redemption

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

redemption

Post by little_ripper »

What does it look like for you? What would M Knights have to do to keep his job?

For me he'll need to get us up against either Carlton or Brisbane. (preferably both) as both sides are poo.

And he would need to at the very least get competitive performances out of the rest of our games. The other teams we play are genuinely better sides(north included) so it would not suprise me if we didn't pick up any wins..

IMO he is coaching to save his career, so he should pick the best side each week.(whether or not its 'the best' is debateable).

Anything less(ie 0-6) or more 6+ goal defeats and I reckon he is toast.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Re: redemption

Post by GoalSneak »

He is toast if we finish bottom; otherwise he just might survive as long as we don't get a 20 goal flogging from one of the top 4 contenders.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

little_ripper wrote:What does it look like for you? What would M Knights have to do to keep his job?
He will keep his job just as long as he is breathing... There is no way the board are going to sack him with two years left on his contract
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Beat Carlton and he'll go a long way towards saving his job. I think he already has a 100% win record against the scum so that would almost qualify him for the Essendon Hall of Fame
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

I'll give credit to Knights regarding his press conference today. His determination to get to where he wants to go is I think ligament.

In saying this I think he also needs to start getting angry and maybe even arrogant to some degree.

I also think he needs to draw the line in the sand regarding his players. He needs to command respect which unfortunately I do not think he has at the moment. It might well be that if he can overcome the pressures he is currently experiencing the he may emerge a far stronger coach than he or us ever imagined.

I really hope for both the club, supporters and Knights this comes true but we must also be mindful the clock is ticking on the credibility of this club.
It just fell out of the sky
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

auditor wrote: It might well be that if he can overcome the pressures he is currently experiencing the he may emerge a far stronger coach than he or us ever imagined.

This is an exceptional point and I will absolutley be the first to doff me cap is he does pull the plane out if its current nose dive.

People keep referring to Bomber Thompson as an example of this and he can write his own cheques these days. Perhaps Knighta has a slightly tougher challenge given the cattle he is working with. Time will tell I supose
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

For him to keep the job we would obviously need to win a couple of games but more importantly show something that will give the club hope of improving in the years to come.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

A win on the weekend may cut 'im some slack.

I'll be fair.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Anyone want to waste money on a labotomy?