If we can't change Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
auditor
High Draft Pick

If we can't change Knights

Post by auditor »

Then rid ourselves of the following.

Ashley Prescott
Assitant Midfield coach ...This is his 3rd season he has worked with Scott Camporeale. I'm sorry a waste of money ( One of Knight's Jobs for the boys? ) :oops:

Adrian Hickmott
Development Coach ...GIVE ME A BREAK! former coach of the Bendigo Bombers promoted to senior coaching staff this year...Bendigo's record 2009 Played 20 won 0 #-o

Some may argue I know. Probable replacements I have no idea.

Choco Williams, Simon Goodwin, Andrew Mcleod, Tyson Edwards? :idea:

BTW in church this morning I prayed for egg on my face. Hoping that everything negative I have contributed throughout this forum recently comes back to haunt me [-o<
It just fell out of the sky
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: If we can't change Knights

Post by ealesy »

Can I just ask why you think the assistant midfield coach, Prescott, deserves the arse, but not the midfield coach, Campo?

Our coaching structures are f*****, we recruited the nest development coach in the League from Collingwood, Alan Richardson and what do we do, do we make him our development coach, no lets make him our forward line coach.

We recruited Ashley Prescott on the wonderful work he did developing young Indigenous players in WA. Do we make him our developmental coach, no lets make him the assistant midfield coach.

Who do we make our developmental coach, some ****tard who has come to the club without any f****** experience in a developmental role, who we make the coach of our VFL (so one of his major roles is developing our young talent) and he does it so well, that Bendigo goes through the season without winning a game. What would most clubs do in that situation, probably say thanks but you are clearly not up to it, what do the geniuses at our club do they promote the ****tard to the senior coaching panel and make him the f****** developmental coach.

Anyone who says the is not any area in this club (Board, coaching staff, playing staff, Football Department, membership department etc etc) that isn't a complete f****** rabble, you would have a tough time convincing me.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

All of the above fits the apprenticeship of one Mathew Knights.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Ealesy, Can't argue with your question Re Campo. Rid ourselves of him too.

I do agree also with what you are saying regards the postions that the above appointees are placed in.

The names I suggested were merely names that I put out there.( Choco ) etc. All will be available or at least looking for an opportunity.

What have we got to lose? :-s
It just fell out of the sky
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

OK if Knights survives to next year , the Board MUST INSIST that

He has a senior assistant ( Mark Williams or Hirdy )

A new batch of assistants (existing coaches .... gone , perhaps Lloydy or Lucas as forward coach )

New on field leadership , Watson to remain as captain (but FFS work on your disposal skills over summer), elevate Hille to vice captain , retain Fletch as backline leader & maybe give some of the younger guys a chance to develop some leadership skills. The existing " leaders ? " , McVeigh , Welsh , Stanton going , going , gone. Their " input " has been non existent. Watson as a first year captain has to do all on his own , Hille absence has been fatal for this team in more ways than one. He has a strong presence on the field..
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I can't believe that we kept Hickmott after what happened to Bendigo last season.... what a joke.

Let's get rid of the Carl scum and find some decent assistant coaches to help Knighta dig the club out of the hole it is currently in.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

WHy does O'Donnell escape scrutiny?
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

BenDoolan wrote:WHy does O'Donnell escape scrutiny?
Because he has at least SOME record of success (with Brisbane). Also I think most would believe he 'gets' Essendon as a former captain.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:WHy does O'Donnell escape scrutiny?
Because he has at least SOME record of success (with Brisbane). Also I think most would believe he 'gets' Essendon as a former captain.
He's been in charge of our "defensive actions" for the past 3 years for what result? He's just like the other muppets.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

They should all go and the new coach should select his own people.

Gary O'Donnell, if he was interested, must be ruled out as a replacement for Knights given his involvement in this current situation.
He may be the best option for a caretaker coach for the rest of the season.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I can see how having a defender as a forward coach could work but a midfielder as a defensive coach just doesn't make sense.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:They should all go and the new coach should select his own people.

Gary O'Donnell, if he was interested, must be ruled out as a replacement for Knights given his involvement in this current situation.
He may be the best option for a caretaker coach for the rest of the season.

O'Donnell has me very confused. For a guy who claimed all he ever wabted to do was foot administration, he has certainly been kicking around as an assistant coach for a fair while. Well, I suppose everyone has a mortgage to pay.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Can I just ask why you think the assistant midfield coach, Prescott, deserves the arse, but not the midfield coach, Campo?

Our coaching structures are f*****, we recruited the nest development coach in the League from Collingwood, Alan Richardson and what do we do, do we make him our development coach, no lets make him our forward line coach.

We recruited Ashley Prescott on the wonderful work he did developing young Indigenous players in WA. Do we make him our developmental coach, no lets make him the assistant midfield coach.

Who do we make our developmental coach, some ****tard who has come to the club without any f****** experience in a developmental role, who we make the coach of our VFL (so one of his major roles is developing our young talent) and he does it so well, that Bendigo goes through the season without winning a game. What would most clubs do in that situation, probably say thanks but you are clearly not up to it, what do the geniuses at our club do they promote the ****tard to the senior coaching panel and make him the f****** developmental coach.

Anyone who says the is not any area in this club (Board, coaching staff, playing staff, Football Department, membership department etc etc) that isn't a complete f****** rabble, you would have a tough time convincing me.
I've thought for some time that our assistant coach selections were perplexing at best.

When you put it in one post it is just f*****.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Surely we must look at Laidley?

He got the best out of a very average list and always had them punching above their weight - and lets not forget the conditions he worked under in regard to finances etc....

Is rated as a good tactician etc so I would like to see what he could do as an assistant / game day tactician or some such.

Also he has a bit of mongrel about him which would probably help out a bit with the limp blokes we have running around at the moment!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Couldn't agree more Western Red.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Western Red wrote:Surely we must look at Laidley?

He got the best out of a very average list and always had them punching above their weight - and lets not forget the conditions he worked under in regard to finances etc....

Is rated as a good tactician etc so I would like to see what he could do as an assistant / game day tactician or some such.

Also he has a bit of mongrel about him which would probably help out a bit with the limp blokes we have running around at the moment!
I actually reckon Laidley would struggle to have any short term affect at Essendon, the one thing North Melbourne always he had were players that will not always the most naturally gifted, they were hard at it, accountable, and played as a team.

We've got a team full of soft cock pretty boys all looking to rack up cheap touches so as not to mess up their hair in the course of a game. That is their nature, I really don't know if the majority of them could be taught how to play tough, hard at it, accountable football.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:
Western Red wrote:Surely we must look at Laidley?

I actually reckon Laidley would struggle to have any short term affect at Essendon, the one thing North Melbourne always he had were players that will not always the most naturally gifted, they were hard at it, accountable, and played as a team.

We've got a team full of soft cock pretty boys all looking to rack up cheap touches so as not to mess up their hair in the course of a game. That is their nature, I really don't know if the majority of them could be taught how to play tough, hard at it, accountable football.
But maybe Laidley could instill that in the players and/or get rid of the guys who have been around for a while now and are lazy. [-o<

I like Laidley too.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

if we screw the development of colyer, melk, pears, gumby, zaka, reimers, hurley and all the other sub-50 games players, we're f$#^ed for 10 years. there's little future in the older guys. Hickmott, as "development" coach, must be the first casualty. in the near future. preferably, this week.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

saladin wrote:if we screw the development of colyer, melk, pears, gumby, zaka, reimers, hurley and all the other sub-50 games players, we're f$#^ed for 10 years. there's little future in the older guys. Hickmott, as "development" coach, must be the first casualty. in the near future. preferably, this week.
Wouldn't go past Skippy as the development coach ...

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

sti dreams wrote:
saladin wrote:if we screw the development of colyer, melk, pears, gumby, zaka, reimers, hurley and all the other sub-50 games players, we're f$#^ed for 10 years. there's little future in the older guys. Hickmott, as "development" coach, must be the first casualty. in the near future. preferably, this week.
Wouldn't go past Skippy as the development coach ...

sti
Why would Skipworth be any better than Adrian Hickmott?(who i remember as being a fairly handy player and has experience coaching young fellas).

If i was going to look for a development coach of young guys, I would look no further than someone who has been really successful at TAC Cup/Under 18s. ie perhaps someone like Robert Hyde might be interested?