Maggots

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Maggots

Post by Gimps »

Shitty Classified -

Thomas said we were a bit stiff about 5 times and those other c*** kept cutting him off. Tipping he was about to say that the ****** maggots were a disgrace and should have been hanged at the farken Old Melbourne Gaol!!
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Wow, 4 pages of umpire talk, I am glad the game wasn't on tv in WA!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote:Shitty Classified -

Thomas said we were a bit stiff about 5 times and those other c*** kept cutting him off. Tipping he was about to say that the ****** maggots were a disgrace and should have been hanged at the farken Old Melbourne Gaol!!
Not surprised the others kept cutting him off, they all hate us.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Bomber_Fan wrote: Cmon guys the umpires are being consistent at least. I have seen this decision paid twice in the last couple of years and only against Essendon players. Think it was Lonergan last time, getting pinned by three players and being dragged over the line. The umpires paid a free kick for holding the ball against him. Didn't see the game but surely it can't have been as bad as that one.
Neither were as bad as Dempsey being pinged for holding the ball against Sydney last year when no one even tackled him. He picked up the ball and ran through a pack without being tackled, maybe Jude Bolton got a hand on him and they paid him a free kick for his toughness... :roll:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

id like to add Heppell getting taken over the line only for it to be called deliberate...... HOW THE f***?

I thought the umpire called holding the ball for that one.
For the millisecond that he was in play?
That one gets paid a bit and I think it's BS - once the ball is out of bounds, the play is stopped.

What I don't get is sometimes they pay it for holding the ball, but I'm sure I've seen on TV times when the field umpire asks the boundary ump who blew their whistle first and if the boundary umpire says he did, they throw it in. Which implies to me that once the ball is out of bounds there can be no holding the ball free paid. But sometimes it is. WTF?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

id like to add Heppell getting taken over the line only for it to be called deliberate...... HOW THE f***?

yeah sorry your right it was holding the ball, very unique call that one
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

robrulz5 wrote:
Bomber_Fan wrote: Cmon guys the umpires are being consistent at least. I have seen this decision paid twice in the last couple of years and only against Essendon players. Think it was Lonergan last time, getting pinned by three players and being dragged over the line. The umpires paid a free kick for holding the ball against him. Didn't see the game but surely it can't have been as bad as that one.
Neither were as bad as Dempsey being pinged for holding the ball against Sydney last year when no one even tackled him. He picked up the ball and ran through a pack without being tackled, maybe Jude Bolton got a hand on him and they paid him a free kick for his toughness... :roll:
I remember the horror of that particular decision distinctly. My other half follows the Swans - to do with being a pommie immigrant that live in Sydney for 25 years - so we were watching the game as you do. I distinctly remember screaming at the TV that you actually have to get tackled to get pinged for holding the ball. He evaded 3, none laid a hand on him and he was still pinged. Just more nonsense that seems to dog week in week out year in year out.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

That one gets paid a bit and I think it's BS - once the ball is out of bounds, the play is stopped.

What I don't get is sometimes they pay it for holding the ball, but I'm sure I've seen on TV times when the field umpire asks the boundary ump who blew their whistle first and if the boundary umpire says he did, they throw it in. Which implies to me that once the ball is out of bounds there can be no holding the ball free paid. But sometimes it is. WTF?
Further to what I said here, apparently (according to my bro) Geishen admitted this holding the ball decision was incorrect because it was out of bounds first.

EDIT - here we go: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Also said Hibberd should have got a free for push in the back.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:yeah sorry your right it was holding the ball, very unique call that one
"Unique" means "one of a kind", so something cannot be very unique. :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

"The umpire doesn't have the advantage of replay, slow motion or things like that but when we went back there were two errors, we're disappointed about that but like all human beings, the umpires make errors sometimes."
No - but they are meant to be the best, most elite decision makers going around ... not of the quality of some dad umpiring the little tackkers at Auskick on Saturday morning.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Having just watched the 8 decisions judgement from Geischan ... I'll wear the Stanton one, but the others were shit.

What was fascinating was the toad justifying a 50 M for Hurley's slightly late head high on Firrito when it should have been a downfield anyway but having the gall to say that the hit on Hocking 1.4 seconds after he kicked it (with elbows raised by the in the air tackler who jumped after Hocking kicked) did not warrant a free...

pure and unadulterated shit.

Now just watch us get soft frees in a game where we are being pummbled anyway as an even up.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:yeah sorry your right it was holding the ball, very unique call that one
i swear to god j-mac....
Kakadu Kangaroos
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

s'dreams wrote:Having just watched the 8 decisions judgement from Geischan ... I'll wear the Stanton one, but the others were shit.

What was fascinating was the toad justifying a 50 M for Hurley's slightly late head high on Firrito when it should have been a downfield anyway but having the gall to say that the hit on Hocking 1.4 seconds after he kicked it (with elbows raised by the in the air tackler who jumped after Hocking kicked) did not warrant a free...

Now just watch us get soft frees in a game where we are being pummbled anyway as an even up.
No they'll even it up on Friday night and give us a dream run against the Hawks because us beating the Hawks can be explained by us refinding our early season form or Hawthorn simply having two many players injured and suspended blah blah, to distract from another inevitably shit, if not entirely corrupt umpiring performance.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

s'dreams wrote:but having the gall to say that the hit on Hocking 1.4 seconds after he kicked it (with elbows raised by the in the air tackler who jumped after Hocking kicked) did not warrant a free...

ABSOLUTE joke given 99% of head high free kicks are accidental, how that can't be a free kick is a joke beyond belief

time for Hocking to do exactly the same thing then, hopefully on Thomas the weak c***
Kakadu Kangaroos
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
i swear to god j-mac....
Sorry mate, I just never miss an opportunity to use that line. #-o