f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by robrulz5 »

Now all of this could drag out until January, fantastic...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

news article fwiw(not a lot really).

UNDERWORLD figure Mick Gatto says he was enlisted by the key witness in ASADA’s case against Essendon players to help sell information that could clear the Bombers of anti-doping charges.

Gatto claimed he offered biochemist Shane Charter’s untold story to media, including 60 Minutes, for up to $400,000, but that there had been “no interest”.

The club had also been approached about whether it would be interested in the apparently favourable evidence, Gatto said.

Doping hearings against 34 current and former Bombers could be pushed back to January as a dispute brews over how much of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority’s evidence they should be provided with. A tribunal start date of December 15 has been tentatively set.

Gatto told the Herald Sun yesterday that Charter had asked for his help to sell his story, and that the biochemist was also shopping new evidence to the Bombers.

Asked if Charter wanted cash from Essendon for the evidence, Gatto said: “He wanted to be paid for it.”

Gatto said he would have taken a cut of any deal: “That was the reason I was in it. I’m not an Essendon supporter, I’m a Collingwood supporter.

“I didn’t talk to anyone there (Essendon) directly. I just spoke to media. They were approached by different people.”

Essendon would not comment last night. Charter could not be reached.

Gatto said Charter “can prove the substance he bought was legal. They (ASADA) were saying it was a (banned) peptide but in fact he could prove that it wasn’t”.

Charter was due to complete a review of his evidence with ASADA and sign a witness statement yesterday.

He remains undecided about whether he will appear in person at tribunal hearings.

The current and former players have been slapped with infraction notices alleging they were administered the banned peptide Thymosin beta-4 by former Essendon sports ­scientist Stephen Dank.

Dank denies this, and claims the players were given a permitted type of Thymosin, known as Thymomodulin.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal is yet to decide whether the hearings will be open to media.

Dank said last night he was still weighing up whether to take on the AFL in his own case, but said he would not be “dictated to” by the league.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Surely this means anything Charter's says cannot be believed. The guy wants to be paid for his "evidence" either way.

Should we be surprised the media don't want to deal with a murdering underworld figure in Gatto?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

robrulz5 wrote:Surely this means anything Charter's says cannot be believed. The guy wants to be paid for his "evidence" either way.

Should we be surprised the media don't want to deal with a murdering underworld figure in Gatto?
Totally surprised - when has it ever stopped them before??
The media have no scruples - so long as it sells, they'll run with it.
ps- - oh, and the general public are just as bad (and complicit) because they'll buy this sort of rubbish!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

nudder12 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Surely this means anything Charter's says cannot be believed. The guy wants to be paid for his "evidence" either way.

ps- - oh, and the general public are just as bad (and complicit) because they'll buy this sort of rubbish!!

Would a media outlet really pay up to $400,000 for a story?
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

robrulz5 wrote:
nudder12 wrote:

Would a media outlet really pay up to $400,000 for a story?
Caro would pay it out of her own purse as long as it involved the sacking of James Hird.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

little_ripper wrote:news article fwiw(not a lot really).

UNDERWORLD figure Mick Gatto says he was enlisted by the key witness in ASADA’s case against Essendon players to help sell information that could clear the Bombers of anti-doping charges.

Gatto claimed he offered biochemist Shane Charter’s untold story to media, including 60 Minutes, for up to $400,000, but that there had been “no interest”.

The club had also been approached about whether it would be interested in the apparently favourable evidence, Gatto said.

Doping hearings against 34 current and former Bombers could be pushed back to January as a dispute brews over how much of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority’s evidence they should be provided with. A tribunal start date of December 15 has been tentatively set.

Gatto told the Herald Sun yesterday that Charter had asked for his help to sell his story, and that the biochemist was also shopping new evidence to the Bombers.

Maybe the EFC will be in the next episode of Underbelly.

Asked if Charter wanted cash from Essendon for the evidence, Gatto said: “He wanted to be paid for it.”

Gatto said he would have taken a cut of any deal: “That was the reason I was in it. I’m not an Essendon supporter, I’m a Collingwood supporter.

“I didn’t talk to anyone there (Essendon) directly. I just spoke to media. They were approached by different people.”

Gatto said Charter “can prove the substance he bought was legal. They (ASADA) were saying it was a (banned) peptide but in fact he could prove that it wasn’t”.

Charter was due to complete a review of his evidence with ASADA and sign a witness statement yesterday.

He remains undecided about whether he will appear in person at tribunal hearings.

The current and former players have been slapped with infraction notices alleging they were administered the banned peptide Thymosin beta-4 by former Essendon sports ­scientist Stephen Dank.

Dank denies this, and claims the players were given a permitted type of Thymosin, known as Thymomodulin.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal is yet to decide whether the hearings will be open to media.

Dank said last night he was still weighing up whether to take on the AFL in his own case, but said he would not be “dictated to” by the league.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

nudder12 wrote:

ASADA can pay witnesses for information. Wonder what they will drag out of the hidden treasure chest next.
Mick Gatto hawking Charters testimony and information - that is jut too funny for words.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

mdso wrote:

And your point is???
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Gatto might be the only one who can shut them up. Now he's one bloke you don't want to cross.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Crazyman wrote:
mdso wrote:

And your point is???
Sorry I had a bad shaky hand day and had trouble holding the mouse.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Crazyman wrote:
mdso wrote:

And your point is???[/quote Sorry I had a bad shaky hand day and had trouble holding the mouse.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

mdso wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
mdso wrote:

And your point is???
I won't speculate on the causes of that :-" hehe
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

If a long, pasted article, has been quoted once in the next post - can the next person kindly remove it from the discussion. Spend all day ****** scrolling through the same shit.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:If a long, pasted article, has been quoted once in the next post - can the next person kindly remove it from the discussion. Spend all day ****** scrolling through the same shit.
news article fwiw(not a lot really).

No worries.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ha ha, get f*****.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Crazyman wrote:
mdso wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
mdso wrote:

And your point is???
I won't speculate on the causes of that :-" hehe
I wish. I have a degenerate condition, Neuro Spasticity it is caused by spinal impingement. So if I screw up on my bad days please forgive me.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

That is no good MDSO.

Hope you are feeling better today. :)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:Should we be surprised the media don't want to deal with a murdering underworld figure in Gatto?
Caro was outraged when Swan had a pizza with big Mick, where was her outrage this time? :roll:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

j-mac31 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Should we be surprised the media don't want to deal with a murdering underworld figure in Gatto?
Caro was outraged when Swan had a pizza with big Mick, where was her outrage this time? :roll:
Vinegar Tits has very discernible and distinct levels of outrage J.

- Level 1 Jim

- Level 1a Essendon Football Club; past, present or future..... from Little to the Receptionist LOL :lol:

- Level 2 Collingwood, Eddie and Swannie's rat pack

- Level 3 Comedians doing lisping jokes.

- Level 4 TBA (ie at it's mood at the time)

- Level 5 - NEVER - AFL, Ninthmond and Journalithsp's like Vinegar Tits