3 points on Marigliani

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

3 points on Marigliani

Post by j-mac31 »

From last night
1. I thought last night was a bit of a waste having him in the forward line nearly all night. We have been crying out for inside hope for Timmy for years now (Howlett is certainly some of that) and Marigliani has the big body that could be very effective in the centre square and last night would have been a great test up against Boyd and Cross. Now we won't know how iseful he'll be until next season IF he stays at Essendon AND IF he gets a game.

Generally
2. I don't think he's done enough to warrant a spot on the senior list. However Howlett has, so Marigliani should probably be the first to go up if we get a long term injury.
3. He could be a really handy player under the new interchange rules, as he can genuinely play forward as well as in the middle.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Re: 3 points on Marigliani

Post by GoalSneak »

No need to get rid of him, just send him back to the rookie list for another year.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

GoalSneak wrote:No need to get rid of him, just send him back to the rookie list for another year.
agree 100%.... would be a certainty to happen.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Why would we stick him back on the rookie list? He's played a couple of games now and shown a bit - put him on the senior list.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Ossie wrote:Why would we stick him back on the rookie list? He's played a couple of games now and shown a bit - put him on the senior list.
its a matter of spots being available on the list.... i would only elevate Howlett at the moment. Rigga can have 3 yrs on the rookie list and could be our automatic elevation next season.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Ossie wrote:Why would we stick him back on the rookie list? He's played a couple of games now and shown a bit - put him on the senior list.
its a matter of spots being available on the list.... i would only elevate Howlett at the moment. Rigga can have 3 yrs on the rookie list and could be our automatic elevation next season.
If it was up to me, I'd elevate him now and delist some of the deadwood we've got already.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Agree - Howlett definately deserves promotion.

However - I'd be tempted to elevate Crameri before "rigga" - to me he shows better great potential

S'D
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Ossie wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd elevate him now and delist some of the deadwood we've got already.

This sounds good and with a decent new coach could happen.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I guess it depends how many new kids we want to draft in.

Anyone know when rookie upgrades have to be done by? If possible, may as well wait until after the draft. If we don't like the look of enough players to fill the list, promote one or both of Marigliani and Crameri.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.