Round 2 - Brisbane vs Essendon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Round 2 - Brisbane vs Essendon

Post by j-mac31 »

MH_Bomber wrote:I just want one game soon where just slaughter our opponents so I can relax.
Wasn't it you a few years back who started a thread about being happy that we won while we were struggling to put away shit teams? :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
hop wrote:What I took out of tonight is we need to make a big offer to Eric Hipwood when he come out of contract. This kid could be anything.

We went interstate and won - that'll do for now.
Shit yeah, was thinking the same thing re: Hipwood. Could be absolutely anything.
It was reported last week that Richmond (I think) is making a big offer to Schache. Also one worth going after.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Two wins from 2 games, including one on the road. Kicked over 100 points in each game & kept both opponents under 100 points.
I'll take that anyday - especially when wins interstate area a rarity recently.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Went up for the game and proud we gritted out another win. Our game style and few other things are taking me a while to get use to but the results are working in our favour.

Positives:
- Fantasia continues to impress. Easily could be the best small forward in the league this year in terms of average goals a game along with Eddie Betts. So accurate and stands up when needed.
- Jobe Watson shook of the rust from Round 1 and showed us that he's getting that touch back. Still slightly rusty but think he is loving being able to play freely without the captaincy on his shoulders, but still leading well.
- Zach Merrett wasn't completely clean with his disposals the other night but continues to be the general in the midfield
- Travis Colyer had a super game and I'm liking his role in the team
- Tippa changing the flow of the game multiple times leading to goals
- Joe Daniher seems to be kicking a lot better this week so that's encouraging. He will be such a barometer for us when he gets up and going
- Gritting out the win for the second week in a row after being challenged is a great trait to have
- When we're on we are on. The pace, the pressure and the punishment is great to watch when we're up and running.

Negatives:
- Still need to work on not giving up a goal or two late in quarters we've dominated. Also not giving up 6 goals leads so easily like Essington seem to be good at.
- Hurley still a long way from the player we know he can be and got towelled up the other night. Got canned on Twitter for saying he should be dropped, probably harsh, but he needs to get his touch back before he continues to cost us defensively. With better teams coming up soon we need him at his best. I'm impatient generally so I will try my best to give him more time but it pains me to watch.
- Langford continues to struggle at times in games. Not sure if he's that composed under pressure at times. To his credit after his dribbler shot at goal on the run he backed it up with a set shot goal but very unsure on him in the team to date. Willing to persist another week or so. He likes playing against the Blues so lets see what happens there.
- Goddard does some really silly things sometimes. I don't think he is best played out of the backline personally and feel he'd be of more benefit on a wing and around the goals. Some games his kicks are so precise and penetrating then other times he is shocking and costly.

Overall happy to get the win after it looked like it was slipping our way. Still heaps to work on which is exciting.