Knights Will Never Walk - So What to Do?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Knights Will Never Walk - So What to Do?

Post by Windy_Hill »

You have a two year contract worth probably $1,000,000 - you aint gonna fall on your sword. No matter how much pressure is coming from outside. So what does this mean for Knights ability to do the job? To me, it means that Knights will not/can not have any focus on what is really needed to fix this mess. His focus is on job survival and milking the income for as long as possible.

As such, there is no other choice for the club but to bite the bullet and come up with a settlement agreement - say pay out one season if he walks now.

The membership loss if this goes on will hurt the club more.

The club cannot keep Knights a minute longer. The place needs an immediate change and I am afraid to day, first to be shown the door in these circumstances is the coach.

We have 6 weeks to go, let Gary O'Donnell take the reins and we start the search for a replacement coach immediately - in order to have this person secured before the trade period.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Knights Will Never Walk - So What to Do?

Post by Gyoza »

Was thinking about this on the drive home...

9 months ago I was "moved on" after a relatively short stay with an organisation where I was in a leadership position. The general summary was that senior management knew that:
i) there were problems left over created by the previous manager
ii) I had tried my hardest and used my available knowledge/skills at all times
iii) some people in my department simply didn't know how to do their jobs
iiii) some of the most talented people were being mentally weak and selfish and not performing to the best of their ability
etc...

However they also knew that it was my responsibility to get this moving in the right direction, it just wasn't working out, and in the name of good governance could not be left any longer to just see what would play out.
A settlement was offered and I moved on.

The reason I mention this? To me this is almost word for word the discussion that MUST take place in the offices of the Essendon Football Club tomorrow.
This must be done tomorrow and announced Monday morning.

No doubt you tried your best Matthew, but it's over.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

SACK THE SOFT PRICK!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
This is Not the Essendon that I know and love...
Has turned us into absolute crap...

As for the rubbish that was spoken about during the week - all the players behind Knightmare...
Yer Right Pull another 1 it might play Jingle Bells...

Enough is Enough!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

This is Not Ninthmond this is the once Mighty Essendon Football Club...

Stick your 2010 membership up your ass and get rid of this intruder before he destroys our Club...

Don't worry I will buy next years membership again if that moron isn't in charge...

Have held my tongue up until now but I can't take anymore of this junk football - led by a junk coach...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:Was thinking about this on the drive home...

9 months ago I was "moved on" after a relatively short stay with an organisation where I was in a leadership position. The general summary was that senior management knew that:
i) there were problems left over created by the previous manager
ii) I had tried my hardest and used my available knowledge/skills at all times
iii) some people in my department simply didn't know how to do their jobs
iiii) some of the most talented people were being mentally weak and selfish and not performing to the best of their ability
etc...

However they also knew that it was my responsibility to get this moving in the right direction, it just wasn't working out, and in the name of good governance could not be left any longer to just see what would play out.
A settlement was offered and I moved on.

The reason I mention this? To me this is almost word for word the discussion that MUST take place in the offices of the Essendon Football Club tomorrow.
This must be done tomorrow and announced Monday morning.

No doubt you tried your best Matthew, but it's over.

Knights may still have a career in footy if he takes a settlement and moves on. If he stays to just keep his contract alive, it can only get worse for him and the club. Yes, he is entitled to demand his full payout, but surely common sense will prevail. He you go Matthew, here is $500K, lets call it a day for everyone's sake
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Doubt he's on half a mil nonetheless keeping him will be very costly.
Crowds are down affecting reserve seat money, membership is sinking and what about sponsers plus you'll have TV stations wanting others on next year.
All up it's potentially a lot of money -Millions.Paying Knights off is small beer.
Piss him off at years end before he puts the books in the red for years.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Rover 7 wrote:Doubt he's on half a mil nonetheless keeping him will be very costly.
Crowds are down affecting reserve seat money, membership is sinking and what about sponsers plus you'll have TV stations wanting others on next year.
All up it's potentially a lot of money -Millions.Paying Knights off is small beer.
Piss him off at years end before he puts the books in the red for years.
Putting the books in red is probably the only thing our Board will respond to.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.