Darren Bewick

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Darren Bewick

Post by Ossie »

Does anybody have any idea what Boris is up to these days?
I have a 2000 Premiership jumper that I have signed by most of the squad, but I am missing just a couple of signatures before I can frame the thing.
Got Dean Wallis' today at Freo training.

Still missing:

Bewick
Lucas (works at SEN, no probs for me there)
Barnes (coaching the Doutta Stars ... will have to get out there at some point)
Sheeds (will get him somewhere with GWS in the next few months)

Any clues?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Darren Bewick

Post by Windy_Hill »

Was coaching Gippsland u/18's - i remember he coached Jason Winderlich
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Was coaching Gippsland u/18's - i remember he coached Jason Winderlich
Nah, he's moved on from there.
He was an assistant to Dean Laidley at North last year but moved on when Brad Scott arrived.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

He is coaching Eastern Ranges in the TAC U/18 comp
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

THE Eastern Ranges are in for another competitive season in the TAC Cup, according to new coach Darren Bewick.
Bewick believes at least six players will draw the attention of AFL recruiters, with Kieran Harper and Cameron O'Shea impressing the new coach during pre-season training.

Bewick, however, said he wanted all players to realise their potential.

"There's a lot of new boys in the system. But, as long as they're developing and playing to the best of their ability, they're going to give themselves a chance to be recognised by an AFL club," Bewick said.

"Without naming any, I think there's going to be at least half-a-dozen that is going to be in the mix. Ultimately, what they do with their season and how much work they put in will decide their fate at the end of the year when the draft comes around."

The Ranges reached the preliminary final last season and Bewick is confident they will be challenging the top teams again this season.

Bewick was surprised by how quiet the players were when he started coaching the squad but they were now beginning to express their personalities.

"I think they'll be competitive like they always are," he said.

"As a group they're slowly coming together. They've been fairly quiet, obviously, with a new coach coming in.

"We're both testing each other out, I'd imagine, and seeing what personalities and individuals we have."

Bewick previously coached Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup, in 2001-02, before going to Darwin to head the Northern Territory Institute of Sport's under-16 and under-18 AFL programs.

He was an assistant-coach at North Melbourne until Brad Scott's appointment as senior coach last year.

"When the new coach came in he brought in his own people, I felt it was the right time for me to go out and coach in my own right again. I looked around and I was more than happy when offered the job in the under-18 system again," he said.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I remember having a similar problem when i needed a few players to complete the set of my premiership cards from 2000 which included the emergencies on the day. I needed sean denham, which i got at the 1993 premiership team 10 year anniversary in 03. And the other was Michael Prior. I got his the following year in 01' at a preseason game at docklands when he was at west coast... he signed the card (which was nice of him) but on the signature wrote his new number of #16 (i think) instead of 15.. i dunno if it was an up yours to me and/or the club.. or he simply does his signature on impulse. Im guessing the first option judging from my observation on the particular day :)

Despite that i had the number removed from the card and it looks nice :P

now i have the set :)

Actually been sitting on it for years.. framing can be so expensive and i have never actually gotten around to it since 03.. but i have fond memories of collecting the signatures. most were obtained the following preseason with the players in such high spirits.. most read their stats on the back, had a laugh at the others expense and were generally rapt to be on premiership cards. They all signed to the best of their ability.. as some might have noticed here that higher profile players can be lazy and scribble jiberish at times due to the amount that have to endure every training session. But yeah.. was probaly my last real experience / desire to get signatures from the players at training.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Nice one, thanks guys.
I see the Ranges are at home at Box Hill oval on Aug 22 - might have to swing over and tick off another one.
Cheers. =D>