f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by Sismis »

Highly experimental and also a known anabolic effect on muscles.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Regardless of what went into the arms of our our players.

I think its ridiculous that the AFL/ASADA want to/need to try and throw 34 players under a bus to try and ping a suspect sports scientist.

Nothing submitted to public scrutiny suggests this was one footballer or a club actively going to seek out banned PEDs.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:I hope we appeal on the off chance we win and then wipe those smirks off the faces of Fat Boy and his clone from the AFL.

On a more rational basis, if we appeal and win, what in fact do we win??
Nothing
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

That's not necessarily true. It all seems to go down to the discretionary powers. The judges could potentially rule that the body must "wipe from memory" the entire investigation which would mean they must start again from scratch. Middleton advised that even if he had ruled in Essendons favor he would not have used this, but it is still an option if we are succesful in appeal.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Matthews also called for Goodes to retire. Maybe it's just his thing at the moment.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:Nobody brought more disrespect to the game than Mathews. (Neville Bruns says Hi!!)
I think "Clarko" gets off very lightly in comparison for his hit on Aitken.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

FWIW I don't think Hird has to go if players - especially those now at other clubs - take deal, particularly if they're stupid enough to do it now before they see the evidence.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

j-mac31 wrote:FWIW I don't think Hird has to go if players - especially those now at other clubs - take deal, particularly if they're stupid enough to do it now before they see the evidence.
Yeah, it would be odd if the players wanted to bring everything to a head so they could move on from a sitution that they had no hand in creating and focus on playing football.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
rockhole wrote:I hope we appeal on the off chance we win and then wipe those smirks off the faces of Fat Boy and his clone from the AFL.

On a more rational basis, if we appeal and win, what in fact do we win??
Nothing
Vindication
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

LIE SERUM springs to mind with Vlad,Ben. :lol:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mass exodus from 3AW ... doesn't nobody want to work with Caro? Clearly she must take responsibility!!!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 0nmoe.html

BT, Matthews, Ling, Sheahan and Richardson gawn!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11613 ... ped-policy

It seems things work differently in the NFL!
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

gringo wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11613 ... ped-policy

It seems things work differently in the NFL!

Yep, I know that Major League Baseball and the NFL administer their own anti-doping programs and have zero involvement with USADA or WADA.

I assume it is the same with the NBA and NHL.

A first offence in the MLB will get you a 50 game suspension (162 game regular season), so under a third of a season.

A first offence in the NFL will get you a 4 game suspension (17 game regular season) so just under a quarter of a season.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I assume that by 'offence' they mean actual proof that something was taken, imagine running things that way before branding people as criminals.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

bomberdonnie wrote:I assume that by 'offence' they mean actual proof that something was taken, imagine running things that way before branding people as criminals.
It seems the NFL requires players to inject PEDs into their eyeballs in front of them before they receive a 4 game suspension. It's a slightly different standard of proof than that which ASADA requires.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

gringo wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:I assume that by 'offence' they mean actual proof that something was taken, imagine running things that way before branding people as criminals.
It seems the NFL requires players to inject PEDs into their eyeballs in front of them before they receive a 4 game suspension. It's a slightly different standard of proof than that which ASADA requires.
Something in the middle would be nice.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

This could muddy the waters for us... The Australian
1/ 10/ 14

THE World Anti-Doping Agency has issued a stinging rebuke of ASADA and the Australian government, declaring they alone were responsible for the inordinate delays in the investigation that led to 12 past and present Cronulla players receiving backdated suspensions over the NRL supplement scandal.

WADA also made it clear it was not happy with the process that led to the players being offered 12-month bans, but had elected not to appeal because to do so would not advance the fight against doping in any meaningful way.

The review of the ASADA bans, which was handed down by WADA yesterday, could yet have implications for Essendon players at the centre of the corresponding investigation in the AFL. Like the NRL players, they are expected to be offered backdated deals soon.

While the AFL matter continues, WADA’s decision not to appeal the NRL bans effectively brings an end to the long-running saga in that code. The players who were suspended, including Cronulla and NSW captain Paul Gallen, are due to return on November 22. It also exonerates the players of any blame for the lengthy delays in the process.

“Any lingering doubt people may harbour that the delays in this lengthy process are attributable to the players can finally be put to bed,” said lawyer Richard Redman, who represented the vast majority of the Cronulla players.

“The international body that monitors these matters … has reviewed the case and confirmed where the delays occurred, and it’s not with the players.”

Andrew Coleman SC, appointed to act on behalf of the players by the rugby league players association, added: “Any previous suggestion or reports that delays in the investigation were due to the players not fully cooperating with ASADA should now be seen for what they were: baseless, uninformed and unfair speculation. Coupled with the findings by ASADA and the NRL that the players were duped and misled, the WADA statement further illustrates how the players are the real victims in this saga.”

A dozen past and present Cronulla players reached an agreement with ASADA in late August which resulted in them being given one-year bans backdated to November 21 last year in relation to the supplement program run by sports scientist Stephen Dank at the Sharks in 2011.

WADA has now officially rubber-stamped those suspensions, albeit reluctantly.

WADA said the full scrutiny of the ASADA file revealed that the “number of delays were directly the result of the lack of activity or decision by either ASADA or the Australian government”.

WADA noted nothing was done for many months by ASADA to move the matter along following the completion of the ASADA investigation in November 2013. WADA also noted that the government had decided to appoint retired judge Garry Downes to review the ASADA files.

“It took some months for Downes to complete his task in early April 2014,” WADA said.

“There is no explanation for the continued inaction from ASADA following the receipt of the Downes report in April 2014 until steps were formally taken by ASADA in August 2014.”

ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt acknowledged the delays but it is understood some of those, in particular the time between the handing down of the Downes report and steps taken by ASADA in August, were related to the Essendon legal action.

“The legal advice that I had as the CEO was that it would not be wise to initiate new or additional action against players from either code pending the outcome of the Federal Court case,” McDevitt said. “I took that advice and following the Federal Court hearing where the relevant matters were aired, I again sought legal advice as to pursuing the Cronulla matters and at that stage determined to proceed against Cronulla.

“Subsequently within a week of that court hearing I issued show cause notices against Cronulla.”
It just fell out of the sky
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They are outraged and dissatisfied with ASADA's investigation and penalty, yet, they will not appeal it. What a useless, clueless piece of shit establishment it is.

Interesting to see the other players who refused the deals have yet to be judged. What's taking so long? I would have thought those players had 10 days to respond to the SCN's and ASADA would put them on the register of findings (depending on the players response).

WELL????????????????????
Essendunny
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

BenDoolan wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They are outraged and dissatisfied with ASADA's investigation and penalty, yet, they will not appeal it. What a useless, clueless piece of shit establishment it is.

Interesting to see the other players who refused the deals have yet to be judged. What's taking so long? I would have thought those players had 10 days to respond to the SCN's and ASADA would put them on the register of findings (depending on the players response).

WELL????????????????????

Totally agree Ben
It just fell out of the sky
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

My favourite part of WADA's release is where they acknowledge that not only did things move slowly, but that it appears at times absolutely zero was being done for months. Hilarious.

Assuming ASADA spent most of that time in meetings trying to work out how to cover their arses and get out of this, which is what they're now engaged with full time.
With WADA accepting the backdating of NRL penalties, and the AFL saga still dragging on....does that pretty much mean Essendon players will be in a position to accept a fully backdated penalty? (Which they still shouldn't do, but it would add to the comical hilarity of it all).
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives