Jake Carlisle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Jake Carlisle

Post by DYSON#2 »

must be blooded, starting against collingwood. that is all
Scott
On the Rookie List

Re: Jake Carlisle

Post by Scott »

Asked the question in another thread. We had nothing to lose tonight by playing this kid, we have unearthed something special in Hardingham, we should be looking at this kid as well.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Scott wrote:Asked the question in another thread. We had nothing to lose tonight by playing this kid, we have unearthed something special in Hardingham, we should be looking at this kid as well.

I thought he was injured?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, I agree Mr Dyson.

The cue is definitley back in the rack so you may as well see how guys like Carlisle, Anthony Long and Marigliani go at AFL level.

Don't bother with Slattery H, Welsh, Quinn, Prismall, Neagle et al for the rest of the season.

But none of this will happen.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

If Carlisle backs up last weeks performance for Bendigo today then Im sure his name will definately come up for selection again next week.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Carlisle is very underdeveloped physically but looks a really good prospect for next year. I wouldn't play him against Collingwood, it would destroy his confidence if not his body, but would give him a try against Brisbane. Lovett-Murray at CHF against Collingwood for mine, should have been played there last night.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

GoalSneak wrote:Carlisle is very underdeveloped physically but looks a really good prospect for next year. I wouldn't play him against Collingwood, it would destroy his confidence if not his body, but would give him a try against Brisbane. Lovett-Murray at CHF against Collingwood for mine, should have been played there last night.
Yay someone else that thinks that Natrat is dangerous on the forward line.... has kicked bags of 4 goals a few times in his career and can take a nice mark!!

Carlisle is super skinny (like most of the young guys on our list it seems) so maybe the match against the Lions would be a better outing for him!!
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
GoalSneak wrote:Carlisle is very underdeveloped physically but looks a really good prospect for next year. I wouldn't play him against Collingwood, it would destroy his confidence if not his body, but would give him a try against Brisbane. Lovett-Murray at CHF against Collingwood for mine, should have been played there last night.
Yay someone else that thinks that Natrat is dangerous on the forward line.... has kicked bags of 4 goals a few times in his career and can take a nice mark!!

Carlisle is super skinny (like most of the young guys on our list it seems) so maybe the match against the Lions would be a better outing for him!!
Lovett-Murray is a forward (preferably a flanker but could fill in in a key position) who can pinch hit on the wing or in defence if really, really desperate. Successive Essendon coaches have not realised this to his detriment and ours.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

May as well play him and despite being very skinny he won't be thrown around by the Collingwood defenders - because the ball won't be near him.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

I have always thought NLM was dangerous up forward. He can mark, and he does have a physical presence when he is on the field. Wouldn't mind him out of the goal square actually