Cousins Arrested

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Have been very close to several drug addicts in my time. So I can sympathise severly with Ben big time, that said I'm still not sold why the hell he's been sacked. What in the world does him taking drugs have to do with his football ability?
Because it was part of his contract upon his return to footy early this year. It's that simple.
Didnt no that one Jim. Thanks buddy.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

boncer34 wrote:Valium anyone?
Which is highly addictive and can have a major impact on people's behaviour and cause them to be very erratic if abused.

Need a prescription to posses and use it, if you don't then you will be charged with possession of a drug of dependence if you don't.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ealesy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Valium anyone?
Which is highly addictive and can have a major impact on people's behaviour and cause them to be very erratic if abused.

Need a prescription to posses and use it, if you don't then you will be charged with possession of a drug of depedence if you don't.
Indeed you do. Just noting its the reported drug he took. For Megans conscience I am allowed to name it simply because its all over WA radio and media.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes I find that interesting. The only official version I have heard was on tonights news. And they only reported what the other members in the vehicle are being charged with - possession of cocaine and cannabis. But they did not report what substance Cousins has been charged with. Why not?

And for the record, the Eagles held a press conference and announced that Cousins has been terminated for breach of revised contract. They offered continued support, and a commitment to change the club culture.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I've been working since earlier today...just home now and reading this.

Valium is a minor tranq often prescribed for things like muscle spasm, and is also frequently prescribed to control withdrawal reactions, but mostly from alcohol. I guess it's possible he could have had it prescribed. Did the news services say that it was a non prescribed drug in his case? D'ya think I'm trying to hard to look on the bright side? Maybe we could get him in the psd?:)

I should go look up it's sports limitations, 'cause it'd be no surprise that it'd be on the banned list...I'd expect it is. Hardly a performance enhancer :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Re: diazepam (valium)
Symbol: Permitted in sport Product is permitted for use in sport [based on the World Anti-Doping Code 2007 Prohibited List]
So there you go. If he has a prescription then all clear.
Sounds unlikely though huh?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Re: diazepam (valium)
Symbol: Permitted in sport Product is permitted for use in sport [based on the World Anti-Doping Code 2007 Prohibited List]
So there you go. If he has a prescription then all clear.
Sounds unlikely though huh?
I haven't heard any official reports that state what Cousins is in fact charged with possessing. I have heard on last night's news that the others were charged with cocaine and cannibis.

Interesting to hear the toxicology report of Mainwaring. He had cocaine, cannibis, ecstasy, anti-depressants and alcohol in his system.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

keystone cops
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Reckon he gave them some valuable info in exchange for dropping the charges??

The whole thing appears like a farce to me...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So all up, they have found traces and evidence of drugs in Chick's and Cousins' car - cocaine, cannibis, ecstacy and valium. All of which were found in Chris Mainwaring's body when he died. Court or no court, they have serious problems.
Essendunny