Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Post by robrulz5 »

Maybe to stop all the threads about players popping up we could have another sub board with a thread for each player for discussion about them.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:Maybe to stop all the threads about players popping up we could have another sub board with a thread for each player for discussion about them.
This.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Maybe to stop all the threads about players popping up we could have another sub board with a thread for each player for discussion about them.
This.
+1

You just know in the 8 hours after a game the top of the forum will look like this:

Dyson ...
Hooker ...
Davey ...
Umpires! ...
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

The umpires thread should be pinned to the top of the board permanently..
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Don't think there's any reason for a sub board - if we created one, there would be very little to discuss on this board!

Let the threads about players develop organically (much like on Blitz) - artificially creating a thread for every player is unneccessary.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Staggy wrote:Don't think there's any reason for a sub board - if we created one, there would be very little to discuss on this board!

Let the threads about players develop organically (much like on Blitz) - artificially creating a thread for every player is unneccessary.
This.

Stop acting like Kevin Bartlett, and leave the f****** board alone.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah i doubt we'll change the board, would like a few extra people however, just mention to friends and stuff and if everyone does that we might get a couple of new people with different views
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Maybe some more females.....my friends know nothing about footy sadly!!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

What a hypocritical thread! The author wants new members but was directly responsible for trying to get me AXED for no good reason! :evil:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Maybe some more females.....my friends know nothing about footy sadly!!
If they're hot I can teach them a thing or two...............................................maybe even something about footy.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

It always amuses me when contributors rather than creators start pontificating about what ought to happen.

I'm just thankful that this forum exists and that for a few years now I've been able to be involved. My initial stimuli was to break he habit of a lifetime - and as pathetic as it might sound - it preoccupied me when I was looking for distractions to give the fags the boot - (of the cigarette variety).

Of couse it'd be great if we could attrack 'like minded' contributors - however being a supporter of this great club is not the only prerequisite.

Athough I've spent the majorty of my adult life dismising cliques and exclusivity - this little corner of my world provides a good deal of enjoyment and anonymous camraderie.

The greatest aspect of the WWW is it's anarchy, anonimity and accessibility. Those who persevere on this site tend to gain credibility.

BT will live and die according to our relevance and need. Let's not attempt to manufacture something that doesn't and can't exist.

I came, I saw, I wasn't Bluey.
What will be - will be.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:It always amuses me when contributors rather than creators start pontificating about what ought to happen.

I'm just thankful that this forum exists and that for a few years now I've been able to be involved. My initial stimuli was to break he habit of a lifetime - and as pathetic as it might sound - it preoccupied me when I was looking for distractions to give the fags the boot - (of the cigarette variety).

Of couse it'd be great if we could attrack 'like minded' contributors - however being a supporter of this great club is not the only prerequisite.

Athough I've spent the majorty of my adult life dismising cliques and exclusivity - this little corner of my world provides a good deal of enjoyment and anonymous camraderie.

The greatest aspect of the WWW is it's anarchy, anonimity and accessibility. Those who persevere on this site tend to gain credibility.

BT will live and die according to our relevance and need. Let's not attempt to manufacture something that doesn't and can't exist.

What will be - will be.
Haha, what a great post.

I laughed at this....
it preoccupied me when I was looking for distractions to give the fags the boot - (of the cigarette variety).
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

=D>
hop wrote:It always amuses me when contributors rather than creators start pontificating about what ought to happen.

What will be - will be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I'll try to stop being a lazy bastard and contribute a few more useless posts from time to time :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy Hille wrote:What a hypocritical thread! The author wants new members but was directly responsible for trying to get me AXED for no good reason! :evil:

Huh? You still pissed over that...get over it junior

(and havent you been the find of the century since joining)

Really looking forward to your next half interesting contribution to this forum.

Pest
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:What a hypocritical thread! The author wants new members but was directly responsible for trying to get me AXED for no good reason! :evil:

Really looking forward to your next half interesting contribution to this forum.

Pest
meeow...
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Pest
meeow...
C'mon Swoods, the guy wont give it a rest, havent we moved on?? I mean seriously.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ha ha..

I can picture Windy saying that in the voice of "Bluey" from the movie Chopper..

"That's the farkun whack!"
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Pest
meeow...
C'mon Swoods, the guy wont give it a rest, havent we moved on?? I mean seriously.
haha...c'mon Windy...are you sure you're over it :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Pest
meeow...
haha...c'mon Windy...are you sure you're over it :lol:

I thought I was