Crunch time at selection

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Crunch time at selection

Post by Madden »

Does Knights keep the young blokes who played well tonight and played well in our last win vs St.Kilda?

Or will we see Welsh, Lovett-Murray, Slattery, Dyson come in for Howlett, Colyer, Houli etc?

Its surely no coincidence that when we play our younger, quicker players we look like a much better side.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Crunch time at selection

Post by Gyoza »

Very good call.
I'll start to give this some serious thought....tomorrow. :P
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BomberinJapan wrote:Very good call.
I'll start to give this some serious thought....tomorrow. :P
Fair enough. I just got homefrom the game and I'm far too drunk right now.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I swear! If Henry Slattery comes in for Howlett or someone who doesn't deserve it I will go to Windy Hill and bash down that selection commitee door. Let the kids play!!! Welsh is done. Hille will be handy..but not expecting him to light the world on fire. Houli is gone, don't know what the big fuss was about him coming in...great skills but nothing more. Leave Colyer in as well as Hardingham. Reimers great skills! I'm still all worked up from the game so excuse the short sentences.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

less talky more drinky
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Does Houli keep his spot?
I bleed black with a red sash
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Staggy wrote:less talky more drinky
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The only changes to the side will be Jetta out and either Longergan/Hille in

All the rest should be persisted with.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I think jettas coming on to be honest
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He will bring in Welsh and Slattery and use the excuse that because of St Kilda's hard midfield, we need the stronger bodies.

I would have

In: Lonergan
Out: Watson (inj.)

If Watson is right to go, then Prismall will probably be dropped. Lonergan must play midfield and only midfield.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:He will bring in Welsh and Slattery and use the excuse that because of St Kilda's hard midfield, we need the stronger bodies.

I would have

If Watson is right to go, then Prismall will probably be dropped. Lonergan must play midfield and only midfield.
whats happened to watson?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:He will bring in Welsh and Slattery and use the excuse that because of St Kilda's hard midfield, we need the stronger bodies.

I would have

whats happened to watson?
Leather poisoning, but also has two bung shoulders because he had 21 players sitting on them tonight.

Seriously, I think he hurt his calf in the 3rd quarter (had the problem during the week) but played out the game. Spew because he always destroys St Kilda.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

5Alive wrote:Does Houli keep his spot?
Houli should get another game next week.

I thought he was good, was on and off the ground a lot, fabulous disposal, did a lot of good things.

The coach just needs to give him a decent run and we'll see his confidence rise and what a good player he is.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Oh P.S.

Slattery, Welsh, NLM and Lonergan, based on last nights effort are not in our best 22.

Last night was not the 10/10 but it showed that a few of the old are now getting or past their used by dates when it comes to this team and its "gameplan".
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

JumboPaddy wrote:Houli is gone, don't know what the big fuss was about him coming in...great skills but nothing more.
Surely he deserves another game.

And all the fuss was because there are certain players that keep getting games and they dont deserve them. While houli continuely gets overlooked. No one was saying he is going to be the next Hird or anything. He is a young player that has skill, pace and alot of potential yet he never gets a gig. And when he does he is the first dropped even though quite frankly he doesnt deserve it.

we know what slatts, welsh, lonergan, dyson etc have to offer and it aint much. lets see what some of the younger players with potential have to offer. that is all anyone is saying.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I agree he should have a few more games...but I don't get excited by him. Yes maybe because Knights never gave him a game etc. but I agree also with he deserves a game over the other players you mentioned. I'd prefer Lonergan over Houli if he were fit.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Hille in if he's fit of course - for Jetta shouldn't upset team balance as we went in with only one ruck

Tyson Slattery, NLM or Atkinson (depending on how things went at Bendigo) in for injured Winderlich (and play Stanton in the midfield rather than defence)

Welsh and Dyson MUST come back through the VFL next week. I will be furious if this does not happen.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hille is a certainty is fit. I think Jetta is the only player that may be omitted and hopefully Jobe will be ok, he played out the game so no reason why he couldn't play next week.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Winderlich out injured. No one mentioned Melksham? Amongst the best for Bendigo this week (allegedly) and would be an obvious replacement for Winderlich.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I thought Houli did alright this week. Nothing special, but probably a more consistent four quarter effort than Lonergan could give us and he's got better skills and a bit of speed.

Also I thought Prismall did well this week and was better in the contested situations.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.