Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Post by rockhole »

tonysoprano wrote:I'm done.

After sleeping terribly over it I emailed the club today:

Subject: please cancel my membership - effective immediately

…and please don’t call asking me why…you already know the answer…unless of course Paul Little calls me himself….then I will happily speak with him.

I though I could never be more disappointed than when the club was banned from the finals, and Hird suspended - but f*** me, this has me floored.
I really feel your pain, Tone.

I really questioned whether I could front up to another season following a team that was so poorly managed. I guess I knew, but it really struck home just what a huge part the EFC plays in my life. So much so, that I could not comprehend a winter without following them.

With Little going next year and the WADA bullshit settled once and for all, I guess we can face some sort of normality and get back to playing some half decent footy. I have experienced several ground zero episodes over the journey, but this will take a monumental effort to get back off the floor.

f*** the club at the moment. It's the players that require the support at the moment and I guess I will be there waving the flag again.

Give it a couple of weeks before you tear the card up. We will get through this.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I just got a call from the club (not Paul Little unfortunately) - but the bloke I spoke too said they've had 400 emails requesting membership cancellations; and a stack of others expressing disgust, sadness, and embarrassment.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

My membership for next year whilst not in tatters is still on the brink. I'm waiting to see what else falls. How the players represent themselves will be the telling sign for me.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I have AFL membershit (accidentally typed that but I'm leaving it), and have kept Bomber club support even though it does next to f'all in Brisbane. Seriously considering switching it to Brisbane.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

gringo wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Blokes had 1 season where he hasn't got 50% or better win record.

Tough crowd.
This year's record could have been tolerated in normal cirucmstances. However these are far from normal circumstances.

The simple fact is everyone needs a new start - the club, players, supporters, sponsors, Hird...everyone.
The players have the right to walk out, to a fresh start with another club and I hope for their sake's that they do. Because as sure as hell, they have very little hope of ever recovering from this saga while attached to the EFC. The EFC has a self inflicted sabotage complex.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Daisy..1 wrote:Is it just me that thinks it's not right to have Jim sit there alongside the little man at this presser? Why does James need to be put through that? He owes noone nothing. He was pushed he should have said stick your presser up your bum! BUT THAT'S JUST JAMES...
Just another kick in the guts which is what Little (the AFL's man) was bought in to do. The whole show is a disgrace. After 65 years this is the worst, the very worst action the club has ever done. I have had enough of the AFL and the EFC.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

s'dreams wrote:[*]LIttle to go as well.... well according to the ABC but not the presser

Hirdy will always be a fave player of mine, but he lost his way this year ... for whatever reason.

When attendance at a home game approaches that of Melbourne you know that the coach had to go.

Yep its a hard call, but I think the only one availab;e for anyone to emerge with dignity.

Thanks to Jim for the memories.
Did it ever once occur to you that supporters and members were voting against the AFL and to a lesser extent the EFC. The club have allowed the AFL to come home to roost. God help the players because the EFC and the AFL won't help or support them.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
boncer34 wrote:I hope what I'm hearing is a load of codswaddle.

Coz otherwise we're about to finally have our exodus.
Spill, c***.
What the Age hasn't printed it for you yet? :lol:
Get your hand off it and spill..
Not much to spill.

Several, well slightly more then several, players have said or indicated they want out today. However being that today was so emotionally charged I think give it a week or so and views might be different.

People need to remember Hird hasn't lost the players, the majority wanted him to continue.
Hasn't it occurred to you that both the club and the AFL want the players to take a deal so the WADA saga doesn't drag on. With Hird still at the club that was unlikely to happen. I hope the players sue the arse of all parties including the EFC.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Megan wrote:My membership for next year whilst not in tatters is still on the brink. I'm waiting to see what else falls. How the players represent themselves will be the telling sign for me.
Me also, I am on the brink. It may wait until after the Board, I want to vote them out. ALL of them. However next time people will be smarter and organise a stacking of the Board unlike when Bomberblitz's vote was responsible to two people who we thought would NOT agree to voting Hird out.

But that worked well it was reported that the Board's decision was unanimous.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:I'm done.

After sleeping terribly over it I emailed the club today:

Subject: please cancel my membership - effective immediately

…and please don’t call asking me why…you already know the answer…unless of course Paul Little calls me himself….then I will happily speak with him.

I though I could never be more disappointed than when the club was banned from the finals, and Hird suspended - but f*** me, this has me floored.
Totally agree mate.

But the membership may be best served voting these idiots out.
I seriously doubt that, the time "the powers that be" will stack the Board. Last time the Members on BB did it. If this doesn't convince you that we have NO power then, nothing will.