Which Club would You Join

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Which Club would You Join

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ok, so you are Jarred Brennan, a half decent player with some trade appeal, you have two of the biggest clubs in the land, Essendon and Carlton ready to offer you the family jewels.

Which one would you choose and for what reasons, and why not the other team
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: Which Club would You Join

Post by andrewb »

Essendon, because I'm close to Gary O'Donnell and he's been trying to get me down here for three years.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

GC has a few more jewels to offer plus does not have to worry about trading.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Calrton, as they are sponsored by a shady organisation who will pay me outside of the salary cap.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:GC has a few more jewels to offer plus does not have to worry about trading.

They have to worry about trading if they still want Rischatelli. They can only get one uncontracted player per club, anything more, they have to trade for.

It depends what he wants. If it's just about the cash, he will go to Gold Coast. Carlton probably have the clout to convince him that If he wants to be a role type player, he could play in a contender. If he wants to be one of the best 3 or 4 players at a big club, and have a major role, Essendon may be able to convince him of that.

I'm not sure about him. He reminds me a lot of Cupido. All the talent in the world, but lacks application or brains. That being said, he would be the most skilled player on our list should he come here.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Why the f*** are we going for him? We'll start challenging about the same time he retires.

We need players 23 or younger. Just wasting everyone's time otherwise.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

He can go to Carlton, don't want him.

This one handed bullshit doesn't make him a "freak" just a lazy idiot.
If you watch him when he does the one handed BS and tries to kick with it while under pressure he shanks the footy severely, because of an atrocious ball drop.

Would rather develop our own player. Carlisle is just as athletic.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So if he is not exactly the type of player the club needs (and I agree with this sentiment) shouldnt we simply come out and say, as much as we respect Jarred as an individual and a player, Essendon football club will be targeting the best under 24 mid-fielders in the land.

Lets get it out there now
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 13qee.html
"Essendon, with room in its salary cap, is in the market for a midfielder and would be attracted to the idea of the big-bodied Brennan being able to be used in the centre square."
:?

I'm not sure anyone would really want to come to Essendon would they, given the shit happening on and off the field.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I don't see him adding much to our list, as others have said we need midfielders and not half forward players who only run one way.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:I don't see him adding much to our list, as others have said we need midfielders and not half forward players who only run one way.
Yep and he's probably a little too old for us. Although we got Williams so who knows.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He has actually worked very hard on the defensive aspects of his game. Still inconsistant though. Similar to Ryder in that his good games are excellent but doesn't play enough of them.

I think he would be a good pick-up, he is around the the hunj game mark which exactly where we're lacking ATM.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

he is 26. so you reckon he prob has 2 years left at his best. might get 4 good years out of him if we are lucky.

might help the dons find that extra 5 wins required for finals footy. would be a much better recruit than mark williams has been.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

wait until the EFC are sorted in a few weeks, if we are under a good strong coach then id come to Essendon simply because me (Jazz) thinks Carlton can't win a flag with their list, but at least Essendon are yet to find out.

if we are stuck with knights then if i were Brennen id laugh on the floor at the very phone call, why the f*** would anyone want to come and throw everything they have learned out the window?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

at his best he is overrated. He is also extremely inconsistent.. would not suit what is an already inconsistent group of players.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hope he chooses Carlton. Over-rated footballer!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

I think he would have to determine exactly what kind of role each club was expecting of him...

As a supporter it's hard to know if he would be any good for us because at this stage I honestly do not know who will be coaching us next year. It might be that a change in game plan may well accommodate him but under the current style I don't think so.
It just fell out of the sky
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Why in the name of sweet Moses in a basket are we looking at Jared Brennan? Most inconsistent, over-rated footballer in the comp! [-X
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Ossie wrote:Why in the name of sweet Moses in a basket are we looking at Jared Brennan? Most inconsistent, over-rated footballer in the comp! [-X
"Why in the name of sweet Moses in a basket am I looking at Essington ? Most inconsistent, over-rated football club in the comp!" : Jared Bennan
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.