Essendon vs Carlton Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
On the Rookie List

Re: Essendon vs Carlton Match Thread

Post by 84859300 »

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha, look at all the empty seats.

Silvertails.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Megan wrote:Gee Fletch has been great tonight.

We've kicked 13 of the last 14 goals.

I know Lloydy has done Lethal's goals, how many does he need to take out the next milestone and move to 6th???

Lucas off the ground... 123 v 59. vingertje

Tho Scotty looks knackered. Ah ha. Helped off the ground, I think he winded himself. Or knocked his scone on the turf. Either way, he's done enough!

All this with one man down on the bench from half time.

And Judd finally does something useful and goals.

123 v 65.
Not just one man. Our #1 midfielder.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

A huge difference is that our kids are workman like and very absolute to their task. Their kids are either showy, or shit.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Fev 7 kicks 3 handballs 6 marks 2 goals 2 points.

How sweet it is not to have this bloke kick 8 and keep them in a game against us. Well done backline.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Lovely win.

I love beating them.

That effort from Lloyd toward the end of the Q2 where Davey goaled was a beauty. I love seeing him impose his big body. 2 big bumps in the space of a metre to let Davey gather and steady to kick the goal and put us in front.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Pouy Fev chucked it in.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Welsh v Judd

30 possies v 22
5 tackles v 3

Pantsed
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

84859300 wrote:Welsh v Judd

30 possies v 22
5 tackles v 3

Pantsed
Was just about to post... up to half time he's done a good job on Judd. Enjoying that little contest.

Jump to the end of the game. Monfries with 5, Lloyd with 4, Lucas with 3... I'm loving it! 69 points over the Bluebaggers. Yeah baby!! :mrgreen:

Can't wait for the second half. :D

... and Daniel just keep vomiting :(

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

BR! Tell him we won, he can stop now!!!!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Megan wrote:BR! Tell him we won, he can stop now!!!!
He loves the big marks and goals. But he's so tired... just go to sleep already.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Gee. Tayte Pears has been sensational in the Q3. 2 goal assists from running the length of the ground and hitting targets in the goal square in Skipworth and Lucas. Fev nowhere to be seen.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Monfries and Stanton have been excellent in the Q3. Great to watch.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That Lovett goal from the pocket was a beauty.. lucky for us the boundary umpire is a moron. No way was that OOF.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

lloyd lucaas circa 2000. thats the way they have to do it week in week out. impressed.
the efforts to get in first and then support the ball carrier really stood out
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Boyler_Room wrote:That Lovett goal from the pocket was a beauty.. lucky for us the boundary umpire is a moron. No way was that OOF.
Agreeed but it was deliberate as all get out .
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

uptick wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:That Lovett goal from the pocket was a beauty.. lucky for us the boundary umpire is a moron. No way was that OOF.
Agreeed but it was deliberate as all get out .
May have been but I don't think it was going to be paid. Boundary umpire gave it OOF. Crazy talk.

Welsh outstanding tonight. Stanton and Monfries had excellent second halves. Davey pretty good tonight. Pear and Hooker both excellent. Lonergan great in tight. Prismall was on show in the second half. Lloyd and Lucas excellent at ground level. Skipworth was good tonight. Ryder good. We were good right across the ground tonight.

Thought we'd really miss Watson. He was probably BOG to the point he went off. The boys stepped up big time after that and were sensational across the ground.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Easily our best game for the year and winning in the manner we did is so much sweeter than the 4 points in R3 :D

Judd is our biatch...he just doesn't impose himself against us and our mids seem to set themselves really well for him...

Paddy and Kruzer for mine was about even with Paddy marginally ahead because of his work around the ground...neither player really dominated...

Pears...stitched up the Chin big time :D

Hooker, was good and will get better with time...up against Hanson, you could see that both were very young developing ruckmen...

Lloydy's second efforts were sensational

Lucas worked his arse off, though he still looks a tad slow for mine...

As stated elsewhere, Fries & Stants quiet in the first half but destroyed them in the second...

Davey, great game, but still seems a bit off the pace with his skills for mine...needs to take have a breath before taking the ball...

Fletch...yet another Fletch game...just like a good bottle of wine, gets better with age :)

Reimers was good, Prismall was ok but disposals let him down a few times...Lonergan, I can't stop singing this kids praises...was definately up there in our best tonight...

Skipworth, showed yet again, why he was a great pick up and IMO has shown that he is more than just depth to our team with his efforts this year :D

All in all...very happy Jan...very very happy :D :D :D :D :D :D vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Loved the way he gave a little kiss to the Carlton supporters over the fence who were obviously getting into him haha.

My thoughts:

Dyson- 6/10 was again very solid across the half back line last night and gave us a heap of run. He has been using the ball well as well.
Watson- 8/10 (up till 1/4 time) was killing Carlton in the middle till he got injured. Is a big loss.
Stanton- 8/10 turned it up in the second half when needed. That goal from outside 50 was great!!
Monfries- 7.5/10 didint get a whole lot of the ball but ended up kicking 5 goals anyway!! Gave former Bomber Bannister a bit of a bath.
Winderlich- 6/10 didint have a huge impact on the game but still created a lot of run.
Prismall- 7.5/10 was again outstanding by foot last night. Another player that lifted in the middle when Jobe went off.
Welsh- 8/10 outplayed and outmuscled Judd for the majority of the match. Is he our best tagger?? 30 possies as well and he spent a large amount of time on the bench in the last quarter.
Lovett- 9/10 Career best form at the moment. Once again terrorised Carlton and kicked 3 brilliant goals. Was tough at the footy as well which was great to see.
Lonergan- 8/10 Gotta love the way Sammy plays his footy!! Is always the last one to get up from the packs.
Dempsey- 5/10 Was brilliant in the first quarter but fell out of the game somewhat after that. Went forward for a while with no success.
Pears- 9/10 Rising Star nom coming up this week surely! Gave the Fev a bath after 1/4 time and was able to run off him up the ground and create scoring opportunites! got about 21 possies in total as well.
Lloyd- 7/10 Solid 4 goal game from the captain who was def too good for Jamison last night.
Slattery- 8/10 I thought Hank was outstanding last night!! Betts may have kicked 3 goals but i thought Slats played him brilliantly. Some of his efforts in the first quarter in particular oozed courage.
Skipworth- 6.5/10 Kicked 2 goals and was again very solid. Not assured a place in the side for next week with the players to come back.
Lucas- 7/10 Looks like an old man these days when playing footy but was still ultra dangerous and kicked 3 goals. His tackling was a highlight last night.
Hooker- 7/10 Another outstanding effort from Cale. Is providing much needed support for Ryder in the ruck and is improving around the ground in every game.
Davey- 8/10 Is there a better defensive forward in the game... i doubt it. His pressure was again brilliant last night. Probably set up at least 4 or 5 goals.
Ryder- 8.5/10 Completely smashed Kruezer in the ruck and around the ground. he also looked very dangerous when he went forward as well. Possible smokey for the B&F.
Fletcher- 8/10 The general of our defence. Played extremely well on Fisher for the most part last night. Has lost none of his athleticism either.
Reimers- 6/10 Didnt have a huge impact on the game last night but he just has that x factor that something will happen when he gets the ball.
Hocking- 8/10 In career best form as well at the moment. Was great in the middle especially in the second half.
L-Murray- 6/10 O'Hailpin smashed him in the first half but he gradually got better as the game went on. May not be able to hold his spot when Snokey comes back next week.

I hope i didint miss anyone!