The Howler

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

The Howler

Post by hillchaser »

Is it just me or is Howlett a standout. This guy has made a huge difference in our midfield ! Last few weeks has has been in our leading possesions and more importantly has lead our tackles in the last two weeks. Everyone is excited about our hurley and others but we are going nowhere without this guy. He's actually brought a bit of hardness into ou midfield which we have missed for a long time. Watching him on tv last night he was super important at the stoppages.

Having said all this he'll probably get dropped to make way for dyson or welsh
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: The Howler

Post by Rossoneri »

Should never have been dropped to begin with. I don't mind if him, Melksham, Coyler and others get a chop out every 4-5 weeks as a bit of a break, but these guys must be playing seniors. Howlett runs hard, tackles with gusto and breaks the lines. Kicking is ok but can kick on either foot.

We have been sooking all year that we didn't get Barlow, yet Howlett is also off the rookie list.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He is a tough little nugget thats for sure. Watched him live playing for Bendigo a couple of times and his workrate was first class. He could be that in and under clearance player we have been crying out for to help Jobe every week!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Really impressed with this guy and not only goes and and gets it, but usually does something with it. Has more composure than Sammy, is totally fearless and I see a great future for him.

I thought this post was about Reimers and his play on miss for goal.

He should be forced to wear black boots for the remainder of the season. :D :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Had him in my best this week - hard to believe this is his first year of AFL - looks really poised - great pick (and looked like it from day 1 to be honest)

Midfield looking better all of a sudden. Still think we should work hard to bring a 23-25 year old gun player in from another club to add some icing to the cake
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Howlett might be the new Misiti!

Quietly accumulates his possessions and surprises everyone on the stats sheet at the end of the game. Effectiveness is noticed best on the replay!

I thought Reimers should've worn trad black boots last night, 'cause most were wearing the bright yella! He did ok Reimers, but a couple of headstrong mistakes meant he should've been better.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

F111 wrote:Howlett might be the new Misiti!

Quietly accumulates his possessions and surprises everyone on the stats sheet at the end of the game. Effectiveness is noticed best on the replay!

I thought Reimers should've worn trad black boots last night, 'cause most were wearing the bright yella! He did ok Reimers, but a couple of headstrong mistakes meant he should've been better.
Quietly??? He has the biggest cheekyist (is that a word?) grin every time he gets the ball - really enjoys his footy.

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

sti dreams wrote:
F111 wrote:Howlett might be the new Misiti!

Quietly??? He has the biggest cheekyist (is that a word?) grin every time he gets the ball - really enjoys his footy.

sti
No, but cheekiest is a word. :D
Howlett is a ripper, very composed when he gets the footy and is hard at it too. Never ever gives up on a contest, always desperate to chase the 'second' ball etc.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He has been good in every game he has played so far. Hopefully he is kept in the side for the remaining 4 games.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:He has been good in every game he has played so far. Hopefully he is kept in the side for the remaining 4 games.
Spot on.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yep, love his work.

On his tackling though, sometimes players bounce straight off him - one terrible one just before halftime against Melbourne.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.