Barry Davis on Marngrook

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Barry Davis on Marngrook

Post by billyduckworth »

Switching channels last night, I happened upon Channel 31 and their "Marngrook Footy Show." Their special guest for the night was Barry Davis.

He is looking very much the distinguished elder statesman these days, with silver hair. He spoke very well and had some interesting things to say about the culture at North under Barassi (desperate to win their first ever flag) as against Essendon (who were kind of resting on their laurels after premierships in 62 and 65). They showed some clips of his playing days. He was very classy, with a beautiful kicking action, and could take a pretty good mark for his size.

Unfortunately, I missed the beginning of the show. Did anyone catch it? I am guessing they might have asked him for his views on Knights and/or Sheedy, which would have been quite interesting to hear. As he quipped himself at one stage, Sheedy was around for so long that most people have forgotten who the coach was just before that!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Barry Davis on Marngrook

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ah the great Number 32
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Saw him play his first game. Was clearly evident from that game onwards that he was going to be a star. Had it all; pace, lovely pair of hands, strong and a magnificent kick,

I stil have very pleasant dreams about that half back line...Epis, Shelton and Davis...Has there ever been a better one...anywhere??
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pevfan wrote:Saw him play his first game. Was clearly evident from that game onwards that he was going to be a star. Had it all; pace, lovely pair of hands, strong and a magnificent kick,

I stil have very pleasant dreams about that half back line...Epis, Shelton and Davis...Has there ever been a better one...anywhere??
I reckon Wellman Harvey (Wallis) Hardwick would give it a shake