Ben Howlett

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Ben Howlett

Post by paddyl90 »

Can I please be #1 member of the Ben Howlett fan club :P ! I'm claiming this kid, many of us prolly know, that he is going to be a very good player.

The kid is amazing. It's been a joke that he hasn't had more chances this season. I see him becoming an A-grader and a part of our next premiership team (should we get there). Watson, Winderlich, Ryder, Melksham, Zaharakis, Howlett chuck in Colyer god that future midfield looks exciting. Hope players like Welsh & Lonergan don't get a chance in there before those guys.

Liked Myers tonight too in a defensive role to cover after Hooker went down. If Howlett or Myers get delisted or some crap i will go ape!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ben Howlett

Post by swoodley »

Made some mistakes tonight but he did his best to immediately make up for the error. Great 2nd and 3rd efforts.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

His disposal and efficiency thereof is horrid.

However his contested possession numbers are second to none.

Still at this stage id take him ahead of Lonergan or Slattery by the length of a 10 foot clown pole.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Like his effort but he lacks polish and X factor

Having said that, he has been better than all barring Fletcher, Hocking and Watson this year.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Has been good when given a chance but turns the ball over alot including twice within 30 seconds tonight.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Sorry Jumbo .. I was in first....Leads the tackle count every week he has played. Not bad for a guy of the Rookie list.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Been loving his work from very early on.

Great work rate to go in and win the ball as well as tackle. Some work on his kicking would be good over summer.

Definitely a better player than SLattery and Lonergan already.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Another gem off the rookie list... lets hope this is only the start of a promising career!!!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

nomolos wrote:His disposal and efficiency thereof is horrid.

However his contested possession numbers are second to none.

Still at this stage id take him ahead of Lonergan or Slattery by the length of a 10 foot clown pole.
Reminds me a lot of Swann ... but without the tatts and the need for bench rotation. He also looks like he loves being out on the ground ... a definate plus.

S'D
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)