f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by little_ripper »

boncer34 wrote:FWIW there is strong rumor going around that Little has tossed in more then a couple of mil of his own to get us through this mess.

Initial reports had that figure at 7 mil but that always seemed excessive to me.
Wouldn't surprise me, that bloke loves a fight.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Our legal bills would be moving up there. Those silks know how to charge and they do, like wounded bulls. We will have a lot of bills to pay as a result two lots of court action and the other sides legal costs and that's only what we know about. There would be Solicitors, Advisors and others all putting their hands out.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I was not saying the OHS stuff had anything to do with ASADA,it doesn't you're right. But the AFL do have responsibilities and they failed to fulfill their responsibilities. I am NOT insinuating we did take Beta 4, I hope we didn't. But; when the AFL knew and were told what was "allegedly" suspected, they failed to act and allowed the supplement program to continue. There was a lot of secrecy stuff going on including the overseas blood tests. Every employer has certain obligations to their staff and visa versa but the AFL neglected the players welfare by failing to act thus ignoring their legal responsibilities.

So does being in a joint partnership in the investigation with ASADA absolve the AFL as an employer of their legal rights to an employee? Does Civil law defer to Federal law? Interesting.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote:I was not saying the OHS stuff had anything to do with ASADA,it doesn't you're right. But the AFL do have responsibilities and they failed to fulfill their responsibilities. I am NOT insinuating we did take Beta 4, I hope we didn't. But; when the AFL knew and were told what was "allegedly" suspected, they failed to act and allowed the supplement program to continue. There was a lot of secrecy stuff going on including the overseas blood tests. Every employer has certain obligations to their staff and visa versa but the AFL neglected the players welfare by failing to act thus ignoring their legal responsibilities.

So does being in a joint partnership in the investigation with ASADA absolve the AFL as an employer of their legal rights to an employee? Does Civil law defer to Federal law? Interesting.
Just because the club supplied players with supplements (and the AFL didn't stop them) doesn't mean there was a breach of the OHS Act.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

little_ripper wrote:
boncer34 wrote:FWIW there is strong rumor going around that Little has tossed in more then a couple of mil of his own to get us through this mess.

Initial reports had that figure at 7 mil but that always seemed excessive to me.
Except for that one time where it really counted and he didn't.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote:

What a load of shit. The fight he had to have, he couldn't stomach. Not to mention his spineless effort at the B&F. Just another corporate tosser.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
mdso wrote:I was not saying the OHS stuff had anything to do with ASADA,it doesn't you're right. But the AFL do have responsibilities and they failed to fulfill their responsibilities. I am NOT insinuating we did take Beta 4, I hope we didn't. But; when the AFL knew and were told what was "allegedly" suspected, they failed to act and allowed the supplement program to continue. There was a lot of secrecy stuff going on including the overseas blood tests. Every employer has certain obligations to their staff and visa versa but the AFL neglected the players welfare by failing to act thus ignoring their legal responsibilities.

Just because the club supplied players with supplements (and the AFL didn't stop them) doesn't mean there was a breach of the OHS Act.
What the f*** would you know about OH&S?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

I know zilch! :wink:

Generally, VWA would be concerned about players who ended up ill or injured due to the conduct or undertaking of the employer. Seeing that not one player has fallen ill from taking a supplement, where is the breach? On the other hand, several players have fallen injured while at training. If anything, VWA should go and investigate our wizz bang facilities and ask WTF is going on there.

We could be in breach of the Act if we failed to maintain adequate medical records in accordance with legal requirements. That's a club's responsibility, not the AFL.

The sporting arena is a complex area for OHS. I find it fascinating that when a player takes the field, it's not deemed a workplace. However, his training facility is. Go figure. That comment is straight out of the mouth of a VWA inspector.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

little_ripper wrote:

yeah, i heard that too and figured they appointed him due to his pitbull like rep and taste for blood, as the board knew the proverbial was about to hit the fan.

this guy is more like a poodle whose master only taught him one trick - roll over and play dead.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Generally, VWA would be concerned about players who ended up ill or injured due to the conduct or undertaking of the employer. Seeing that not one player has fallen ill from taking a supplement, where is the breach? On the other hand, several players have fallen injured while at training. If anything, VWA should go and investigate our wizz bang facilities and ask WTF is going on there.

We could be in breach of the Act if we failed to maintain adequate medical records in accordance with legal requirements. That's a club's responsibility, not the AFL.

The sporting arena is a complex area for OHS. I find it fascinating that when a player takes the field, it's not deemed a workplace. However, his training facility is. Go figure. That comment is straight out of the mouth of a VWA inspector.
Yup, extraordinary that people can ignore a game which destroys bodies, longterm use of pain killing injections and genuine concerns about head trauma and focus on injections which have no known health impacts.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

The employments contracts the players sign are with the AFL, they are employees of the AFL but they are contracted to the clubs. The AFL and the EFC have joint duty of care in OHS issues. They were reported to Workcare. That is my understanding of the partnership, the EFC come under their auspices.

No guys, the AFL just takes away their common right to silence and bears no responsibility for anything at all. Is that closer to the truth?
Last edited by mdso on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Yup, extraordinary that people can ignore a game which destroys bodies, longterm use of pain killing injections and genuine concerns about head trauma and focus on injections which have no known health impacts.
The AFL say it is NOT performance enhancing. What a crock!
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:Sack Hird.

Actually the shortened version, that's what it is all about. You're right Ben.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Players entered on register of findings. Now over to tribunal to determine whether infraction notices will be issued...
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:
little_ripper wrote:

What a load of shit. The fight he had to have, he couldn't stomach. Not to mention his spineless effort at the B&F. Just another corporate tosser.
Indeed. Perhaps he feels guilty about his spinelessness, although I doubt it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:Players entered on register of findings. Now over to tribunal to determine whether infraction notices will be issued...
As good a reason as any other to "Sack Hird!" hey Caro you maggot. Exepct another drivel of shit from her tonight or tomorrow. Or perhaps she's outsourced to Rita?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Players entered on register of findings. Now over to tribunal to determine whether infraction notices will be issued...
As good a reason as any other to "Sack Hird!" hey Caro you maggot. Exepct another drivel of shit from her tonight or tomorrow. Or perhaps she's outsourced to Rita?
I expect it now, when infraction notices are issued, the day before the tribunal, the first day of the tribunal and as soon as the tribunal is over, even if all players are cleared. And also on any other day from now until infinity.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

AFL Players Association statement

AFL Players Association CEO Paul Marsh has made the following statement:

“The determination from the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel was an anticipated outcome and we are pleased that we are a step closer to having this matter finalised.

We now await the AFL’s decision as to whether or not they'll issue infraction notices.

We hope this decision is made quickly so the process can keep moving.”
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They'll issue infraction notices, we all know it's having that way.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

So can we really be crucified and our players banned with NO actual PROOF (as in a positive sample from one of our boys).

Or does the tribunal just go on innuendo and here say as arseada have?.