Mundy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Mundy

Post by boncer34 »

Sounds more and more like its down to us and Richmond. Question is what do we give up for him? I know pick 8 has been thrown up but I'd honestly expect something more then Mundy for pick 8, maybe Mundy+ 2nd Round for pick 8? Other thing I'm hearing a lot is that Freo are sniffing around for a tall backman and in Essendons case they are looking at Hooker. Thoughts on that?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Mundy

Post by Sismis »

As much as i rate Hooker, we have talls, we need units like Mundy. As per the Davey - Jones trade, we must be willing to give something up so we can lock these trades away quickly.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Wouldnt mind giving Hooker away... IF we know for sure that Daniher is going to make it as a player....

Hooker will find it hard to get in the side next year with Fletch, Hurley, Pears and Hardingham all available.

Hooker and our 2nd pick to the Dockers for Mundy and their 3rd pick...??
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

According to this:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5922948353

he is waiting until after the brownlow.

fair enough too. no doubt he has got a meeting booked with Essendon, Richmond and maybe a gold coast rep will head down there to say hi as well.

he is on 550K :shock: a year at the dockers. man i cannot believe the dough footballers get paid. he obviously wants to move for 600K.

(i wish i could ask for 50K payrises.....oh how sweet that would be).
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mundy is easily worth Pick #8 on his own...talk of him and another pick for Pick #8 are probably the reason that we never seem to get good players from other clubs....for some bizarre reason, we seem to value our picks/players higher than players that we want :?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Spot on Swoods. We need to let everyone know we are fair dinkum about trading from the outset so the other teams are willing to give us the time.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:As much as i rate Hooker, we have talls, we need units like Mundy. As per the Davey - Jones trade, we must be willing to give something up so we can lock these trades away quickly.

100% Agree
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

With Tarrant leaving Freeo a three way trade involving Hooker & a second round pick together with a third club's second round pick might be a good option...

Dawks may give up the GC Concession for Tarrant too...
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Whatever it takes do it!
It just fell out of the sky
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yep, Hooker is tradeable, regardless of how Daniher turns out.

I still think we should look getting Palmer as well, if possible.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

f*** me...you lot are amazing...Hooker is 196cm and around 100kg and only 20-21...he is only going to get better as OUR chb and you want to give him away. :?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:f*** me...you lot are amazing...Hooker is 196cm and around 100kg and only 20-21...he is only going to get better as OUR chb and you want to give him away. :?

Because right now, 196cm tall defenders are not going to win us a flag

We have to build up a mid field and that will mean trading in areas in which we have some fat - tall KPP's of medium to unknow quality is where we have fat.

I would trade Hooker for Mundy in a fricking heartbeat
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

i think pick 8 would secure mundy, no player would need to be involved.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:f*** me...you lot are amazing...Hooker is 196cm and around 100kg and only 20-21...he is only going to get better as OUR chb and you want to give him away. :?

We have to build up a mid field and that will mean trading in areas in which we have some fat - tall KPP's of medium to unknow quality is where we have fat.

This, plus we have Hurley and Pears, who are better.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Windy_Hill wrote:

I think this is spot on.

If you look at the question *Should we trade Cale Hooker?" in isolation, then it is a laughable idea.
But you have to look at every trade based on what you're going to get out if it, and Hooker for Mundy would seem reasonable. Would have to try our hardest to make it Mundy for a pick or someone like Hardingham instead though before we said goodbye to Cale.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

hardingham looks alot better than cale in his few senior games.

id much rather keep kyle.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

I think this is spot on.

If you look at the question *Should we trade Cale Hooker?" in isolation, then it is a laughable idea.
But you have to look at every trade based on what you're going to get out if it, and Hooker for Mundy would seem reasonable. Would have to try our hardest to make it Mundy for a pick or someone like Hardingham instead though before we said goodbye to Cale.
Not even Freo would accept a straight Swap for Mundy, not with Gold Coast lurking with high draft picks to give away. I would imagine that we would need to offer up Cale plus another player and/or draft pick. There is a reason why Mundy is being offer 600K and Hooker is content to pocket his $150K a year
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Ummm ... before we alk of trading Hooker to Freo ... we have to ask what does Freo need?

From the Freo chatrooms ... they seem to be keen on a readymade rebounding defender to replace Tarrant or a marking forward.

Sorry ... but Hooker isn't either of these.

Dyson anyone?

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

s'dreams wrote:Ummm ... before we alk of trading Hooker to Freo ... we have to ask what does Freo need?

From the Freo chatrooms ... they seem to be keen on a readymade rebounding defender to replace Tarrant or a marking forward.

Dyson anyone?

s'd
lol surely even they're not that retarded these days.
Dyson is ready made to do what...?

Hell, if you're right though, would approve that deal in a heartbeat.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BomberinJapan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Ummm ... before we alk of trading Hooker to Freo ... we have to ask what does Freo need?

Dyson anyone?

s'd
lol surely even they're not that retarded these days.
Dyson is ready made to do what...?

Hell, if you're right though, would approve that deal in a heartbeat.
Yeah well ... in terms of rebounding half backs we are a bit thin... I'd put Dempsy off the table... that leaves Atkinson (not enough cachet to swing the deal), Houli (just won't work - family), and ... now I'm struggling ... Stanton?

Maybe I'd offer Davey.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)