The Rip Off Raffle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

The Rip Off Raffle

Post by BenDoolan »

Got a call from the EFC on my mobile phone today wanting to sell a raffle ticket. Firstly she engaged in a meaningless conversation like "how do you think the boys will go this week?" After telling her that I think they will be smashed to smitherines, she then waffled on about having a chance to win $30,000 for 1st prize, $5,000 for 2nd and buggered if I know for 3rd because I had lost concentration wondering how much this ticket was going to cost. After she said "how does that sound?" the following exchange occurred;

"How much will it cost me?"
"$200"
"Hahahahahahahahaha.......are you serious?"
"The proceeds will go to helping the boys"
"Oh yeah.....are you trying raise money to buy a decent coach?"
"You'll be helping out the boys"
"Tell them to pull their fingers out"
"I take it you're not interested"
"You got it"

Get rooted.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: The Rip Off Raffle

Post by robbie67 »

ROFL, the f****** hide of this lot down there. I think my old mate Bluey had more of a grip on reality than the current administration.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

BenDoolan wrote:Got a call from the EFC on my mobile phone today wanting to sell a raffle ticket. Firstly she engaged in a meaningless conversation like "how do you think the boys will go this week?" After telling her that I think they will be smashed to smitherines, she then waffled on about having a chance to win $30,000 for 1st prize, $5,000 for 2nd and buggered if I know for 3rd because I had lost concentration wondering how much this ticket was going to cost. After she said "how does that sound?" the following exchange occurred;

"How much will it cost me?"
"$200"
"Hahahahahahahahaha.......are you serious?"
"The proceeds will go to helping the boys"
"Oh yeah.....are you trying raise money to buy a decent coach?"
"You'll be helping out the boys"
"Tell them to pull their fingers out"
"I take it you're not interested"
"You got it"

Get rooted.
Hahaha. Gold. Not a good time to be employed by the EFC to flog raffle tickets.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Thats ridiculous. I'd like to really know where the money was going, surely the club is alright finacially.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Are you sure it was EFC calling BD?? I think you've been punked!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:Thats ridiculous. I'd like to really know where the money was going, surely the club is alright finacially.

Maybe its to raise the cash to pay out Knighta's contract

Shit, put me down for 20 tickets
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I had that call about a month back.

"for the boys" I took to imply the end of year trip, but I have no idea what the funds are intended for?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I thought you were going to be talking about my Crighton medal idea BD

f****** classic though imagine having to sit there and talk to us rabid fans about supporting the club for a living.... I would rather clean peep show stalls for a job
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Are you sure it was EFC calling BD?? I think you've been punked!!
Certainly was! A mate of mine told me he was called about 2 weeks ago (but didn't tell me until tonight). It seems they're calling members over the phone these days.

Oh, and even text messages about "specials" in the Bomber Shop.

Origin Energy nabbed me over the phone to change my gas & electricity....

EFC have certainly got into the world of telemarketing and annoying the shit out of people. I just want the 22 representatives to put in a decent days work on the f****** field.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I got a similar call about a month ago. The bloke who called me firstly said the odds of winning which I funnily enough cant recall at the moment but it wasnt astronomically uncertain. That gave me the clue as to their price before he said it. He was polite and it seemed to me that I would have been one of a long list of rejections he'd received.

If they sold 1000 tickets then that's $ 200,000 they've raised.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F111 wrote:I had that call about a month back.

"for the boys" I took to imply the end of year trip, but I have no idea what the funds are intended for?
They can play for their own bloody end of year trip, they all earn enough!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:I got a similar call about a month ago. The bloke who called me firstly said the odds of winning which I funnily enough cant recall at the moment but it wasnt astronomically uncertain. That gave me the clue as to their price before he said it. He was polite and it seemed to me that I would have been one of a long list of rejections he'd received.

If they sold 1000 tickets then that's $ 200,000 they've raised.
Yes that's right.....she mentioned that there were only X amount of tickets being sold. I can't remember the figure either because I was too busy laughing.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ha ha ha.. I got the call today.

Similar story to Benny.. she fell for it beautifully.

Switch bitch says: "How are you today?"
Gimpa: "Working my butt off, but producing good results.."
Switch bitch: "Oh, that's a great way to be.."
Gimpa: "Yeah, pity the 'boys' haven't taken the same route.."
Switch bitch: "Oh, they are working extremely hard, I'm sure it will pay off in the future.."
Gimpa: "Do you think I will get to see it?"
Switch bitch: "Why wouldn't you see it?"
Gimpa: "I reckon I've got about another 40-50 years in me, you think we might sneak in for a flag by then?"

SILENCE

Gimpa: "Are you there?"
Switch bitch: "Yes, I am here. I was just wondering if you would like to support the boys for all of their hard work (this bemused me after previous comments I made)"
Gimpa: "How much are the tickets?"
Switch bitch: "$200.."
Gimpa: "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I'm really struggling at the moment.."
Switch bitch: "I'm really sorry to hear this.."
Gimpa: "Yeah, I've managed to lose our life savings. I've been backing the Bombers all year, and they have really let me down."
Switch bitch: "Hmm.. so you won't be able to help the boys out at this stage?"
Gimpa: "I doubt that is likely. I was hoping you would be able to give me a chop out?"
Switch bitch: "Sorry, I'm not in a position to do that.."
Gimpa: "Well maybe the BOYS might be able to help me out with the pay-cheques they haven't deserved over the past 6 weeks?"
Switch bitch: "I'm sorry, but I find that highly unlikely."
Gimpa: "No problems. I better get back to it. Begging is hard work.."

End of conversation.

Cheeky bastards got a cheeky response. Harsh, but it's harsh having a team turn me off the sport I love..

I love this "for the boys" bullshit. I might support them if they played like men.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

If they call me I'll ask them where the money is going, none of this "for the boys" rubbish. I'll give them the impression I'll buy a ticket to get them to tell me! :lol:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

It has to be the end of season trip.. Maybe they'll be able to buy a higher grade of hookers (no pun intended) with OUR money.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote:It has to be the end of season trip.. Maybe they'll be able to buy a higher grade of hookers (no pun intended) with OUR money.
They'd still miss the target...
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

Could one of the phone call recipients call the club today and ask them if the telemarketing call is for real.At the same time there are many of us who would like to know what the official purpose of the raffle is .

I'd look forward to reading the response !
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:Ha ha ha.. I got the call today.

Similar story to Benny.. she fell for it beautifully.

Switch bitch says: "How are you today?"
Gimpa: "Working my butt off, but producing good results.."
Switch bitch: "Oh, that's a great way to be.."
Gimpa: "Yeah, pity the 'boys' haven't taken the same route.."
Switch bitch: "Oh, they are working extremely hard, I'm sure it will pay off in the future.."
Gimpa: "Do you think I will get to see it?"
Switch bitch: "Why wouldn't you see it?"
Gimpa: "I reckon I've got about another 40-50 years in me, you think we might sneak in for a flag by then?"

SILENCE

Gimpa: "Are you there?"
Switch bitch: "Yes, I am here. I was just wondering if you would like to support the boys for all of their hard work (this bemused me after previous comments I made)"
Gimpa: "How much are the tickets?"
Switch bitch: "$200.."
Gimpa: "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I'm really struggling at the moment.."
Switch bitch: "I'm really sorry to hear this.."
Gimpa: "Yeah, I've managed to lose our life savings. I've been backing the Bombers all year, and they have really let me down."
Switch bitch: "Hmm.. so you won't be able to help the boys out at this stage?"
Gimpa: "I doubt that is likely. I was hoping you would be able to give me a chop out?"
Switch bitch: "Sorry, I'm not in a position to do that.."
Gimpa: "Well maybe the BOYS might be able to help me out with the pay-cheques they haven't deserved over the past 6 weeks?"
Switch bitch: "I'm sorry, but I find that highly unlikely."
Gimpa: "No problems. I better get back to it. Begging is hard work.."

End of conversation.

Cheeky bastards got a cheeky response. Harsh, but it's harsh having a team turn me off the sport I love..

I love this "for the boys" bullshit. I might support them if they played like men.
:lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D>

That is hilarious!
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I think we officially have our own version of the Hitler Parodies (see You Tube)
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

EFC raffle tickets are usually sent out in the post . This could be a scam.

I've registered on the Govt. "Do Not Call Register" so i don't get any calls from these telemarketing scumbags.

If it is genuine i would be disappointed with the EFC trying to sell tix by this method especially with a vague reason " for the boys " . The " boys " earn plenty , much more than me, let them pay for their trips themselves. At the moment they should be paid only on results. Their current salaries , at least for the last 6 weeks, should be put in a supporters fund for us to buy drinks for having to endure the rubbish they have dished up lately. What a joke, " for the boys" ha