've got". How bout the truth you rank mole - go and find it instead if making it up.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

According to Caro on Offsiders the fact that Hird and Goodwin have engaged QCs separate to the club's QC is some kind of indicator of guilt.
More sensationalist muck racking.
I would have thought the fact they could face individual sanctions, separate to any sanction on the club, is the reason they have engaged a QC. The club's QC is engaged to look after the interests of EFC, not James Hird, Simon Goodwin or any other individual.
So rather than an admission of guilt, it is sensible and prudent that the individuals involved engage their own QC.
Not a legal expert and happy to be contradicted....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think it would be wise to ignore the pile of steaming shit until the investigation is completed and we have a verdict.

I'm pretty sure we're going to cop a whack. It's a matter of how severe.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

tonysoprano wrote:Samantha Lane will be the next Caro. What a f****** cock sucking whore. Great to see Darcey, Ling and Richo give her a serve in the pre game for Geelong v Carlton. Darcey and BT put it to her that Asada needs to be looked at in respect to their process and capacity - she had the idiocy to say "we have to believe Asada it's all we've got". How bout the truth you rank mole - go and find it instead if making it up.
Why did 7 hire her in the first place? She adds nothing whatsoever to their coverage.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

This is not about spreading rumour(plenty in it), but more trying to understand the start of the WADA, ACC, Gov witch hunt.

Fact: Use of HGH Peptides are widespread in sport, reason being is that the tests to detect them are very very expensive and open to legal challenge.

Rumour: The tests only usually get applied at major international sporting events like the Olympics or World Championships by WADA, it is just not financially viable otherwise.

Rumour: A certain squeaky clean pin up sportsperson for Australian international sport, sporting legend one might say, was caught testing positive to a HGH peptide. Said sportsperson was given the opportunity to 'retire' for 2 years instead of competing in order to protect the image of the sport and ensure government sponsored stuff ups were cleared up.

Rumour: Said sportsperson has since returned post 'retirement'.

Rumour: WADA/ASADA as a condition of this rather big f#4k up, asked Australian sporting authorities to clean up their backyard so above scenario does not happen again - evidence of prevention rather than detection, ie what risk/auditors do all the time. Canberra of course has done so

Fact: They (Govt) went looking outside their domain and found evidence @ the AFL, NRL and A-league.(ie the paid professional sports)

All this has occured in the last 4 years and it has just came to a head publicly now that our amatuers(read government funded athletes) have sorted themselves out so their reputation remains squeaky clean.

Anyone else out there here similar things in their sporting/social/professional etc circles, or is what I am hearing complete BS and perhaps just coincidence. Not finger pointing...just joining the dots?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Fatprick said yesterday that Hird should have stood down to give Essendon "some clear air".

Surely him standing down would do the opposite?

They'd still be writing about him and the club; there'd be scrutiny on his replacement; players and coaches would still be asked about Hird, but then also about his absence and his replacement. Not to mention it could f*** with our results.

Idiot.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Hirdy HAS to be the coach until this thing has been seen through to at the very least, regardless of onfield performance. Even if he has to hand a lot of match day responsibility over to others to help reduce the stress.

He has to be there for the players.

Has everyone(ie knuckleheads in the public domain like fatprick, caro, vlad etc) forgotten that its the players careers that are on the line?

Essendon will continue.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Patrick also slammed the EFC fans for sticking by the club, he has done this before aswell, clearly a man of zero integrity and loyalty

he means nothing
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I've never seen back peddling like this before.... WOW
Neil Cordy wrote:

AFL chief Andrew Demetriou backs James Hird's handling of Essendon drug investigation

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou says James Hird is innocent until proven guilty. Picture: Tony Gough Herald Sun

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou has refuted reports he called for James Hird to step aside from his position as coach of Essendon while the ASADA investigation continued.

Speaking at a sponsors lunch for the GWS Giants in Sydney today, Demetriou declared Hird is doing the right thing by not commenting about his conduct in the media.

"What I said was James Hird when he was going through his thought process I'm sure that (stepping aside from his coaching job) is one of the things he's considering, that's exactly what I said,'' Demetriou said.

"I didn't call for him to stand down at all.

"I don't think he should at all put it (his case) in the public forum, he's absolutely doing the most appropriate that he's responding to the investigation in accordance with the process of the investigation."

Demetriou also said Hird and the Essendon Football Club are entitled to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty.

"He's entitled to go through that process,'' Demetriou said.

"I don't get it when a media outlet says when they put 17 questions and he refuses to answer them why they think he should answer those questions from the media.

"They're not investigating him, he's being investigated by ASADA.

"He is entitled as an individual to the presumption of innocence, something we should all hold very sacred in this country.

While the Essendon coach may be suffering badly in the court of public opinion, the AFL CEO said it had no bearing on the ASADA investigation.

"I don't think the court of public opinion matters at all in this instance because it's a serious issue,'' Demetriou said.

"He's being investigated as part of the Essendon Football Club and he, like several other people and the players included, will be interviewed by ASADA and they may be interviewed again.

"But we have to let that process run it's course so we are all better informed.

"I am no more informed about the progress, I haven't even had a briefing about what happened in his interview the other day.

"ASADA are leading the investigation it'll take time I know people want it done expeditiously, but these things do take time."
Kakadu Kangaroos