did you let go last weekend too?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

did you let go last weekend too?

Post by little_ripper »

Last weekend was the tipping point for me. Up to the adelaide game, I still thought we could make finals - do something with this year.

now i don't really care. I couldn't care less about the result tomorrow, and thats sad.

for f**ks sake, what IS essendon?

anyone else feel the same? I mean I suppose we can still make the 8. it is mathematically possible. MEH.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: did you let go last weekend too?

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, I let go last week.....of the remote and a few other items. I no longer care what happens for the rest of the season. I am currently making arrangements for a holiday in September - and so should the players. There would be no point making the 8 only to get the living suitcase kicked out of them. When they are mentally prepared to play AFL footy at the top level, let me know.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

am always interested but tomorrows game is one of those " damned if you win, damned if you dont win" type of games.

Sadly, and in an almost masochistic way, I am almost hoping we lose in order to bring this whole mess that is our Footy club at the moment, to a head
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Windy_Hill wrote:am always interested but tomorrows game is one of those " damned if you win, damned if you dont win" type of games.

Sadly, and in an almost masochistic way, I am almost hoping we lose in order to bring this whole mess that is our Footy club at the moment, to a head
THIS!

Thing is even IF we win tomorrow we'll come out and play woeful against the Eagles or North you can count on it.

THEN we'll pull something out of the hat against Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood. Why? Because the club will set themselves up for the big games. Home games and arch rivals they'll win OR at least lose admirably.

THEN comes Brisbane and after 3 Friday nights on the trot we'll play a Sunday dome against and inferior interstate opponent and play SHIT again.

I can read us like a book.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

brad wrote:
THIS!

Thing is even IF we win tomorrow we'll come out and play woeful against the Eagles or North you can count on it.

THEN we'll pull something out of the hat against Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood. Why? Because the club will set themselves up for the big games. Home games and arch rivals they'll win OR at least lose admirably.

THEN comes Brisbane and after 3 Friday nights on the trot we'll play a Sunday dome against and inferior interstate opponent and play SHIT again.

I can read us like a book.
We should bookmark this and check it at the season's end, because I have an awful feeling, unfortunately, that you may well be exactly spot on, brad. We are so Jekyll & Hyde under Knights (and please don't anyone dare claim this is because we are a young side, you have to expect inconsistency blah blah I am SOOOO sick of hearing that excuse). :evil:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Im feeling a bit uninterested this season as well.... i dont think there was any game (except for maybe beating the Saints) that got me excited this year...

Considering that its Spike's 200th today makes me even more worried that we will lose. :P
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Completely gutted after last week. Will be there today due to some some mascochistic ritual, but the fire has gone out. I watched the Saints and Dogs match last week just to try an refire the boiler but it just made me more angry.

It is like death by a thousand cuts watching us following the same tired script with overuse of the ball culminating in a turnover, resulting in an opposition goal. I cannot think of any other field of human endeavour whereby the same mistakes are made over and over with no attempt to remedy them. It is as if we have a death wish that will not be satisfied until we go through an entire season winless.

Really f***'n depressed!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I let go after the Hawthorn game. Personally, I don't give a f*** anymore, just want Knights replaced at season's end.

Drops Prismall once again, for what?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Get lost Knighta!
Soft prick...
Totally over your shit after sticking up for you for so long...
Destroying our Proud club...

I am totally embarrased but I was wrong You are a Moron... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The sheer inconsistency of our players over the last 3 years is my biggest concern. The fact that after 3 years the coach cant name his best 22 is just jaw droppingly scarey!! However, I fully get where he is coming from - I wouldnt have a clue what our best 22 is. One week we can make St Kilda look second rate, next week Melbourne, a perrenial wooden spooner, is flogging us by 6 goal at half time??

Someone said we are a Jeckyll and Hyde team under Knights - never a truer word spoken. This is fine in season 1, or 2, but by season 3, a coach has to be delivering consistency. Our squad has the potential but mentally have no idea. This is a coaching issue!!

Knights has NO PRESENCE as a coach and this is what worries me. This side needs a leader that will inspire and frighten!! Knights aint it!!

Our players have shown what they can do - so I am prepared to cut them some slack. But to watch players like Prismall, Winderlich, Stanton and Dempsey turn to shite over the last 15 weeks in scary. These guys look like they would rather be elsewhere and frankly who can blame them. These guys are not playing for their mates or the club anymore.

Its over Essendon

Make the changes and send a message to this team that what is happening is not acceptable

Get rid of this coaching panel and get rid of 2-4 players who clearly want to be elsewhere. Its not too late to build a successful team around the likes of Hurley, Ryder, Hocking, Melksham, Pears, Gumbleton, Reimers and Zaharakis