Draft Prospects...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Draft Prospects...

Post by sconsey »

So we have pick 8, who can we realistically get with that pick? Theres been talk of both midfielders and ruckmen being wanted. We've delisted Laycock, so either Hille and Paddy are going to be main ruckmen, or Paddy is going forward and Belly or Bock have to step up or we recruit a ruckmen. Whose the ruckmen available that could potentially be picked up at Pick 8?

Or if we're happy with our ruck stocks, which midfielders could we land with pick 8?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Draft Prospects...

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Best ruckman in the draft is Daniel Gorringe... unless the GC take him he could be around at #8...

Brodie Smith, Shaun Atley, Josh Caddy... a few of the mids around the mark.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Doubt GC will take him, they have Zac Smith, whose gunna be a gun! and got Fraser today. But they also traded another ruckman...Not sure if they have any other ruckmen on their list. Ive heard a fair bit about Josh Caddy. I might check him out later! Whose meant to go number 1 this year? Hasn't been much hype about the draft this year, well from my end of woods.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

sconsey wrote:Doubt GC will take him, they have Zac Smith, whose gunna be a gun! and got Fraser today. But they also traded another ruckman...Not sure if they have any other ruckmen on their list. Ive heard a fair bit about Josh Caddy. I might check him out later! Whose meant to go number 1 this year? Hasn't been much hype about the draft this year, well from my end of woods.
Now that Ceglar has joined the Pies I have a feeling GC will draft Gorringe anyway...

David Swallow will be #1
Harley Bennell #2 and Sam Day #3
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
sconsey wrote:Doubt GC will take him, they have Zac Smith, whose gunna be a gun! and got Fraser today. But they also traded another ruckman...Not sure if they have any other ruckmen on their list. Ive heard a fair bit about Josh Caddy. I might check him out later! Whose meant to go number 1 this year? Hasn't been much hype about the draft this year, well from my end of woods.
Now that Ceglar has joined the Pies I have a feeling GC will draft Gorringe anyway...

David Swallow will be #1
Harley Bennell #2 and Sam Day #3
I thought Swallow was already on the GC list? Didn't he play with them all this year...Gunna be a gun no matter what anyways!