BOMBER?????

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

BOMBER?????

Post by Daisy..1 »

CURRENT Geelong coach Mark Thompson has been heavily backed to take over the reins at Essendon.
The former Essendon premiership captain has been backed from $101 into $2.75 to be the next Bombers coach with online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au.

Yesterday, Thompson was listed at $101, but by 11pm he was into $2.75 only behind Mark Williams ($1.75) and Alan Richardson ($2.50) in betting.

"We trimmed Thompson's price pretty quickly when the bets started rolling in, but he was backed the whole way down from $101 into $2.75 and we're still taking bets at that price," Sportsbet.com.au’s Haydn Lane said.

"It's certainly interesting considering Thompson is contracted to Geelong until the end of 2011."

On Sunday Richardson was backed from $2.25 into $1.75 before drifting to $2.50.
Image]
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: BOMBER?????

Post by uptick »

Seriously bizarre, perhaps its the filth trying to destabilize the pussys finals preparation.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I wonder how much money it takes to move this market?

I would love an insider to spill the beans. I've got a hunch its not a lot of dough.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It is called viral marketing people and clearly it has worked... We have no chance of getting Bomba
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lets say Geelong win the flag. There is not much more he can achieve at the club. It would be a great opportunity for him to leave on top. The club may be open to releasing him and letting Sanderson take over.

Essendon offer Bomber 2 years to stabilise the team with J Hird as his apprentice - a Malthouse/Buckley type deal. Bomber can leave footy at the end of 2012 in line with his earlier stated desire.

Its not out of the question
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lets say Geelong win the flag. There is not much more he can achieve at the club. It would be a great opportunity for him to leave on top. The club may be open to releasing him and letting Sanderson take over.

Essendon offer Bomber 2 years to stabilise the team with J Hird as his apprentice - a Malthouse/Buckley type deal. Bomber can leave footy at the end of 2012 in line with his earlier stated desire.

Its not out of the question
that's the best thing I've ever heard you say Windy !

Maybe the best thing anyone has ever mentioned on this site. ( Apart
from the time I suggested that Hardwick would make a good senior coach, or that Dyson was not up to afl football.)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

There is a $500 payout cap on this form of betting, so unfortunately as much as I would like this to mean something, it means nothing.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe he will arrive at Windy Hill on a flying pig?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:There is a $500 payout cap on this form of betting, so unfortunately as much as I would like this to mean something, it means nothing.
It is a horribly risky market to offer that is why the AFL dont like agencies running them