10 top reasons for losing tonight's game

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
timbercote
Top Up Player

10 top reasons for losing tonight's game

Post by timbercote »

Any suggestions ?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: 10 top reasons for losing tonight's game

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

No confidence in any of the players...
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Did we tank??????? Can't think of any reasons for losing tonight, surely we wanted to win.

Just on the night West Coast were crap and we were crappier if you know what I mean.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'd throw leadership into the pot here. Just looking at the faces of the players when Knights was addressing them at 3/4 time - they had the same expression I think most of the supporters had - somewhere between shock, horror and pleading... not what you want to see on the guys who can FIX it. They looked - to me - like they wanted Knights to tell them how to fix it.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Megan wrote:I'd throw leadership into the pot here. Just looking at the faces of the players when Knights was addressing them at 3/4 time - they had the same expression I think most of the supporters had - somewhere between shock, horror and pleading... not what you want to see on the guys who can FIX it. They looked - to me - like they wanted Knights to tell them how to fix it.
Yep, the youngins are clueless, and the older guys got too used to Hird going into the phone booth to put on his cape.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

They don't play for each other.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

gringo wrote:They don't play for each other.
That is the main difference between us, Rich and Melb at the moment.... we dont have that desire to play as a team. Its like there is a group of 22 individuals out there just trying to impress to make sure they dont get dropped.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

1. The crapness
2. The shitness
3. The awfulness
4. The rubbishness
5. The patheticness
6. The Knightsness
7. The Sheedyness
8. The Dodoroness
9. Boat People
10. The Mining Tax
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

gringo wrote:They don't play for each other.
Or the jumper.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

Zero Passion .....

I went to the game tonight not caring about the result - win, lose or draw ... all I wanted to see was some passion and spirit and how we backed up after the horror week we have had.

I'm afraid to say that we are in a worse situation then what I had imagined ... there was absolutely nothing there tonight and it's a very very sad day when I was barracking in the second half for an opposition player to kick a higher score then the total Essendon team combined ...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

....and his own team. :roll:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

They don't know what the f*** they are meant to do.

I mean it is obvious that Knights still wants to play and run and gun style of football but has started to throw in talk about defensive structures blah blah blah and also wants them to play a defensive rolling zone.

It is nigh on impossible to play a defensive rolling zone when you are playig a run and gun style of attacking football, particularly when you turn it over as much as we do, because you don't have time to fuckig set up your rolling zone. They are f****** mutually exclusive gameplans that Knights seems to want to f****** combine, which results in absolute ficking choas.

We get the ball and there is no one forward because they are all in the rolling zone or when we turn the ball over there is no one to establish the zone because they've all run forward of the ball.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Their confidence in each other is at the lowest possible.
I have no idea how they are going to get it back by the end of the season.

You just have to look at Adelaide, Hawthorn, Richmond & Melbourne at stages of this year.
All these 4 teams have majorly lost confidence at some stage and never looked like winning another game, yet somehow they are playing for each other once again.
I can't see any change that can make us competitive again. Get back to basics and give them time to grow together i guess?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They didn't look interested at all.
Bomber_wiz
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber_wiz »

they believed that Essendon colours were Blue and Yellow
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

54% kicking effiency after quarter time according to the Sunday Footy Show. What a f****** joke.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

ealesy wrote:They don't know what the f*** they are meant to do.

I mean it is obvious that Knights still wants to play and run and gun style of football but has started to throw in talk about defensive structures blah blah blah and also wants them to play a defensive rolling zone.

It is nigh on impossible to play a defensive rolling zone when you are playig a run and gun style of attacking football, particularly when you turn it over as much as we do, because you don't have time to fuckig set up your rolling zone. They are f****** mutually exclusive gameplans that Knights seems to want to f****** combine, which results in absolute ficking choas.

We get the ball and there is no one forward because they are all in the rolling zone or when we turn the ball over there is no one to establish the zone because they've all run forward of the ball.
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Having been there and sadly witnessed it all before, let me tell you folks....It's the 70's all over again. And I'll give you my little tip now for FWIW ... I think we better get used to it, what with the 2 new teams coming in and from what I seen of Bendigo we aint got nothin comin through.