Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Post by Crazyman »

gringo wrote:
boncer34 wrote:And look I'm furious because on Saturday night over a couple of beers I was talking to a AFL journo who mentioned that the word from the AFL had come down to go as hard as possible at Hird because they wanted to "finally get their man." The players wanted Hird, in his heart Hird wanted to stay, but the board thought the media spotlight was to bright and made a case to James that if he goes the light diminishes.

Which for me is absurd because WADA is still there, but meh you watch the AFL media ease up.

It's an orchestrated sacking from the AFL and another example of our club bending over and taking it up the f****** ass.
If the players wanted Hird, they would have played for him. They didn't.
Gringo, playing for Hird had nothing to do with it.
The players have been mentally cooked since WADA appealed and it is obvious that the majority have lost any appetite to be on a football field no matter who was coaching.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:What a disappointing day, hopefully the board decide to resign as they have all been terrible.
Rather than dealing in hyperbole, give me specific examples where Paul Little has been "terrible"?
Inviting Caroline Wilson into the club.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I agree with about 20 posts on this matter - any of the ones that in essence say this is f****** bullshit.

what a pathetic football club.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Lets all take a sign to the footy that says "Happy now cow ?" I dont think anyone would have any trouble working out who you would be talking about.

I just feel sad that it has come to this. Without WADA appealing the whole place would be completely different. The exoneration of the players earlier this year lifted the heavy weight around the club and players. The only thing that could derail that was WADA doing an out and out c-nts act and appeal the decision that brought the joy that the thing might be over. Once that happened the players minds were not right and basically it was impossible to perform to their potential.

The club had to thoroughly and demonstrably condemn the WADA decision. This is where the weakness lies.
I would like to see James come back one day to get his chance at coaching our beloved Bombers with the clear air he and we deserve.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

May not be our coach but will always be a True Legend.
Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in the future in some role once all the Wada bullshit is cleared...
Attachments
11139427_10206336395342539_8078401191866170660_n.jpg
11139427_10206336395342539_8078401191866170660_n.jpg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

gringo wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:What a disappointing day, hopefully the board decide to resign as they have all been terrible.
Rather than dealing in hyperbole, give me specific examples where Paul Little has been "terrible"?
I didn't mention Paul Little by name in my post but here you go:

- He promised to fight the AFL but caved in every time pressure was put on.
- Telling Mark Thompson he had the coaching job for 2015 and then going back on that, we have now lost Bomber forever.
- His constant leaks to Caroline Wilson.
- His numerous attempts to sack Hird.
- He doesn't have any care at all for the members.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

James, you have been wrongly blamed for something you had no control over as Mr Francis has pointed out time and again.

You have fought the fight better than anyone else could have.

You deserve time now with Tania and the kids, take a deep breath and live again.

I will NOT remember you in the light of 2012-present.....the forces arrayed against you and us were mighty and powerful but lacking any humanity, ethics, morality or compassion. They are scum.

You are 180* of that. If my boy grows up like you I will be happy.

I will remember you like one day in a final against WCE, taking the ball off half back, running through the middle bouncing the aget about 5 times and belting it home from about 60m out.....and the endless other occasions you lead, inspired, showed courage, won games off your own boot, leaning your head on Watson the Elder's shoulder after that goal he kicked in the Prelim against the Crows in 93 to seal it, you lifting a Cup to cap off the greatest season in History by ANY Club.

They and many other acts in and around the Club is how you will be remembered, in the same breath as Coleman, Reynolds, Watsons, Fletchers, .....

All else is detritus. You will be long be remembered after the likes of Vinegar Tits, Lanes, etc are like "Who".

Enjoy your life with your family in relative anonymity. You deserve it.

But somehow I think we'll be seeing you again at "home".....sometime.

Your photo with kids as babes will NEVER leave my study wall.

Best wishes
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

Flip wrote:James, you have been wrongly blamed for something you had no control over as Mr Francis has pointed out time and again.

You deserve time now with Tania and the kids, take a deep breath and live again.

I will NOT remember you in the light of 2012-present.....the forces arrayed against you and us were mighty and powerful but lacking any humanity, ethics, morality or compassion. They are scum.

I will remember you like one day in a final against WCE, taking the ball off half back, running through the middle bouncing the aget about 5 times and belting it home from about 60m out.....and the endless other occasions you lead, inspired, showed courage, won games off your own boot, leaning your head on Watson the Elder's shoulder after that goal he kicked in the Prelim against the Crows in 93 to seal it, you lifting a Cup to cap off the greatest season in History by ANY Club.

They and many other acts in and around the Club is how you will be remembered, in the same breath as Coleman, Reynolds, Watsons, Fletchers, .....

All else is detritus. You will be long be remembered after the likes of Vinegar Tits, Lanes, etc are like "Who".

Best wishes
THIS
electrickery
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

robrulz5 wrote:
gringo wrote:

- Telling Mark Thompson he had the coaching job for 2015 and then going back on that, we have now lost Bomber forever.
+1
electrickery
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

tonysoprano wrote:I agree with about 20 posts on this matter - any of the ones that in essence say this is f****** bullshit.

what a pathetic football club.
x2
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

robrulz5 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Paul Little may be a great businessman, but he has no idea about a football club. Members are not the same as shareholders.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

In the space of 8 months LIttle has killed both Bomber and Hird at the EFC.

WOW.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

nudder12 wrote:Paul Little may be a great businessman, but he has no idea about a football club. Members are not the same as shareholders.
He went to the same biznis school as Horsburgh didn't he?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I'm done.

After sleeping terribly over it I emailed the club today:

Subject: please cancel my membership - effective immediately

…and please don’t call asking me why…you already know the answer…unless of course Paul Little calls me himself….then I will happily speak with him.

I though I could never be more disappointed than when the club was banned from the finals, and Hird suspended - but f*** me, this has me floored.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Flip wrote:James, you have been wrongly blamed for something you had no control over as Mr Francis has pointed out time and again.

Best wishes
Strange sort of post considering you were agitating for his sacking. Are you taking the piss??
Essendunny
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Ben no where have I said I have NOT loved and admired him for his career and his stature as a man.

It is simply an observation drawn from what I have seen over the past 4 years that he can't coach to say a level of a Sheedy. It was a mistake to hire him cold without him doing a apprenticeship no matter who was sitting next to him.

But quite frankly it is no big deal. He is in good company: Tim, Tony Shaw, Shimma etc etc were all great players and failed at coaching.

In the broad sphere of things, Jim's career and the way he has held himself in his life far outweigh any perceived negatives elsewhere.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

robrulz5 wrote:
gringo wrote:

- Can you provide examples where he "caved in" to the AFL?
- What evidence do you have to support the contention that he told Mark Thompson he would be the senior coach in 2015?
- What did he leak to Caroline Wilson and when?
- The board needs to make collective decisions, not Little acting alone. Putting that to one side, how has little attempted to sack Hird?
- How has Little demonstrated that he doesn't care about the members?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Chicken Little, CLUCK OFF!!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

gringo wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
gringo wrote:

- Can you provide examples where he "caved in" to the AFL?
- What evidence do you have to support the contention that he told Mark Thompson he would be the senior coach in 2015?
- What did he leak to Caroline Wilson and when?
- The board needs to make collective decisions, not Little acting alone. Putting that to one side, how has little attempted to sack Hird?
- How has Little demonstrated that he doesn't care about the members?

- Accepting the sanctions at the end of 2013 when before that he continually said he intended to fight the AFL. He had clearly caved into them this week with Hird being sacked, conveniently now the AFL have made a submission to CAS requesting no player face any suspensions.
- Thompson's speech at the Best & Fairest last year strongly suggests that he was going to be coaching in 2015. It was all over the room that night that Hird was going to be sacked the next day. The club backflipped when Hird threatened legal action.
- He was the only person inside the club to grant Wilson an interview, no one else would speak to her. She was the first to run with the story about Hird being sacked around the time of the best and fairest.
-How has Little demonstrated that he cares about the members.

Once again I didn't originally mention Little, you did. I commented on the board as a whole but if yo don't think someone like Little would have serious sway over the board you are delusional.
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

tonysoprano wrote:I'm done.

After sleeping terribly over it I emailed the club today:

Subject: please cancel my membership - effective immediately

…and please don’t call asking me why…you already know the answer…unless of course Paul Little calls me himself….then I will happily speak with him.

I though I could never be more disappointed than when the club was banned from the finals, and Hird suspended - but f*** me, this has me floored.
Totally agree mate.

But the membership may be best served voting these idiots out.