7TWO

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: 7TWO

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
The Man from Bomberland wrote:feck I wish I'd known that replay was on. It's the only game where I've felt physically ill and had to lie down afterwards. Still don't know how we managed to hold on.
Just watched that game now. I hadn't seen it since that day. Sheesh, we were lucky. We scored 3 of the first 4 goals from free kicks. One decision was changed from "touched" on the line to a goal to Scott Lucas (seriously, how the f*** was that overruled?) and the kick from Croad scraped the post. Looking back, I reckon we lost the Grand Final that day. Mercuri and Hird were obviously cactus - and shouldn't have played the following week. Not sure what was wrong with Longy - but he was hardly used on the ground in that Prelim - but no sign of injury. Does anyone remember what the issue with Long was? I know he announced his returement at training during Grand Final week....
Longy did a hamstring training in Grand Final week. He may have had the injury in ther Prelim and just made it worse.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
The Man from Bomberland wrote:feck I wish I'd known that replay was on. It's the only game where I've felt physically ill and had to lie down afterwards. Still don't know how we managed to hold on.
Just watched that game now. I hadn't seen it since that day. Sheesh, we were lucky. We scored 3 of the first 4 goals from free kicks. One decision was changed from "touched" on the line to a goal to Scott Lucas (seriously, how the f*** was that overruled?) and the kick from Croad scraped the post. Looking back, I reckon we lost the Grand Final that day. Mercuri and Hird were obviously cactus - and shouldn't have played the following week. Not sure what was wrong with Longy - but he was hardly used on the ground in that Prelim - but no sign of injury. Does anyone remember what the issue with Long was? I know he announced his returement at training during Grand Final week....
Longy did a hamstring training in Grand Final week. He may have had the injury in ther Prelim and just made it worse.
Ah, that's right. I vaguely remember. September 2001 was a massive distraction for me and my mind wasn't with it. My daughter was born the month before, and I lost my job the week before the Prelim. Then I lost my Grand Final ticket and had to purchase another one (******* incredible), and then we get done. I have virtually wiped September 2001 from my memory.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I remember the whole month very well. I don't think I was more nervous going to a game than Grand Final day, the first one I had ever been to. Was that the hottest September ever, it was over 30 degrees for both the Prelim & Grand Final. That Grand Final was the last Essendon final I have seen live, in 2002 I was overseas, in 2003 all our finals were interstate and I was only in year 12 so had no money! In 2004 the day we played Melbourne I was playing in a Prelim final myself, last year I had no money again (life of a uni student!). I am so desperate for us to make the finals again so I can go.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Episode: 1995 Round 4: Collingwood v Essendon
Time: Friday, July 2, 1:30AM, EST
Channel: 7TWO - Favourites:
Duration: 135 min
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Episode: 1995 Round 4: Collingwood v Essendon
Time: Friday, July 2, 1:30AM, EST
Absolute epic!

Was there that day.....almost 95,000 people and a Grand Final atmosphere. Ripping game. Watch for the bullshit soft free kicks Rocca receives :x
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Thanks, Boys. Won't miss it. Was there also.

The free to Rocca in the last quarter was appalling!! ( so what has changed??)
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Set your recorders tonight for this one.
1995 Round 4: Collingwood v Essendon
Friday, July 2, 1:30AM, EST
Channel: 7TWO
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

F111 wrote:Set your recorders tonight for this one.
They didn't play that game, as advertised.
They played Anzac Day #1 instead!

Misiti, Mick Symons would've been a superstar if he could kick straight, Fletch at FF, the Cocky, ...great game to watch.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
F111 wrote:Set your recorders tonight for this one.
They didn't play that game, as advertised.
They played Anzac Day #1 instead!

Misiti, Mick Symons would've been a superstar if he could kick straight, Fletch at FF, the Cocky, ...great game to watch.
:?

Round 4, 1995 was the "first" Anzac Day clash between Ess & Coll!
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Doh! Of course it was. Somehow I was expecting to see the return game later that season! Should read my own posts a little better huh?!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Footy Flashbacks
Episode: 1994 Round 1: Essendon v West Coast
Time: Monday, July 12, 1:30AM, EST
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Good one this.

Episode: 2001 Round 16: Essendon v Kangaroos
Time: Sunday, July 25, 3:45AM, EST
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Good one this.

Episode: 2001 Round 16: Essendon v Kangaroos
Time: Sunday, July 25, 3:45AM, EST
Simply amazing. I can still remember my half sarcastic "we can still win this" comment to my mate when we were 69 points down.

Again, this channel is becoming a permanent feature in order to get my Essendon thrills. I aint getting any from the current mob....
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Upcoming Replays....

Tuesday Night / Early Wednesday morning 1.30am - not really one to watch, but anyway, if you're a masochist...
1995 2nd Semi Final Essendon v Richmond
Duration: 2 hours
Result: Richmond by 13 points
Key performances: Matthew Knights tearing us a new arsehole with 3 goals after half time
This is the match where we lead by 5 goals at half time and Salmon missed a sitter at the beginning of the 3rd. If he kicked it, it was game over. The rest is history. The week prior, Salmon was booed from the field after we beat West Coast in the Qualifying Final.

Thursday Night / Early Friday morning 1.30am
R17, 1998 Essendon v St.Kilda
Duration: 2 hours
Result: Essendon by 3 points
Key performances: Lloyd 4 goals, Bewick 3 goals, Long 3 goals, Misiti 31 disposals & 2 goals.
I think this is the game where Hird was KO'd in an ugly clash

Saturday Night / Early Sunday morning 1.30am - one to watch! For all those f****** hidings they've given us - WATCH THIS!
R14, 1995 Essendon v Adelaide
Duration 2 hours 15 min
Result: Essendon by 122 points
Key performances: Lloyd's first AFL game - 3 goals, Salmon 8 goals, Wanganeen 4 goals, Cummings 3 goals, Mercuri 3 goals, Denham 31 disposals + 1 goal

and straight after at 3.45am - if you want to vomit
1996 Preliminary Final Essendon v Sydney
Result: Sydney by 1 point
Key performances: Hird 3 goals and a gouged eye from Dunkley (who got off by a corrupt AFL), Lockett's big behind
Half the team were in hospital after this game. If we got through to the Grand Final, we would have been stuffed.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

That '96 Prelim was the first time I had been totally shattered as an Essendon supporter, I had been to my first final the week before so from one almighty high to an extreme low in 7 days.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Up late, thought I'd take a gander at the 95 semi..

I was there that day, and had rid myself of most of my memories of the game. Why the f*** did I decide to watch it tonight? It's all coming back to me!

1st half, played like champions. 3rd quarter, played like our current team.

It's 3qtr time. TV goes off now.

Last but not least.. if only Knights could coach as good as he played that day, bloody ripper of a game.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The only thing I can remember about the 1995 semi final was that Scotty Turner laid out G'OD with a massive shirtfront, up until that point G'OD had just about been BOG for us. Prefectly legal hip and shoulder in those days, these days Scotty Turner probably would cop about 6 weeks for that hit.

I was overseas the entire 96 finals series, we rang my sister who had to stay home because she was doing Year 12 and my parents didn't want her to miss two weeks of school. Anyway we were in Enfland and they call my sister to see how she's going and during the conversation Dad asks about the footy and she tells us we lost to Brisbane in the first week by a point after Wanga hit the post in the dying seconds, flogged West Coast at the G and they were having a massive
sookfest because they had earnt a home final, and the we lost to Sydney at the SCG by a point after Plugger kicked a point after the siren. All in all a good final series to be out of the country.

Disgraceful that the AFL pandered to Sydney a let Dunkley play. (who would not last a season in the comp now, with the arm chopping, hands in the back rules) He was a bigger scragger that would just hang off his man than Silvangi. That and the f****** let Hamill play in the 99 Granf Final despite the dirty sniping ****** of a dog clearly
dropped both knees into Wallis during the preliminary final.

At least karma caught up that overrated piece of shit after his career died in the arse when he went to St Kilda, ironically due to a chronic knee injury. Also love how f****** pissed off those corrupt f****** at Carlton were when he walked out on them.

The fact the AFL let Dunkley and Hamill play Grand Finals despite both committing dirty little snipes durin the preliminary finals must really shit blokes like Jason Cloke, Anthony Rocca and Dean Rioli off royally
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

ealesy wrote:
The fact the AFL let Dunkley and Hamill play Grand Finals despite both committing dirty little snipes durin the preliminary finals must really shit blokes like Jason Cloke, Anthony Rocca and Dean Rioli off royally

Didn't Rioli play in the 2001 GF? He was injured in 2000 otherwise he would have played.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote: Saturday Night / Early Sunday morning 1.30am - one to watch! For all those f****** hidings they've given us - WATCH THIS!
Duration 2 hours 15 min
Key performances: Lloyd's first AFL game - 3 goals, Salmon 8 goals, Wanganeen 4 goals, Cummings 3 goals, Mercuri 3 goals, Denham 31 disposals + 1 goal

I'll be stuffed if I can remember this game which is odd given the belting we gave them.

Will be interesting to see how B. Doolan performs :D :D :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Saturday Night / Early Sunday morning 1.30am - one to watch! For all those f****** hidings they've given us - WATCH THIS!
Duration 2 hours 15 min

I'll be stuffed if I can remember this game which is odd given the belting we gave them.

Will be interesting to see how B. Doolan performs :D :D :D
Don't bother. Had a rare quiet one that day... :wink: :lol:
Essendunny