f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
mdso
Club Captain

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by mdso »

tonysoprano wrote:From the Age...if true, good bye James. What a f****** disaster.

Resolute, but now alone in his legal fight against the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, James Hird will challenge the Federal Court ruling that Essendon Football Club also considered appealing but resolved to accept.

Hird has issued the instruction to his legal counsel and formalised the decision to continue his already costly legal battle ahead of Essendon's best and fairest count on Wednesday morning.

While not unexpected - both Hird and Essendon were advised by their respective lawyers 12 days ago that they had compelling grounds to challenge an adverse finding from Justice James Middleton - Hird has confirmed his position since returning home this week from a short trip abroad to continue the business studies he commenced while serving a league-imposed 12-month suspension from coaching.

The coach and club had until October 10 to declare whether they would appeal the finding that Justice Middleton announced on September 19 and Hird's latest high stakes legal move will only further isolate him from detractors, and once again places him directly at odds with the AFL's hierarchy.

Only on grand final day, chairman of the AFL Commission, Mike Fitzpatrick, characterised ASADA's recent victory in the Federal Court over Essendon and one of the club's icons as a victory for the code.

While Hird promptly departed for America after Justice Middleton's judgement – the trip was pre-arranged and meant he was not in Melbourne for any AFL-related activity during grand final week – he continued taking legal advice from abroad.

Before formalising his appeal, Hird had been awaiting a decision from Essendon's board about whether the club would also challenge the Federal Court ruling. Fairfax Media revealed on Wednesday that Essendon was not prepared to continue its fight against ASADA - a decision that chairman Paul Little said would be made by the club's board.

Hird and Essendon have already spent a small fortune to argue that ASADA's investigation last year into the supplements program run at the AFL club in 2011/12 was unlawful, and should therefore be rendered invalid.

Justice Middleton could not have dismissed the Hird-Essendon argument more categorically, however, when he announced his judgement a fortnight ago.

The ruling also contained a glowing endorsement of ASADA's former CEO, Aurora Andruska.

Hird is entitled to go it alone in a Federal Court challenge given his legal action against ASADA was made independently of Essendon, even if it became an exercise conducted jointly by the parties.

ASADA has alleged 34 past and present Essendon players used banned drug thymosin beta-4 when they participated in the Bombers supplements program in 2012.

While the players have received show cause notices from the anti-doping agency, there was an agreement with authorities that this crucial aspect of the anti-doping proceedings would be stalled while Hird and Essendon contested the validity of ASADA's investigation into the club.

Hird has not received a show cause notice from ASADA and in August last year gained a contract extension from Essendon at the same time the AFL issued the coach with a 12-month suspension over matters that remain the subject of an unprecedented anti-doping investigation.

With Hird increasingly on the outer, however, this latest decision will do nothing to allay his critics. In the aftermath of Saturday's grand final, football legend Leigh Matthews said Hird should step aside as senior coach; a position he officially resumed last month. Matthews said Hird should "fall on his own sword" and argued that Essendon, already damaged immensely by the scandal that is unresolved after 20 months, needed a "fresh start".

"It's not about guilt, or right or wrong," Matthews, who is also a board member at the Brisbane Lions, said in calling for Hird to stand aside.

"I was supportive of the position of the senior coach 12 months ago, but I think now it needs a fresh start."

AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick addressed the saga on grand final day before an audience of influential guests.

"A cloud that has hung over our game – most unfairly in my view – was conclusively dispersed by a Federal Court judgment in favour of the processes employed by ASADA in the Essendon supplements case," he said.

Former AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou, who was replaced mid-season, also said in the lead up to the grand final that the Federal Court verdict left him feeling personally "vindicated" that his conduct had been proper.

"I can't think of anyone at the AFL who has ever injected any player," Demetriou said last Monday.

"This is not about the AFL or about ASADA, it's about what took place at the Essendon Football Club."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... z3Esaycz6p
I wish some one would inject him with Nembutal = vindicated.
Last edited by mdso on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Not sure what it's like in Melbourne, but at least one good thing has come from the end of this season…
No more footy shows for Barrett, Carowhine & Co. to come out with the latest 'breaking' news (or should that be wind?)…
f*** me I will be glad when this is all over and done with…
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'd like to see Mike Fitzpatrick at my local Fight Club. I'd go Edward Norton on Jared Leto-style on his a***!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Crazyman wrote:Not sure what it's like in Melbourne, but at least one good thing has come from the end of this season…
No more footy shows for Barrett, Carowhine & Co. to come out with the latest 'breaking' news (or should that be wind?)…
You've spoken to soon. Fat c*** Hutchy has already said there will probably be a Footy Classified special tonight.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gyoza wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Not sure what it's like in Melbourne, but at least one good thing has come from the end of this season…
You've spoken to soon. Fat c*** Hutchy has already said there will probably be a Footy Classified special tonight.
Serious?

These c**** live off this story. They will make it run for 5 years if they have to. Parasitic.

Then the hypocritical f***-wits will say "when will it end?" or "we're sick of hearing about it!"

These c**** should be shot.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gyoza wrote:
Serious?

These c**** live off this story. They will make it run for 5 years if they have to. Parasitic.

Then the hypocritical f***-wits will say "when will it end?" or "we're sick of hearing about it!"

These c**** should be shot.
Yeah just confirmed. f****** parasites. If that shit will be on, I hope Fox Footy will run with something too so it can at least be evened up somewhat.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

So as things stand right this moment...

Hird may or may not be sacked today

Hird may or may not stand down or resign today

One of these scenarios might occur in the future if they don't occur today.

There is one undeniable fact in play at the moment, and that is that Caroline Wilson is a complete mole.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Who won the premiership?

Who won each clubs B&F?

dead set you'd think they would have enough to talk about at the moment....
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

"I can't think of anyone at the AFL who has ever injected any player," Demetriou said last Monday
Ummm ... maybe you should ask Dean Cox there Vlad and pull your head out!

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

ealesy wrote:So as things stand right this moment...

Hird may or may not be sacked today

Hird may or may not stand down or resign today

One of these scenarios might occur in the future if they don't occur today.

There is one undeniable fact in play at the moment, and that is that Caroline Wilson is a complete mole.
She isn't even recieveing leaks any more, just making shit up.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:Who won the premiership?

Who won each clubs B&F?

dead set you'd think they would have enough to talk about at the moment....
Neither get the ratings or sell the papers like this does.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I don't think I understand any of this appeal stuff anymore. (maybe I never did)
Is Hird facing a Show Cause Notice?
Isn't it the case that not being a player, he can't face any penalty from ASADA?
And wasn't the court case about declaring ASADAs investigation illegal?
So, if Hird does win his case, doesn't that just mean the investigation into him is illegal? And if so....so what!!! He doesn't face any charges anyway!
That scenario still leaves the players facing possible penalty. And still doesn't clear Hird's name from being involved in possible doping.

ps - I'm thinking I now know why Dank sat behind Hird at the announcement of the court case - to stick a knife in his back.
Presuming for a moment that Dank does have proof EFC are innocent, then he can only be holding out on delivering the proof because he wants to see everyone at the club go down first, for treating him badly. And maybe then show his hand and laugh at them all.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

S6,Ben?Does that cover Social Drugs as well as performance enhancing?

Like your Latest Signature.Maybe every WAFL Supporter I know can use it and Shove it in the Faces of friends of their's like Life Member,T.Nisbett! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So what's the f****** deal ASADA you pack of maggots? What's the delay now? The club announced it won't appeal, and Hird said he won't prevent the SCN process going ahead.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL????????????

All this crap about how the club is delaying the process by challenging the legality of the investigation etc. Well now you have the green f****** light.

In fact, the players should just respond the SCN's they currently have. Surely their lawyers have plenty of time to prepare responses. Don't wait for them to "re-issue", just send the responses to the current ones.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:So what's the f****** deal ASADA you pack of maggots? What's the delay now? The club announced it won't appeal, and Hird said he won't prevent the SCN process going ahead.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL????????????

All this crap about how the club is delaying the process by challenging the legality of the investigation etc. Well now you have the green f****** light.

In fact, the players should just respond the SCN's they currently have. Surely their lawyers have plenty of time to prepare responses. Don't wait for them to "re-issue", just send the responses to the current ones.
THIS!

f*** me ASADA are a dead set joke, delay after delay, I'm inclined to think they are delaying soooo much that any penalties will have to be backdated enough so the player won't actually serve squat! and WADA can't appeal seeing as it was ASADA delays that caused it exactly like in the NRL case. ASADA "get there admission" and WADA can't jump on their back about it...
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Could it still be the case that ASADA don't have enough evidence? If they don't surely they won't want to continue so soon as they will look incompetent....again.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Could it still be the case that ASADA don't have enough evidence? If they don't surely they won't want to continue so soon as they will look incompetent....again.
But they've already issued SCN's. They gave an initial timeframe which was extended by the Federal Court action. Now it's over, there needs to be a new timeframe set. IMO, don't wait for it, just answer the current ones. You can answer it straight away of you like....
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Jazz_84 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:So what's the f****** deal ASADA you pack of maggots? What's the delay now? The club announced it won't appeal, and Hird said he won't prevent the SCN process going ahead.

THIS!

f*** me ASADA are a dead set joke, delay after delay, I'm inclined to think they are delaying soooo much that any penalties will have to be backdated enough so the player won't actually serve squat! and WADA can't appeal seeing as it was ASADA delays that caused it exactly like in the NRL case. ASADA "get there admission" and WADA can't jump on their back about it...
I think the hilarious thing is that you're right in that ASADA now know that by the time they put this to bed everything will be so backdated that there's effectively zero penalty, yet they STILL can't currently (and hopefully never can) get the players to take a deal. It's like they're begging to be put out of their misery but it rightly won't happen.

If ASADA had any level of competency whatsoever they would have at least issued a statement in the last day or so providing the public with a timeframe of when they expected things to continue to move forward. But yep, total silence. When is some journalist going to get a clue and start hovering outside McDevitt's house instead of Hird's?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gyoza wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

THIS!

I think the hilarious thing is that you're right in that ASADA now know that by the time they put this to bed everything will be so backdated that there's effectively zero penalty, yet they STILL can't currently (and hopefully never can) get the players to take a deal. It's like they're begging to be put out of their misery but it rightly won't happen.

If ASADA had any level of competency whatsoever they would have at least issued a statement in the last day or so providing the public with a timeframe of when they expected things to continue to move forward. But yep, total silence. When is some journalist going to get a clue and start hovering outside McDevitt's house instead of Hird's?
The media love the fact that the players are in limbo. It gives them the ammo to keep their bullshit speculative articles about how they face 2 year bans or potentially accepting deals. If the grubby c**** could have their way, ASADA can take up to 2 years to issue the next deadline, just so they can keep writing and talking shit until the cows come home.

That's why I reckon the players should just go ahead and respond to the current notices. I'd like to see what ASADA does next. It would be totally unexpected, and I reckon they wouldn't know what to f****** do.

Now, does anyone know if there is a timeframe on ASADA to put athletes on the register of finding once they have responded to a show cause? Or do ASADA have until eternity to act?
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gimps wrote:I'd like to see Mike Fitzpatrick at my local Fight Club. I'd go Edward Norton on Jared Leto-style on his a***!
What a strange life you must lead.