Register Here if You Were Wrong About Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Register Here if You Were Wrong About Knights

Post by Windy_Hill »

This is the thread that you can come to at any stage when you want to make it formally known that you were wrong about Knights and he actually is a very good coach (obviously if you have never bagged the guy then no need to apologise)

Bookmark this thread if you think you may need to come back in th future
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Register Here if You Were Wrong About Knights

Post by robbie67 »

Lots of support so far. We won last night in spite of the fool. Definately not because of him.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Nope,Nien,Nix.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah great our game plan works against a injury ravaged team struggling to make the 8 about 25% of the time.......

not to mention we won all that stats but the 1st qtr was the only qtr we won apparantly

what a super coach sign him up for 10 years!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I haven't given up on knights but was getting close based on last 6 weeks. Still one win albeit a defenseless shootout doesnt change much for me but its good to see the young talent that he has recruited do well last night.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Makes a difference when you have forwards playing in the F50 who take marks and kick goals.....
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I agree with all the comments above. One win against VERY ordinary opposition might have (for the moment) saved his job, but I don't think it proved anything whatsoever about Knights' capabilities as a coach.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Win lose or draw last night I must say it was pleasing to see that we at least tried harder than we have over the last few miserable weeks. I will say however this game appears to have been won at the selection table but I still remain unconvinced at this time that was the case. It was good to see Zaka in the midfield instead of being used as a small forward.
It just fell out of the sky
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

It was great for the boys to celebrate a win and get some of their confidence back but it hasnt really changed all that much...

If we knock off the Saints and Blues in coming weeks then maybe I will get more excited!!
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Well done last night Bombers...
Excellent Win...
However still way off from being convinced that Knighta is the right Man for this club.
Credit where Credit is due though.
Good job Finally...
Now time to back it up next week... :wink:

Food for thought - so much talk about Houli and Guess what Houli in the side and we Win??? with aggression and playing with Pride...
Coincendence? Who knows...?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Massively jumping the gun with the thread title.
Having the team play like they gave a shit was a must (for the club as a whole, and for Knights to show he has things somewhat under control), and this occurred last night.

As has been suggested in another thread, selections for next week will play a very big part in showing us the direction the coach is heading and my opinion is very much on hold waiting for this.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:Massively jumping the gun with the thread title.
Having the team play like they gave a shit was a must (for the club as a whole, and for Knights to show he has things somewhat under control), and this occurred last night.

As has been suggested in another thread, selections for next week will play a very big part in showing us the direction the coach is heading and my opinion is very much on hold waiting for this.

Not jumping the gun at all. This thread is for future reference and does not reflect my personal view. It will be here for whenever, (if ever at all) people are prepared to say they got it wrong with regards to Knights

Let me stress again, this is not my view as of today. However, it may be the view of some people, today, next week or next year. Simply come back whenever you wish to register your about face
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

No worries....just the facilitator hey? :P
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:No worries....just the facilitator hey? :P

You got it :)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Glad the team had a win ... and especially glad for the youngsters.

But sorry to rain on the parade.

We won by 3 points against a fast finishing team bottom 8 team that had two of their key defenders as late wihdrawls and lost one of their best players in the warmup (so that the coach was stuffing for around for 10 minutes trying to get a late replacement rather than coaching) - and due to misinformation ... rather than replacing Wells with a like for like running player, played a ruck/forward who was kackered from playing that afternoon in the VFL (Hale only played 40% gametime).

The team has a long way to go before I would express confidence we are on the right track. Though it must be said that I welcome the youngsters getting game time and demonstrating their worth.

Further - Mr Knights should learn that a bare win against a depleted side is not an excuse for a lack of dignity at the press conference and an excuse to take a swipe at some unnamed (but apparently multiple) individuals.

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Think Knights was right with what he said in the press conference, but I don't think he needed to say it. To me, that shows that his mind is somewhere else, worrying about things out of his control. If we win the next 5 matches, no one will say a word, that's all Knights needs to worry about.

I said form the start that Knights could be good for us as his first intention was to clean out the dead wood (check) and improve our skills. On a whole, our skills have improved (bar the past 6-8 weeks) when you compare how we were in the last 3-5 years of Sheedy. In Knights earlier years, he made the players have a skills session AFTER training was complete because "we need to be able to hit targets when we are fatigued". To me, that is good "outside the sqaure" thinking which is refreshing.

The sooner Knights stops over-rating the list, stops being optimistic about certain players and be realistic, he will become a better coach.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Rossoneri wrote:Think Knights was right with what he said in the press conference, but I don't think he needed to say it. To me, that shows that his mind is somewhere else, worrying about things out of his control. If we win the next 5 matches, no one will say a word, that's all Knights needs to worry about.

I said form the start that Knights could be good for us as his first intention was to clean out the dead wood (check) and improve our skills. On a whole, our skills have improved (bar the past 6-8 weeks) when you compare how we were in the last 3-5 years of Sheedy. In Knights earlier years, he made the players have a skills session AFTER training was complete because "we need to be able to hit targets when we are fatigued". To me, that is good "outside the sqaure" thinking which is refreshing.

The sooner Knights stops over-rating the list, stops being optimistic about certain players and be realistic, he will become a better coach.
Rossonei

Was not commenting on whether he was right or not - just that the comments IMO were demeaning.

Frankly - the best thing for Knights would be for the club or the coaches' association to get Knights a mentor (not in the box or at training) - just someone who has been through a similar situation and can talk things through with Knights - Bomber Thompson would be ideal as he weathered years of failure before the team hit their straps - but he is otherwise occupied. Frankly Plough, Spud and Walls wouldn't be much good. Any ideas?

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

If knights had a coffee with Lethal once a week, for his perspective i think it would be a good thing.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lets not Judge Knights today (unless you feel strongly either way about this coaching abilities)

I would think 90% of us have taken a few pot shots at him over the course so I am just thinking ahead and creating a thread that allows any one of us to come back in the future and say sorry Matty, I was wrong.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm hoping in the next 5 weeks the club can show that we are headed in the right direction. i'm sure someone will bump this thread after round 22!