f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: f*** off..

Post by dom_105 »

Ratten confronted Justin Cordy in the days that followed the game. Those at the club 12 months ago remember the early heated arguments between the pair after Ratten demanded of Cordy why Essendon's players had become so big and so strong and so dominant in the final term.
Carlton started the last quarter of Round 4 2012 kicking 5 goals to 1. They won the last quarter by 17 points. Over the game, they had effectively the same amount of contested possessions and tackles, more contested marks, much more 1%ers and much more running bounces of the ball. And they were down one man early.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 20421.html

Who was running over the top of who? Who was monstering who?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

dom_105 wrote:
Ratten confronted Justin Cordy in the days that followed the game. Those at the club 12 months ago remember the early heated arguments between the pair after Ratten demanded of Cordy why Essendon's players had become so big and so strong and so dominant in the final term.
Carlton started the last quarter of Round 4 2012 kicking 5 goals to 1. They won the last quarter by 17 points. Over the game, they had effectively the same amount of contested possessions and tackles, more contested marks, much more 1%ers and much more running bounces of the ball. And they were down one man early.

I love when facts get in the way of a "good" story. Well done dom.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

f*** this is getting weird...
AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou phoned Essendon's major sponsor Kia to support the club in the wake of the supplements scandal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z2S8W3zyys
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

tonysoprano wrote:
dom_105 wrote:

It defies both belief and logic.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

On this Demetriou stuff, it doesn't surprise me to be honest.

He'd be working his little black book overtime to try and make all this go away.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

dom_105 wrote:On this Demetriou stuff, it doesn't surprise me to be honest.

He'd be working his little black book overtime to try and make all this go away.
I was thinking this morning who at some stage or another as come out and defended the club or Sir James in one form or another. This list of "notables" includes:

Andrew Bolt
Nathan Buckley
John Elliot
Vlad Demetriou
Sam Newman

God - we might be truly f*****!
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

tonysoprano wrote:f*** this is getting weird...
AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou phoned Essendon's major sponsor Kia to support the club in the wake of the supplements scandal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z2S8W3zyys

Because he clearly knows shit we and the media whores don't.

It was probably something along the lines of "keep your money where it is, there is nothing to this situation, we just cant say anything until the idiots at ArseHarder have finished wasting tax payers money"
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

GoalSneak wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
ealesy wrote:
In 2012, Mr Dank and Essendon fitness coach Dean Robinson also produced forms for the players to sign that stated that AOD9604 was WADA-compliant. Last month, WADA specifically banned AOD9604 under rule S0.

Its too funny isn't it. They "specifically" banned a substance under the most non-specific clause (S0) in their regulations.
Unfortunately for us, that isn't quite true. They "specifically" confirmed last month that it has been banned since 1st January 2011 under S0, they didn't ban it last month.
Which if true, completely undermines their Australian governing body ASADA. Who has been dobbed in by WADA as the organisation to supply info on the legalities of substances. Dank doesn't need a letter, neither does Essendon. The same misinformed advice from ASADA is in black and white in the ACC report. AOD9604 is not banned by WADA is the advice given to the crime commission.

ASADA have stuffed up on AOD 9604 and there is corroborating evidence to support it. Thats not to say Essendon are clear, there might have been other substances or methods used that were not right.

A bold journalist would be questioning why the ACC report contains a specific mention that AOD 9604 is mentioned as not prohibited, a report which was done with ASADA's input. Essendon's lawyers will have a field day on it.

If Essendon are going to get hung up, it will have to be on something other than the substance AOD 9604. You got to remember that the responsibility for disseminating correct doping information in Australia is ASADA, not WADA.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

little_ripper wrote:Which if true, completely undermines their Australian governing body ASADA. Who has been dobbed in by WADA as the organisation to supply info on the legalities of substances. Dank doesn't need a letter, neither does Essendon. The same misinformed advice from ASADA is in black and white in the ACC report. AOD9604 is not banned by WADA is the advice given to the crime commission.

ASADA have stuffed up on AOD 9604 and there is corroborating evidence to support it. Thats not to say Essendon are clear, there might have been other substances or methods used that were not right.

A bold journalist would be questioning why the ACC report contains a specific mention that AOD 9604 is mentioned as not prohibited, a report which was done with ASADA's input. Essendon's lawyers will have a field day on it.

If Essendon are going to get hung up, it will have to be on something other than the substance AOD 9604. You got to remember that the responsibility for disseminating correct doping information in Australia is ASADA, not WADA.
This really surprised me, but I have a copy of the report in front of me on my desk and after sifting through it, it DOES indeed specifically say:

AOD9604 is not currently prohibited under category S2 of the WADA Prohibited List.

So what's all the fuss about? This I will be putting to Kate Lundy later today.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Sorry Ossie just generalising here but more ridiculous articles today just highlights how disgusting journalism in Australia is at the moment. The Jon Ralph one about we're now seeing the effects of the drugs we took last year.....is laughable. No chance we're just playing amazing football. What a c***! Whole Herald Scum are c****! And to those at other clubs who want to spread stories about the club because you can't handle the fact we're good....eat a dick c****!

Hope they all get what they deserve when everything comes out...
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

dom_105 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
dom_105 wrote:

Someone from Bomberblitz actually e-mailed and took her to task over this story and the fact that Carlton outscored us in the last quarter and she replied stating that she was well aware of the score card in the last quarter, but she was at the game (which I found astounding- who knew Caro actually attends games or even actually likes AFL football, you can't tell from her articles) and Essendon were full of running in the last quarter and were monstering Carlton.

WTF is she on. She just gets fixated on a belief and cannot let it go.

Also Vlad has now come out and told other clubs to stop spreading bullshit rumours about us and the fact we are 5-0. Think it clear that one of those clubs would be Carlton given the pathetic part they played in Caro's article the other day. Pretty clear that they are the only ones that could've leaked the information about meeting with Dank's Chemist mate and the fact they recorded him giving them details of the supplement program at Essendon.

Genius piece of work there Carlton, there is a ongoing drug investigation into a club, you then make it publically know that you recorded members of your staff recorded a conversation with a key member involved in this program, of course the AFL and ASADA are then going to want a copy of the recording which you can't provide because you have destroyed it. So why exactly did you destroy the recording. It certainly would not have been to protect the interests of the Essendon Football Club. The end result now the AFL and ASADA want to interview people at your club as well.

Bunch of f****** geniuses at Carlton.

Still cannot believe the AFL claimed to have conducted a thorough audit of all 17 other clubs sport science/supplement/fitness programs in a matter of weeks and gave them all the all clear....particularly 2 days after making that announcement, Steven Danks association with Melbourne hit the media.

There are the messages between Dank and Hird stating that new of a club challenging for the Flag that were engaged in a very similar supplement program to our own and yet nothing has come of that.

The thing that gives me most confidence is that since being briefed on the findings of the Ziggy report, Demetriou has completely changed track in the past week with statements in the media about just because the media reports something as fact doesn't mean it is and now publically warning other clubs to stop spreading rumours about us.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

JP_40 wrote:Sorry Ossie just generalising here but more ridiculous articles today just highlights how disgusting journalism in Australia is at the moment. The Jon Ralph one about we're now seeing the effects of the drugs we took last year.....is laughable. No chance we're just playing amazing football. What a c***! Whole Herald Scum are c****! And to those at other clubs who want to spread stories about the club because you can't handle the fact we're good....eat a dick c****!

Don't blame you mate. Some of the rubbish that's been published in the last few weeks has made me embarrassed to be a journalist. I certainly didn't learn how to be a c*** when I was studying journalism at uni, so I don't know where the other journos get it from!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

ealesy wrote:
dom_105 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
dom_105 wrote:

Someone from Bomberblitz actually e-mailed and took her to task over this story and the fact that Carlton outscored us in the last quarter and she replied stating that she was well aware of the score card in the last quarter, but she was at the game (which I found astounding- who knew Caro actually attends games or even actually likes AFL football, you can't tell from her articles) and Essendon were full of running in the last quarter and were monstering Carlton.

WTF is she on. She just gets fixated on a belief and cannot let it go.

Also Vlad has now come out and told other clubs to stop spreading bullshit rumours about us and the fact we are 5-0. Think it clear that one of those clubs would be Carlton given the pathetic part they played in Caro's article the other day. Pretty clear that they are the only ones that could've leaked the information about meeting with Dank's Chemist mate and the fact they recorded him giving them details of the supplement program at Essendon.

Genius piece of work there Carlton, there is a ongoing drug investigation into a club, you then make it publically know that you recorded members of your staff recorded a conversation with a key member involved in this program, of course the AFL and ASADA are then going to want a copy of the recording which you can't provide because you have destroyed it. So why exactly did you destroy the recording. It certainly would not have been to protect the interests of the Essendon Football Club. The end result now the AFL and ASADA want to interview people at your club as well.

Bunch of f****** geniuses at Carlton.

Still cannot believe the AFL claimed to have conducted a thorough audit of all 17 other clubs sport science/supplement/fitness programs in a matter of weeks and gave them all the all clear....particularly 2 days after making that announcement, Steven Danks association with Melbourne hit the media.

There are the messages between Dank and Hird stating that new of a club challenging for the Flag that were engaged in a very similar supplement program to our own and yet nothing has come of that.

The thing that gives me most confidence is that since being briefed on the findings of the Ziggy report, Demetriou has completely changed track in the past week with statements in the media about just because the media reports something as fact doesn't mean it is and now publically warning other clubs to stop spreading rumours about us.
Demtriou's demeanour in the last week (coincidentally in the week that he read and reviewed the Ziggy report) is very telling indeed.

Clearly he is now in possession of some of the facts and his attacks on the media and other clubs who continue to spread "scurrilous rumours" would be extraordinary if he knew nothing. Not to menion him phoning the club's major sponsor asking them to hold firm.

Very interesting
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Ossie - could you let us know what she (Lundy) says? And if you read this before you see her - could you please also ask if the information is incorrect who is responsible - the ACC? ASADA? WADA? or us?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:
JP_40 wrote:Sorry Ossie just generalising here but more ridiculous articles today just highlights how disgusting journalism in Australia is at the moment. The Jon Ralph one about we're now seeing the effects of the drugs we took last year.....is laughable. No chance we're just playing amazing football. What a c***! Whole Herald Scum are c****! And to those at other clubs who want to spread stories about the club because you can't handle the fact we're good....eat a dick c****!

Don't blame you mate. Some of the rubbish that's been published in the last few weeks has made me embarrassed to be a journalist. I certainly didn't learn how to be a c*** when I was studying journalism at uni, so I don't know where the other journos get it from!
I'm sure it's ego driven, or agenda driven.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Either James Hird has an amazing poker face or he just seems so confident at the moment...acting like nothing's really happening.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I read the Herald Sun today. They had a bit in the sport section headed something like "there's plenty of rumors and innuendo going around at the moment, but here are the facts." And then proceeded with the typical "the Herald Sun believe" rubbish.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

j-mac31 wrote:I read the Herald Sun today. They had a bit in the sport section headed something like "there's plenty of rumors and innuendo going around at the moment, but here are the facts." And then proceeded with the typical "the Herald Sun believe" rubbish.
And Vlad has supposedly said today that clubs should cut the rumours and innuendo about us.
I hope he's also starting to realize it's not us who are bringing the game into disrepute! It's those c**** at Carlton and in the media who doing it all by themselves!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Paddy, I swear I've never seen you type c*** before. I'm gonna tell yo mumma.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Megan wrote:Paddy, I swear I've never seen you type c*** before. I'm gonna tell yo mumma.
What mumma don't know...won't kill her haha.