Round 4 vs Filth

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Round 4 vs Filth

Post by tonysoprano »

We are too dumb to win this.
Dry football in the wet.
Thick as shit.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Watching this is like being forced to watch Caro Wilson have a XXX wax :-&
It just fell out of the sky
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Crap wet weather team.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Infuriatingly dumb football today. Too much propensity to handball in shit conditions. It was like "it's not my problem" footy - just dish it off to someone else who has someone on their hammer. Dumb. Foot passing was equally dumb. How many times did someone "loft" the ball high so someone can spoil or intercept? FMD.

Belinda Carlisle making a habit of missing from 10 metres out. And HE has the audacity to yell at Dempsey? FMD.

Can anyone crumb a ball these days?
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Dumb is definitely the word. Reckon we had plenty of chances but just stuffed it up so many times.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jake C quickly becoming the best footballer who never was

Injured maybe, conditions not great but a trend line is starting to become apparent
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jake C quickly becoming the best footballer who never was

Injured maybe, conditions not great but a trend line is starting to become apparent
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Out thought - out coached -out played.

So predictably infuriating. If we cant shake this shit - we will be a bottom of the 8 team at best. Again!!!!!

If Hirdy thinks that our 100 extra possessions should have meant something - clearly he was coaching with a remote control unit somewhere far, far, away from the MCG.

They were up for the contest - they got numbers to the ball - they handled it better in the greasy conditions and they pressed when we were piss-farting around on our half-back line. Most of their gaols came from our almost-predictable turnovers. They went in small - we went in tall - on a day when from 6 months ago - we knew it was going to be wet.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I got home and only started to watch a few minutes into the third quarter, it was obvious if we continued to keep playing the way we were, we would lose and we did keep playing the way we were and we did lose. Dumb indeed.

The last time we played like this we had something hanging over our heads. No excuses please, just some solid hard work and training in the wet.
Apart from a small handful of our players, the rest, played as if they were only there for their looks. Get tough Selection Panel, if we have so much depth then make the players earn their spot. Drop some bring in some new blood with hunger and enthusiasm. I will not name names but FMD.........
its not rocket science or is it?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

mdso wrote:I got home and only started to watch a few minutes into the third quarter, it was obvious if we continued to keep playing the way we were, we would lose and we did keep playing the way we were and we did lose. Dumb indeed.

The last time we played like this we had something hanging over our heads. No excuses please, just some solid hard work and training in the wet.
Apart from a small handful of our players, the rest, played as if they were only there for their looks. Get tough Selection Panel, if we have so much depth then make the players earn their spot. Drop some bring in some new blood with hunger and enthusiasm. I will not name names but FMD.........
its not rocket science or is it?
it would be if we were designing a rocket - but alas - No!

It's football.
Either they have the ball, or we have the ball...........and so on.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Foot passing was equally dumb. How many times did someone "loft" the ball high so someone can spoil or intercept? FMD.
f***, that was the worst bit, because it's bad wet or dry.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:I would like to see Ambrose doing more.
He or Carlisle has to be dropped this week. They've given us nothing.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:They were up for the contest - they got numbers to the ball - they handled it better in the greasy conditions and they pressed when we were piss-farting around on our half-back line. Most of their gaols came from our almost-predictable turnovers. They went in small - we went in tall - on a day when from 6 months ago - we knew it was going to be wet.
And there it is in a nutshell.
Essendunny
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Royza wrote:Crap wet weather team.
We were OK in R1 in far worst conditions until we run out of legs.

This game was lost between the ears......

When, when, when.......
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

BTW

Dry as a bone on the Peninsula

Phoned a friend north of town and same......shit happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We need to get better with our long kick outs from full back. I can't fathom why we don't have Hurley kicking out long to Hooker somewhere beyond the D50. He would mark it 9 times out of 10. Reckon the Bellchambers / Daniher option is useless.
Essendunny
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

BenDoolan wrote:Infuriatingly dumb football today. Too much propensity to handball in shit conditions. It was like "it's not my problem" footy - just dish it off to someone else who has someone on their hammer. Dumb. Foot passing was equally dumb. How many times did someone "loft" the ball high so someone can spoil or intercept? FMD.

Belinda Carlisle making a habit of missing from 10 metres out. And HE has the audacity to yell at Dempsey? FMD.

Can anyone crumb a ball these days?
Couldn't agree more. I almost miss Monfries. Chappy was completely useless today.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Next time Rain is Forecast for an Outdoor Fixture,Hird should Run them all night in the Rain at training and Drill some Bloody,Basic footy into them until they Get it Right!

As Barassi said,"Practice makes Perfect?Bullshit!Perfect Practice makes Perfect!"

Hird should really Lay down the Law this week,to Nip Bad Habits in the Bud!
Last edited by grassy1 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I think Gleeson needs a rest in the twos. He got caught a few times last week, and a few more this week.

Bring Ashby back in.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

F111 wrote:I think Gleeson needs a rest in the twos. He got caught a few times last week, and a few more this week.

Bring Ashby back in.

He was horrid today. Not sure he should be dropped at this stage though.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.