crystal ball - ladder 2007...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

crystal ball - ladder 2007...

Post by tom9779 »

my end of year 2007 ladder.(with reasoning below, assuming no team has a shocking injury run)

Fremantle,
Adelaide,
Collingwood,
Western Bulldogs,
West Coast
Sydney,
Geelong,
St Kilda,

Richmond,
Essendon
Hawthorn,
Melbourne,
North Melbourne
Port
Carlton,
Brisbane

Fremantle, steam rolled into the finals this year, momentum building.

Adelaide: just a quality team, drifted off late this year, be keen to make amens next year.

Collingwood might seem a little high, but they have been gifted possible the best draw for any club in the past 10 years. hate em, but expect them to do well.

Doggies: Add akermanis, plus another years experience on some of their quick youngsters....should have a good year.

West Coast: Will suffer a bit of a premiership hangover, but will bounce back, too much quality in their backline and middle.

Swans: Keep buying up enough experience to stay competitive. will dip a bit, as teams are working them out.

Geelong: too much talent on their list to not make the 8 next year, and thompson should have a better year coaching.

Sainters: New coach, still got a decent list. good enough to beat half the competition.

Ninthmond...nuff said.

Us: Realistically we will prob bounce back to middle of the field. Optimistically we would make the 8....who knows.

and well who really cares about the rest.

thoughts?

what are your feelings on next season?

cheers

tom
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I doubt Adelaide will finish that high I think they are getting far to old and will have injury problems due to their core is very old and I doubt will be able to run the whole season out.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Agree with you Gatsid. I cant see Adelaide finishing that high although I think they might still make the lower half of the 8.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Oh Dear, does that put the Filth into second spot ?. Good draw and all, they are a very average unit IMO :|
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

My crystal ball says:

West Coast
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Adelaide
Fremantle
Essendon
Collingwood

Richmond
Geelong
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Kangaroos
Brisbane
Carlton
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

This is a completely pointless exercise at this time of year, so here's my ladder in 60 seconds:

Eagles
Freo
Bulldogs
Demons
Swans
Crows
Saints
Hawks

Cats
Tigers
Pies
Richmond
Bombers
Brisbane
Kangaroos
Blues
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

jimmyc1985 wrote:This is a completely pointless exercise at this time of year, so here's my ladder in 60 seconds:

Eagles
Freo
Bulldogs
Demons
Swans
Crows
Saints
Hawks

Cats
Tigers
Pies
Richmond
Bombers
Brisbane
Kangaroos
Blues
Jimmy, no way tigers are going to finish ahead of richmond :wink:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

ZRS wrote:Jimmy, no way tigers are going to finish ahead of richmond :wink:
Meh, that's what happens when you only spend 60 seconds constructing a ladder :oops: :P .

I'd put Port at 10th and have the Tigers 11th.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

In no particular order...........

Don't Richmond finish ninth? :D

WCE will be up there, as will the Swans again.

Freo will be up there. The Essendon factor gives them an edge they previously haven't had.

Dogs barker will be louder..Aker and Darcy...and they should do better. However, I'm thinking they'll go in with that expectation and will actually lose an edge. With injuries this year they rose to the occasion to play above their station. Next year they'll have to cope with a full list, and by rights should do very well. I hope so but don't expect it. The other side of the coin is that they'll continue to improve. If they do, they just might scare a few contenders.

Bombers should improve after a dismal '06. Unlike the Dogs, I don't think we expected to do very well, and injuries kept it worse than it might've otherwise been.

The filth are difficult to work out. They should be lower eight with their list.

Adelaide are too arthritic to contend.

Port may surprise.

Lions will struggle bigtime.

St. Kilda can still be anything, but like Geelong, they just need to get over themselves.

Demons...the perpetual almosts? Neitz is on borrowed time I think...age will catch him up, and without him they are a different team. White and Yze are close behind him.

Hawthorn can be anything, but only bottom six. :?

Roos will beat Carlton, and it'll be wonderful watching Carlton get yet another spoon.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
ZRS wrote:Jimmy, no way tigers are going to finish ahead of richmond :wink:
Meh, that's what happens when you only spend 60 seconds constructing a ladder :oops: :P .

I'd put Port at 10th and have the Tigers 11th.
So why did you put Richmond in 12th :?
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

all im going to say is West Coast finish on top, kangaroos get the spoon and we finish 9-10, miss finals by a win
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Quick run.

West Coast
Fremantle
Sydney
Melbourne
Geelong
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Port Adelaide