The Rabbit

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
StanMan
Top Up Player

The Rabbit

Post by StanMan »

Well Bomber fans - You all saw it, the Rabbit and his Bunnies in the box and on the field, have continued our spiral towards the wooden spoon with yet another incompenent, embarrassing stuff up at the G.

Prismall, Houli etc left out of yet another a selection fiasco that includes the likes of Jetta, Dempsey and Davey not to mention the goal kicking money man Monfries (not).

I had a gutful of our great club being turned from the top into a laughing stock.

Stan the Man
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The Rabbit

Post by BenDoolan »

Weren't you impressed by our "take the game on" style of play?

I particularly like the bit of play in the 2nd Q where Knights decided to interchange Dempsey while Melbourne had the ball streaming toward goal. Jurrah just walked in and kicked a goal unopposed. Beautiful piece of timing. All coaching manoeuvres just seemed to "click" today....
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Stanton playing out the back pocket in the 1st half - constantly turning the ball over or just being late or lazy at the contest was also a highlight for me.

Not to mention our 'pin-point passing' in front of goals.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The accountability was also great...

Seriously how hard is it to stand next to someone in the opposite jumper while their team has the ball??? ](*,)
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

BenDoolan wrote:Weren't you impressed by our "take the game on" style of play?

I particularly like the bit of play in the 2nd Q where Knights decided to interchange Dempsey while Melbourne had the ball streaming toward goal. Jurrah just walked in and kicked a goal unopposed. Beautiful piece of timing. All coaching manoeuvres just seemed to "click" today....

To be fair to knights on that one. Dempsey is a f***'n AFL footballer if HE CANT recognize the right time to come off then what the fk is he doing there.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Now correct me if Im wrong ( I did have a few Heineys today) but Lonergan was a late change after being dropped, I was really dissapointed to then see him give up on contests way too easy..............oh and he wasnt the only one pissssssssed (off)
I bleed black with a red sash
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

5Alive wrote:Now correct me if Im wrong ( I did have a few Heineys today) but Lonergan was a late change after being dropped, I was really dissapointed to then see him give up on contests way too easy..............oh and he wasnt the only one pissssssssed (off)
yep it's not that he was giving up but more so just getting out muscled and beaten way to easy!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Lonergan (like all the players) has a lot of work to do to stop playing so shithouse. BUT...

Imagine you're a key defender. You play on Riewoldt, Fevola, Barry Hall week after week...the siren goes and you break from the team huddle...and there's Sam Lonergan waiting for you in the goal square.
How could you not burst out laughing?

ffs.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Lonergan was shit in the 1st quarter, but I thought he played pretty well after that. Most of the time he spent up forward, the delivery to him was shithouse. When they moved him into the middle in the 3rd, he was the catalyst for the short lived come back. He needs to play more in the middle cos he can actually win the ball in there.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Gimps wrote:Lonergan was shit in the 1st quarter, but I thought he played pretty ....well after that. Most of the time he spent up forward, the delivery to him was shithouse. When they moved him into the middle in the 3rd, he was the catalyst for the short lived come back. He needs to play more in the middle cos he can actually win the ball in there.
He might've been the game breaker for a while there, until that poor free against him in the centre.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

F111 wrote:
Gimps wrote:Lonergan was shit in the 1st quarter, but I thought he played pretty ....well after that. Most of the time he spent up forward, the delivery to him was shithouse. When they moved him into the middle in the 3rd, he was the catalyst for the short lived come back. He needs to play more in the middle cos he can actually win the ball in there.
He might've been the game breaker for a while there, until that poor free against him in the centre.
That free was a disgrace, just like all the frees that we didn't get.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Haven't seen the game (cept for the last 5 mins or so...when we looked fantastic :? ) and don't intend to either. But from what I've heard from the post match discussions and read on here tonight about some of Knight's moves today, I have just one question ...seriously....IS ESSENDON TANKING ALREADY?...Thoughts??
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Tanking for what? Draft concessions destroy that idea.

I'd be all for it if we were going to land the number 1 pick.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

tanking for a new coach!!
I bleed black with a red sash
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

5Alive wrote:tanking for a new coach!!
haha....oh...that :shock:

As much as I'd like Knights gone, I hope that's not the way things happen....the coach (as hopeless as he may be) is still the boss, and it's the board's job to evaluate (and get rid of) him, not the players'.